SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Lambo Door..done!

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-05, 08:20 PM
jubay
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just asked what did yall think of the doors,damn I didnt mean to start all this,but its cool,as for my wheels,they are my winter wheels if you look at my other pix,I have a set of 3pc FOOSE Speedster and yes I do know that the picture sucks my friend took that pic with his camera phone,but I aint mad at yall,I think its kinda funny,yall be cool.
Old 12-27-05, 05:52 PM
RX469
Pole Position

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts

Still would like to see these up close, I think it looks hot!
Where are you located.
Old 12-28-05, 06:05 AM
legendary
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guys, thanks for keeping this thread on track. I knew it was coming, missed it by a few I guess.

Remember, diversity is what makes this thing grow. Personally, lambo doors are for Lambos. Now, when I get one, I will enjoy it. These fads/fashions come and go. It should not define whether or not a person's taste is bad......more often than not, these guys are learning. Think about when you first modded a car. I have had about 21 cars in my lifetime.....for the most part, I never riced anything out. I have had my share of chrome wheels....but I have learned a more tasteful way of modding a car....its called balance. Well, that is MY way of doing things. Frankie or Gina may think the tasteful way is Neon Pink, Neons, Aluminum Wing and lighted nozzles. I have never been extreme like that. I believe in power under the hood, some aesthetically pleasing mods, suspension in check and some good rubber to bring it all together. But that is me.....

To put it in perspective, think of the Matrix Reloaded. Think of ALL of those agents chasing "Mr. Anderson". That is what this world would look like if we ALL modded the same. That is why I said diversity is good. So, if someone is not good at modding their car, they can learn a bit from you, from me, from Ueno, from Emerald, from everyone, and put their taste in it.

Now....let's keep the attacks to null, and give constructive feedback. Thanks for reading.
Old 12-28-05, 08:40 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by legendary
Guys, thanks for keeping this thread on track. I knew it was coming, missed it by a few I guess.

Remember, diversity is what makes this thing grow. Personally, lambo doors are for Lambos. Now, when I get one, I will enjoy it. These fads/fashions come and go. It should not define whether or not a person's taste is bad......more often than not, these guys are learning. Think about when you first modded a car. I have had about 21 cars in my lifetime.....for the most part, I never riced anything out. I have had my share of chrome wheels....but I have learned a more tasteful way of modding a car....its called balance. Well, that is MY way of doing things. Frankie or Gina may think the tasteful way is Neon Pink, Neons, Aluminum Wing and lighted nozzles. I have never been extreme like that. I believe in power under the hood, some aesthetically pleasing mods, suspension in check and some good rubber to bring it all together. But that is me.....

To put it in perspective, think of the Matrix Reloaded. Think of ALL of those agents chasing "Mr. Anderson". That is what this world would look like if we ALL modded the same. That is why I said diversity is good. So, if someone is not good at modding their car, they can learn a bit from you, from me, from Ueno, from Emerald, from everyone, and put their taste in it.

Now....let's keep the attacks to null, and give constructive feedback. Thanks for reading.
Your point about tastes evolving made me remember my fourth car....a 1985 Nissan Sentra. I put color matched rims on it with chrome fender covers. Those were popular down here back then. Now I think it was the ricest thing imaginable.
Old 12-28-05, 10:15 AM
3rdelement
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

wow, you guys on the sc forum really are something. i like the sc....but the forum leaves alot to be desired. ....heading back to the es forums
Old 12-28-05, 11:09 AM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

Deng that must be quite a work out for you. Those doors are pretty heavy. Imagine how much you have to lift up everytime you get in and out of your SC. You are going to be pretty buff my friend. . But yeah Im not much of a fan of Lambo doors. Ive had bad experiences with people who had them. There would be a couple cars with them parked in front of me at the runs and when the feds would come It would take them forever to get into their cars and go because of their doors. But if you like them thats cool. Its what makes your car unique. Good job.
Old 12-28-05, 11:44 AM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

If everyone had lambo doors, then door dings would be a thing of the past!

I wouldn't do it to my SC, but if you like it on yours then keep modding!
Old 06-26-06, 09:35 PM
*hybrid
Rookie

Originally Posted by London Bill
You should have bought a Civic !
i own a honda civic...what are you trying to say?

Doors look nice, not my taste. But i have respect for the work and effort put into this mod. No respect for stickers (Cali, anyone?)

London Bill is funny...but curious, what is this pictured below???
Old 06-27-06, 04:14 AM
London Bill
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by *hybrid
i own a honda civic...what are you trying to say?

Doors look nice, not my taste. But i have respect for the work and effort put into this mod. No respect for stickers (Cali, anyone?)

London Bill is funny...but curious, what is this pictured below???

That is a Toyota Sera, one of only 16,000 ever produced for the JDM from 1990-1995 (approx as this is from memory which suffers from late nights and single malt consumption).

It's a 1,500cc Twin Cam (automatic), with basically a full glass roof and Lambo doors which go right over the top to form the glass roof, I dont seem to have any photo's of HID's car since it came back from the bodyshop in Ford Imperial Blue but recently she cooked the engine (oil leak, red light, no oil, CRANGGG! fully seized motor ).
Old 06-27-06, 10:24 AM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by London Bill
but recently she cooked the engine (oil leak, red light, no oil, CRANGGG! fully seized motor ).
Well that blows. Damn.
Old 06-27-06, 10:56 AM
racinstyle
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 1 Post

I like em, just dont like the wheels you have
Old 06-27-06, 05:17 PM
Levistey0
Lead Lap

I give you props on the effort you put into your car, but i've never been into Lambo doors unless they were on a Lambo.

I think they look dope on an Rx-7 though.
Old 06-27-06, 05:35 PM
onebadshot
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Fnction1st
I give you props on the effort you put into your car, but i've never been into Lambo doors unless they were on a Lambo.

I think they look dope on an Rx-7 though.
Yep, there is a FD here in colorado that has them and it looks great. Its also a 600hp beast. These doors on the sc what ever happend to class people. Yet another SC down the tubes
Old 06-27-06, 07:36 PM
andrew_A_3
Driver

Originally Posted by bigmalik00
NO... A Hater is a person that has anything to say that is derogatory...if you don't like it, cool don’t comment.. I thought there was some type of camaraderie here.. if the fellow club member saw that there were no comments …he would then know the outcome of his efforts. Say something nice… or nothing at all.. this could be the same person that helps you on the side of the road. I know if I were broken down I would love to see his Lambo doors for help….am I wrong?
i dont really think people are really "hatin" on his lambo doors, they're just voicing their opions. The person who started this thread said "well what do you think", or something along those lines, when asking a question about something people are bound to give their opions on the matter. People saying they dont like the lambo doors on our car does not make them a hater because the owner of the car ASKED, its not like these people happened to just rag on the mans car.

drew
Old 06-27-06, 07:38 PM
andrew_A_3
Driver

Originally Posted by andrew_A_3
i dont really think people are really "hatin" on his lambo doors, they're just voicing their opions. The person who started this thread said "well what do you think", or something along those lines, when asking a question about something people are bound to give their opions on the matter. People saying they dont like the lambo doors on our car does not make them a hater because the owner of the car ASKED, its not like these people happened to just rag on the mans car.

drew
MAN someone already beat me to it

Quick Reply: Lambo Door..done!