SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

So My car got Featured in SuperStreet & Modified Mags

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-05, 08:09 PM
DriftGirl
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Default So My car got Featured in SuperStreet & Modified Mags

I know details and pictures of this car are hard to come by, But with Last months SuperStreet and this months Modified magazine featuring my car,I thought Id share a few pics and let people know whats up with me and the car without all the rumors n stuff

The SuperStreet article and Modified article wasnt supposed to be back2back but thats the way it went down. Not by my doing. I dont write magazine articles, nor do I tell them what pictures to use.

There are A few things I wanted to say to head off obvious questions:

1- The car was under Sponsorship for the rims. I used what they gave me. I couldve thrown on sum spacers but its not a big deal to me. Im not under Sponsorship with them anymore so I may change them...or just leave it.

2- This is not a car built for Drift. Its a semi-daily driver when its not raining. PERIOD. Ive clowned around in the car to see what it would do and Drive it a lot harder than a Lexus should be driven...but Ive got cars built for Drifting. I have and can drift the car. I did for the cameras...no biggie. People who have been here back when I was posting like a mad person, know that I wasnt the type to make a thread everytime I got a new part or completed a mod. Theres nothing wrong with those that do (its great!) but its not my style.

3- The turbo setup is not a kit. I dont sell it and I dont plan to. It was just a personal project that I wanted to do.

The OG members here at CL have seen the progress on this car from day one and have all helped or motivated me in one way or another. Even the rare crazy threads back in the day, as we were all helping to shape the scene for new SC owners to come. Lex Luthor, AWJ, Madmax, etc, etc...Way back when this was an EZ board when Ethan got his hands on it and turned CL into the huge success that it is today. OLT, legendary,DIrEctQL,ACleanSC4 ,SC400T,DaveGS4 and the V8 king: Lextreme
I know missed a lot of names but we all know who you are.

I remember the 'thought' of modding an SC300/400 was sooo new! We all had the same goal but the competitive nature of 'building cars' is always going to be a factor. So I took a break. At that time I just had plans to build a kick *** sc400 and return within a month or two.....but I fell very ill and didnt need ANY stress that could be avoided. I stopped working on cars all together and spent a year in the bed recovering. I had a car that was just about completed, but I couldnt even walk down the stairs to take it outside for a drive or even take a picture.

I also had to curb my 'car passion' because it wasnt 'fun' anymore.

A lot of 'CL people' knew what was going on via my yahoo group or personal website and had shown their support thru many emails, cards and prayers that I make it thru ok. THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

On to the car.....

people got 'bent outta shape' cause they couldnt see the cold side from a straight view...they failed to notice the other piping tho .

The first thing I noticed (back in the day) were the lack of parts for the car. I had to build my own CF trunk, CF hood, Strut bars,importing Dampers,building Interior parts, etc... because they werent available at that time or nobody knew where to get them.
^^ older interior pic

^^Silver 'carbon fiber' and a few other minor interior changes. I took this picture while they were shooting for Modified Mag.
Old 12-14-05, 08:10 PM
DriftGirl
Lexus Champion

Thru this time I've learned how to weld, composite and structural manufacturing, paint, bodywork, etc...

I just wanted to make a car that was unique: built by me and for me.

Most obvious is the pipe and oil lines running up the Drivers side of the engine. Its covered because I didnt have the welding skill to make it 'pretty'. Its jus 'functional'. The hardest part was routing and then re-sizing the pipes to adjust for a slight lag. The first numbers it put down were around 370 @ 15-18lbs. Ive gone thru a number of engines but its all good. Did it for the love

The hood and trunk both have tinted gel coat

I dont have current pix of the trunk but it kinda looks like this still
Old 12-14-05, 08:14 PM
Nomis
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking good - I like the see through hood shot.
Old 12-14-05, 08:16 PM
STRONG SC
Lead Lap

Looks better here than in the mag. Nice work! Keep it up!
Old 12-14-05, 08:21 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

What a very impressive car... Very well thought out and no corners cut Congrats on the magazine article.. Thats quite an acomplishment....
Old 12-14-05, 08:23 PM
21ce
Intermediate

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts
Smile

it looks absolutely beautiful!!! i was telling everyone that you were in the new modified but they said i was a month too late and closed the thread!... i new you were in a different one the previous month.... i agree that your car looks better here than they portrayed it in the magazine!
Old 12-14-05, 08:24 PM
DriftGirl
Lexus Champion

THANK YOU

fun pix

Last edited by DriftGirl; 12-14-05 at 08:31 PM.
Old 12-14-05, 08:32 PM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Nice pics Emerald oh yea car looks good too
Old 12-14-05, 08:33 PM
Lexiss_sc430
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sweet car emerald, way to go, I remember you from back in the day, your car has come a long way and its looked dam pimp the whole time lol. Keep up the good work.

Tommy
Old 12-14-05, 08:46 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,253 Likes on 1,367 Posts

Very nice Em NOW we can see the turbo, huh

Paint job looks spectacular too.

Congrats on the coverage
Old 12-14-05, 08:59 PM
Tryk
Pole Position

Well I love carbon fiber, and your car sure has some kick *** carbon work going on. I like it
Old 12-14-05, 09:11 PM
SimplyZBes
Masterhater

Smile Response

Ms. Emerald, will you marry me?
Old 12-14-05, 09:15 PM
lexsc492
Pole Position

Default ...

i like the eyepatch lol.... i see u need a new driverside headlight u and ur car are hot
Old 12-14-05, 09:26 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 350 Likes on 226 Posts

Definately a ripe car. Stick a fork in it, it's done.
Old 12-14-05, 09:33 PM
bizzy928
Lexus Champion

Awesome SC!!! You've done a great job!!!

Quick Reply: So My car got Featured in SuperStreet & Modified Mags