SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

So My car got Featured in SuperStreet & Modified Mags

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-05, 05:57 PM
nextlevelcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i'm not going to harp on the uneccessary actions taken by the few immature members or soon to be exmembers in this forum(it's just not worth it)..thanx to the moderators for performing their duties and staying on top of the filthy remarks made by some. Emerald, i'm very pleased to see you've returned amongst us common folk' healthy and in better spirits ... we are sooooo not worth! (j/k). as i've said before, nuff respect is due. All of the hard work that was applied to this project -the blood, sweat, and tears involved in this personal masterpiece is surely recognized and greatly respected. (whether liked or disliked) ...keep executing those brilliant custom applications i LOVE to see so much.
Old 12-16-05, 06:42 PM
SimplyZBes
Masterhater

Thumbs up Response

To be honest, I like the flared out rear fender look the way she has it. In my opinion, it makes the car look really aggressive and different. It is true, to have your car in 2 magazines has to mean something. I take my hat off to Ms. Emerald because it is rare you see people do their own work and what makes her so unique besides her style is that, she is female. It is rare you see a female do things on the level that she has. I am not being a kiss a$@ but just giving her the props she deserves. I wish she could help me with my car.
Old 12-16-05, 07:27 PM
240_sx
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by JZZ30TT
Well I guess the point was that if you are going to modify your fenders as you have, it really needs to have wheels that fill them out. Otherwise it looks awkward and out of place.

If the wheels were meant to show off a sponsor's wheels (such as Axis) I would venture to guess they would want wheels that don't look out of place on the car. I know they make the wheels you have on your car in wider widths and lower offsets. Although I doubt they make something wide enough or low enough offset to make them look perfect with as much as the fenders are pulled/flared. It would centinally help a lot.

Hopefully this post isn't considered responding to every little point, because I was really curious as to why the fenders were modified as they are.
Damn dude GIVE IT A BREAK. She explained that she pulled her fenders to fit ANOTHER SET OF WHEELS but she's running these high offset wheels (to say it nicely) AS A FAVOR FOR A SPONSOR. Are you familiar with the concept "You scratch my back I'll scratch yours?"

You act as if she's OBLIGATED to explain her reasons specifically to you. Who are you? The wheel offset post regulator?
Old 12-16-05, 07:36 PM
21ce
Intermediate

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by 240_sx
Damn dude GIVE IT A BREAK. She explained that she pulled her fenders to fit ANOTHER SET OF WHEELS but she's running these high offset wheels (to say it nicely) AS A FAVOR FOR A SPONSOR. Are you familiar with the concept "You scratch my back I'll scratch yours?"

You act as if she's OBLIGATED to explain her reasons specifically to you. Who are you? The wheel offset post regulator?

dun worry bout it man lol i got mad too but the admin handled it welcome to the club btw
Old 12-16-05, 07:52 PM
Lexiss_sc430
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

thank god for Dave, man those guys have too much time on their hands, its like why do u care so much about someone else’s car, its like they have noting better to do.

Emerald by the way, since you have rims piled up to the ceiling, I really wouldn’t mind taking a set off your hands, or anything else you might have layin around
Old 12-16-05, 08:12 PM
wayne
Lexus Test Driver

Emerald, your car is looking good as always. Keep up the good work and don't let the haters discourage you from doing it your way.
Old 12-16-05, 08:16 PM
iasc300
Lexus Champion

Like anyone else with common sense in here-why do you care why she pulled her fenders? is pretty ovious why- but thats not the point- the point is if she wanted to tell you she would have- but im sure i speak for 90% of the owners in here when i say awesome job on the 400- alot of blood sweat and tears in that im sure- Gj Emerald- that car is gorgeous- keep up the good work-and i cant wait to see the 300- peace
Old 12-16-05, 08:35 PM
SimplyZBes
Masterhater

Talking Response

Notice that no one that criticized her car have any pics of their car in any of their posts.
Old 12-16-05, 08:39 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,253 Likes on 1,367 Posts

OK guys, back on topic to Ms ***s SC and off of the haters please. Thank you
Old 12-16-05, 09:36 PM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Congrats on the mag exposure. I'm sure the mag guys are kinda pissy about running the same car same month. I like what you did with the carbon fiber. I like the fact that you build a lot of the stuff yourself. Not because your a girl but because you know how. There's a lot of guys on here that can't do that stuff but would love to learn. Congrats again.

speedy
Old 12-16-05, 09:38 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 350 Likes on 226 Posts

Daum Em, you got'em all tore up in here.
Old 12-16-05, 11:14 PM
grimskunk
Driver School Candidate

Just like to say... was pretty obvious why the fenders were pulled.. whoever it was who couldn't figure it out was obviously a troll or just plain dumb. Considering the number of posts here and how often Emerald gets attacked, seems some guys have a hard time accepting women in their ranks, and/or transcending them.

Emerald: Looks good.. wish I had your ca$h. with your ca$h I'd then want your time & sight.

Looks great.. I showed a co-worker, saying, "same model as my car".. and he didn't believe me. Nice job.
Old 12-17-05, 03:03 AM
Lexiss_sc430
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

one more thing em, what happened to your website, Importtoys or something.... is it done for good

Are you planning to mass produce any of the one-off's you’ve done for your car?
Old 12-17-05, 05:41 AM
drnkcarlos
Driver

emerald, I know the subject of your fenders/wheel fitment has been beat to death, but as a fan of wide fendered soarer/sc's I'm just curious what size wheels/offset your fenders were made to fit ?(if you don't mind me asking?) From the looks of them, it looks like a 10J +15/+20-ish should fit in there pretty well...though with 19's more like +20. The car looks really clean though, I really like the carbon trunk... Gosh what i would give for a nice carbon trunk!!!! Any chance I could talk you into making a carbon fiber trunk for me? (Hey it was worth a try ) Well I hope you enjoy building up your Supra as much as you enjoyed building up the SC.
Old 12-17-05, 06:32 AM
Dew23
Lexus Champion

Emerald car looks good as always remember from back in the day . The new members make
me really not come in here that much anymore LOVE THE CAR .

Quick Reply: So My car got Featured in SuperStreet & Modified Mags