Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow i think i hit a soft spot, sorry
Old 12-16-05, 01:03 PM
JZZ30TT
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Emerald

Im sorry if someone is having a hard time grasping the concept of owning multiple sets of rims.
Well I guess the point was that if you are going to modify your fenders as you have, it really needs to have wheels that fill them out. Otherwise it looks awkward and out of place.

If the wheels were meant to show off a sponsor's wheels (such as Axis) I would venture to guess they would want wheels that don't look out of place on the car. I know they make the wheels you have on your car in wider widths and lower offsets. Although I doubt they make something wide enough or low enough offset to make them look perfect with as much as the fenders are pulled/flared. It would centinally help a lot.

Hopefully this post isn't considered responding to every little point, because I was really curious as to why the fenders were modified as they are.
Old 12-16-05, 01:30 PM
racinstyle
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 1 Post

saw ur car on H-I....very nice
Old 12-16-05, 01:43 PM
AME_VIP
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I tried so hard to resist posting about the horrible wheel fitment but I can't resist anymore. Your car is well known for having poor wheel fitment. I really hope you work on that. Personally, I would not post my car on forums let alone getting pictures done for multiple magazines with such poor fitment. It really ruins the car imo. I can still appreciate all the work you have done but please get some wheels that fit on asap Otherwise keep up the good work! Its rare to find girls who are modding their cars at all.

EDIT: deleted pics because they were poor taste. I'd still like to know what kind of engine management your running. There are probably secrets you don't want to let out though.

Last edited by AME_VIP; 12-16-05 at 10:27 PM.
Old 12-16-05, 01:46 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,253 Likes on 1,367 Posts

Originally Posted by JZZ30TT
I'll stop posting in this thread no problem

(o btw: i thought these things were supposed to be handled through pm?)

Originally Posted by JZZ30TT
Well I guess the point was that if you are going to modify your fenders as you have, it really needs to have wheels that fill them out. Otherwise it looks awkward and out of place.

If the wheels were meant to show off a sponsor's wheels (such as Axis) I would venture to guess they would want wheels that don't look out of place on the car. I know they make the wheels you have on your car in wider widths and lower offsets. Although I doubt they make something wide enough or low enough offset to make them look perfect with as much as the fenders are pulled/flared. It would centinally help a lot.

Hopefully this post isn't considered responding to every little point, because I was really curious as to why the fenders were modified as they are.
I asked you to exit the thread because in addition to some rude comments, you continue to ask the same question over and over again.

On PM, let the moderators decide how to moderate please. You won't get any for 24 hours though because you didn't exit the thread as politely requested..
Old 12-16-05, 01:51 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Turboteg, VJ RC51 please exit this thread and do not post in it any longer.

Turboteg, your wording was OK but you chose to continue to beat a very dead horse about the fenders and chose a mocking picture to prove your point. Not nice, not constructive.

Originally Posted by VJ RC51
Not to be mean but gravity looks kinda heavy in that last picture
Edit - I just saw this post, not at all appropriate. See you in two weeks... this is strike two, next one will be permanent..

Originally Posted by cherplex
hey VJRC51 how was that week of timeout the mods put you on?
Cherplex, stop instigating and let the moderators do their job. 24 hours.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 12-16-05 at 01:57 PM.
Old 12-16-05, 02:09 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Members, not everyone is going to like what Emerald has done to her car, and that's OK. All I'm asking is that you be polite and keep in mind the sense of community we try to foster here.

There have been many problems like those I've just addressed above recently, and that is why I started this action plan.

If you feel you must post something negative, please be constructive about it. Don't mock something you don't like, just say its not your style. The post starter has a right to ignore a question you ask, so don't keep bumping it if she doesn't answer it. Everyone understands that the post starter is a female - that doesn't mean its open season to comment on her appearance.

All we're asking is for members to be courteous and not harassing. If you're supportive in addition to that, I thank you.
Old 12-16-05, 02:21 PM
np20412
Lexus Test Driver

Received 320 Likes on 232 Posts

Good work Emerald

That is an impressive setup, don't let anyone tell you otherwise. So long as you are happy with it, who cares what others have to say.

