SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Lambo Door..done!

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-05, 11:38 AM
PERRYinLA
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Sorry, Malik, but that's not how it works.
The guy said: "my doors are finally done,what do you think?". (Italics mine)
So he is asking a question, and anyone has the right to comment on it, even if it is negative.
Now I agree there is no need to get abusive, but if you put your mod on here,
and ask for comments, you're gonna get them.

(Personally, I have yet to comment, since I have yet to see a decent pic of the car.)
Old 12-18-05, 11:41 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

can't we all get along everyone got different styles and taste. if someone dont like it thats cool
Old 12-18-05, 12:25 PM
bigmalik00
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bow down.....PerryinLA....you are right.... but sometimes on here CA and FL members seem to be bias to one look.....
Old 12-18-05, 12:41 PM
London Bill
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jubay
my doors are finally done,what do you think?
You should have bought a Civic !
Old 12-18-05, 02:05 PM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I bow down.....PerryinLA....you are right.... but sometimes on here CA and FL members seem to be bias to one look
B.S., he's not right at all......this guys post was obviously asking for an opinion on his lambo doors, yet you have a bunch of clowns on this thread talking trash about his wheels, etc, etc.....like the post before this one.

I have one the most moded GS' in the country, and have spent more cash than I care to think about......that doesnt make me feel like I have a right to ***** on someone else because they dont have 10 grand HRE's on their car. I have owned an SC400 for about a week, so I have been on these forums in addition to the GS forums.....one thing is immediately evident, there are a bunch of immature kids on the SC forums that seem to feel the need to make themselves feel better by downing someone else. Grow the F up!!

By the way, I dont like Lambo doors on any car, but I didnt feel the need to start picking the dudes car apart!

Last edited by TTurboPimp; 12-18-05 at 02:10 PM.
Old 12-18-05, 02:32 PM
PERRYinLA
Racer

London Bill is anything but a clown and certainly not a kid- his contributions and longevity on this forum speak for themselves. You're doing exactly what DaveGS4 and others are trying to stop- you're attacking the person, rather than what he said. And what he said, by the way, is about as tame as it gets!

As for me being "not right at all", I learned a long time ago to qualify my remarks, to minimize this sort of thing, but unless I have my lawyer check every post I type before I submit, I guess some are inevitable. This isn't a contest, but we'll let others decide who's right on this (unless this thread gets closed, and if it does it'll be more your fault than Bill's).
Old 12-18-05, 03:23 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by bigmalik00
NO... A Hater is a person that has anything to say that is derogatory...if you don't like it, cool don’t comment.. I thought there was some type of camaraderie here.. if the fellow club member saw that there were no comments …he would then know the outcome of his efforts. Say something nice… or nothing at all.. this could be the same person that helps you on the side of the road. I know if I were broken down I would love to see his Lambo doors for help….am I wrong?
Everyone has a right to comment when someone posts their car. It should be tempered with tact if the person doesn't like it but they have the right to not like it. I don't think I was too harsh and I'd never let someone cool go around thinking they're the stuff when they're not. The lambo door thing is an indication of the changing times here on cl. More of a youth movement. I'll bet everyone who likes it is under 25 yrs old....with some exceptions I'm sure. What's next? We'll have guys sporting spinners and the majority liking it. I won't put them down but that will signify my days at cl coming to an end.
Old 12-18-05, 03:52 PM
MongooseGA
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by TTurboPimp

I have one the most moded GS' in the country, and have spent more cash than I care to think about......

A modified car does not equal a knowledgeable owner.

The guy asked for opnions. Guess what he got?

Having a differing opinion does not make one a "hater". A "hater" is a stupid term for someone to use. Don't like it? Don't like my opinions? Stop hating.

I guess I'm a hater, because I don't like the car.

Reggie- I agree with you on the youth part. They found that these cars can be had for cheap, and their friends who watch too much MTV will think some ugly wheels on dat dope Lexxx is cool.