Keep modding!
Old 12-16-05, 02:23 PM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Emerald, someone raised the question about your shifter conversion. Care to share the details with us? As you know many of us SC guys are unhappy with the stock shifter and are constantly scowering the net for possible alternatives.
Old 12-16-05, 02:32 PM
kaotiq
Lexus Test Driver

i have never seen or encountered someone who is this defensive over his/her car. You build your car for yourself, not for others. If you decided to post up a thread with "hey check out my car, it's in a mag," you pretty much have exposed yourself to the variety of negative and positive opinions. Not everyone is going to like it.

Em, your car is nice and just fine. Just remember that haters will hate and lovers will love. Hope your other projects go well.
Old 12-16-05, 02:43 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I didn't read all the posts but hope someone said this too.

Most of us consider you the SCQueen. No one does it better. Your passion for our beloved sc is unmeasurable. A lot of us wish we had the skills to change it whenever we wanted. Personally, I liked the platinum color you had but it's obvious why. Car looks great as is though. Keep on representling us the way only you can do.

Have to say it.....skills, sc lover/owner and beautiful. You're fantastic. Happy to see you're healthy again. Blessings in abundance.
Old 12-16-05, 02:59 PM
DriftGirl
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

mikeloc24: Im sorry. Its just a normal Levoc shift ****. I think the key is to install it in the neutral position and then find the 'sweet spot' before securing it fully.

Kaotiq: These are a couple of guys that know I wont respond to them in any forum. I think the problem was that they're talking about sumthing that was covered in the very first post.

Reggiek: Thank you. I kinda miss the silver color!!
you can take my lil Silver Soarer Avitar if you want it. lOl!!!

It was custom made for me but doesnt really fit anymore

Im gonna change it to the 'red version' you're ride is lookin good as always. keep up the great work.

Last edited by DriftGirl; 12-16-05 at 03:04 PM.
Old 12-16-05, 03:09 PM
SCRUFFDOGG
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by kaotiq
i have never seen or encountered someone who is this defensive over his/her car. You build your car for yourself, not for others. If you decided to post up a thread with "hey check out my car, it's in a mag," you pretty much have exposed yourself to the variety of negative and positive opinions. Not everyone is going to like it.

Em, your car is nice and just fine. Just remember that haters will hate and lovers will love. Hope your other projects go well.

Defensive over a question too Car looks good though, surprised I've never seen it around.
Old 12-16-05, 04:41 PM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by SCRUFFDOGG
Defensive over a question too Car looks good though, surprised I've never seen it around.
I think it was his use of several "thumbs down" at the end of his question that made her defensive. When someone does something like that it gives off the vibe that they really aren't looking for an answer, just trying to irk someone or get under their skin. You can ask a question without being insulting. See:

"Hey Scruff, it's not my own personal tastes but why did you choose that particular offset on your rims? These wheels are available with better fitting offsets ya know"

or...

"Scruff...why in the hell do you have such horrible fitting wheels?? Why why why? It makes the car look like pure crap!! "

There's a huge difference between the 2.

Emerald, thanks for the info...I'll wait to hear back from you. Thanks.

gotta hur'rup and get home to catch Lakeshow vs. the Wiz...Scruff you know the dealy

Last edited by mikeloc24; 12-16-05 at 04:46 PM.
Old 12-16-05, 04:58 PM
FortuneLS
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

well the way i look at it, you guys can hate on her car all you want, but i dont see your cars featured in 2 magazines... and until it is, you should probably shut your mouths. constructive criticism is fine, but the issues at hand are being blown way outta proportion, and as far as commenting about her ***** or any other part of her body, maybe you need take some time off to grow up a little bit befor you start posting again, show some respect gentlemen, she is well deserving of it for all the hard work she has done, not only in the industry, but to elevate awareness of our cars... my post came a little late, but i had to say it...

DaveGS4: way to moderate! way to bring down the hammer of justice! needs to happen like that more often...

Last edited by FortuneLS; 12-16-05 at 06:05 PM.

Quick Reply: So My car got Featured in SuperStreet & Modified Mags