In reality, this 16 year old finds the whole spinner, altezza tails, neon underbody lights, fart can, wannabe labo doors, drifting, bark bench wing, sticker, and F&F thing pretty gay. I guess I'm just an old soul

Last edited by MongooseGA; 12-18-05 at 03:56 PM.
Old 12-18-05, 04:28 PM
London Bill
Lead Lap

Some of you know me and I have been around ClubLex for a long time now (too long some would say), and say it how I see it. When someone says "what do you think about my Lameo doors" (is that spelt right?), some will like, some wont and they are opinions and should not be taken or considered as personal attacks.

Tha same **** is going on here on Ms Emeralds thread about her motor, personally I hate the rear arch pull but overall it looks good to me but even so there is no need to start getting all b1tchy just coz someone dont like it.

I am not a fan of overtly "modified" SC/Soarers but I can hardly complain after owning the first hybrid TT in England and own 1 of only 2 or 3 supercharged V8's in the UK.

Want to put a roof spoiler (or two) on your SC (go ahead punk, make my day) just dont ask me what I think unless you are prepared for the consequences and double bollox to anyone who thinks I do not deserve an opinion.
Old 12-18-05, 04:40 PM
London Bill
Lead Lap

PS,

The wifes car, at least her doors are "factory"
Attached Thumbnails Lambo Door..done!-sera1.jpg  
Old 12-18-05, 04:54 PM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

A modified car does not equal a knowledgeable owner
Since youre using my quote for that statement, I will assume that youre directing this towards me. I will guarantee that my knowledge of building cars far surpasses the vast majority of people on CL. I have been building cars longer than you have been alive, so I wont get into a debate on knowledge with you.

and Perry.....I would hardly consider "you should have bought a civic" a contribution to the post.
Old 12-18-05, 04:58 PM
MongooseGA
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

Since youre using my quote for that statement, I will assume that youre directing this towards me. I will guarantee that my knowledge of building cars far surpasses the vast majority of people on CL. I have been building cars longer than you have been alive, so I wont get into a debate on knowledge with you.

and Perry.....I would hardly consider "you should have bought a civic" a contribution to the post.

sugar coat the responses as you wish, there is nothing productive about half of the replies to this guys thread. Personally I cant stand the doors, but I chose not to reply with a negative statement......I just dont find it necessary. If I did find it within myself to reply, it would have been somthing along the lines of , "I dont care for them, but to each his own.....its youre car, youre the only one that needs to be happy with it".........the mature route!
I wasn't doubting your knowledge of building cars; I was just stating that it didn't matter the modification level of your car. You could drive a virtually stock car and know more about building it than the people of Toyota 15 years ago.
Old 12-18-05, 05:01 PM
PERRYinLA
Racer

...and Perry.....I would hardly consider "you should have bought a civic" a contribution to the post...
You meant thread, not post.

And if every post that did not contribute to the advancement of the thread was deleted, the entire ClubLexus database would probably be about half its current size.
Old 12-18-05, 05:44 PM
PERRYinLA
Racer

Default But plenty of others are....

Gene- what's amusing is that the original poster (OP) has not said a thing since starting this thread- all this heat is coming from elsewhere!

At this point, we don't even know if the poor guy is offended or not!
Old 12-18-05, 06:20 PM
London Bill
Lead Lap

Yes Perry,

Jubay is the only one who could be or should be offended by the comments about his doors (and the poor quality photo). I am not surpised he has not come back here.

Anyway it's his choice and likewise people can say what they think about his mods there is just no need to get into it over what other people say on the matter, just because I think it's a bad move it dont make me right nor the people who think it's the best thing since fake NOS bottles (Yes, I am talking about you, you know who you are).

We have had this argument on here before, it's simply a matter of taste, I might think some owners do not have any taste as I prefer everything to be understated (a question of age maybe but I hope it's my discerning nature shining through).

If we didnt have our own tastes we would all be driving round in mundane little sh1tboxes and believe me knowledge does not equate to having good taste.

Quick Reply: Lambo Door..done!