SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Arrested? For Speeding?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-01, 05:04 PM
joegolf
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

I should have said, the Valentine One is the best radar detector "I" have ever owned. I had a couple of passports and they were ok. Lots of false alarms and the mounting brackets kinda sucked.

The Valentine One has worked well, but I agree, there are still lots of false alarms while in the city, but not as many as I had with the Passports.

Two people squabbling over which detector is the best is pretty childish. NOW.... if I was being paid to sell or shill for either company, now I would be willing to do battle.

Of course, I really don't know which one is best. It would take several independent tests to tell me that. And, I seriously doubt there are many really independent testers out there. Everyone is going to get something from somebody for saying they did extensive tests and had one result or another.

Anyway, I've been pretty satisfied with my Valentine One. It would be great if and when they can come out with a unit that can really keep the false alarms to a minimum. As far as someone causing an accident for slowing down.... Guess any argument will do!
Old 08-08-01, 05:16 PM
RealMarty
Lexus Test Driver

Default Re: hehe.. talk about bad cops...

Originally posted by Toan Nguyen
Also dont you think the radar detectors give too many false signals? My friend has a Valentine and he probably causes more accidents by slowing down than avoiding cops.
That's one of the reasons I returned the V1 20 days after I bought one several years ago. The 8500 allows you to program out the X-band false alarms. And the 8500 also tested better than the V1 on ka. Both are better than the rest, but my choice is the 8500.
Old 08-08-01, 07:21 PM
JKAG
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default V-1

You can also program out the x-band on the Valentine.

The procedure is NOT in the manual!!

You need to go to the web site to find out how to do it. It also has a lot of other programing options.

Jon
Old 08-08-01, 09:15 PM
lexcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

thanks anyways guys, but i think my attorney will battle this one out for me
Old 08-08-01, 09:37 PM
anthracitetarga
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

dude..im just wonderin but what did/do ur parents have to say bout tis?
Old 08-09-01, 02:40 PM
MadMaxSC400
Lexus Test Driver

Unhappy Man that's a ***** and a half...

I've gotten a few tickets, but there's one thing that you'll see when I upload pics of my car to the gallery... A very important and permanent fixture on my car. I use a highly-rated radar detector, and next to my seat-belt it's the most important thing I have on when I drive. Since I started using one full time (knock on wood) I've NEVER gotten a ticket. Of course, at 110 you're going to need a drag chute to slow that thing down to within 45 or so. You also have to consider that the situation may warrant some evasion, depending on whether he's seen you, seen your plate, where he's sitting, etc. Cop cars run 17's in the 1/4 mile, and I've just plain smoked a couple then headed for the nearest neighborhood to lay low for a while. In all honesty though I think you are too young to be doing that without some pro driving instruction.

ABOVE ALL get your parents to go with you to court, which may be required anyway, and ask for anything you can get, be apologetic, look for ways out, ask for diversion or a probation where the points come off after 6 months of good driving. Also, go to driving school, those points are going to turn your insurance into a MAJOR problem but one point won't look bad if you go to driving school immediately.

Good luck, and buy a damn radar detector. GO! NOW!
Old 08-09-01, 09:44 PM
lexcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

Default radar

one thing, i do have a radar detector, I SHUT IT OFF WHEN THE FIRST COP PULLED ME OVER, AND FORGOT TO TURN IT ON FOR THE RIDE HOME!!!:eek: :eek:

plus this cop was a sneaky bastard, he even told me, and asked if i had radar or anything like that. he told me, "do you have a radar decetor?" so i say, (cause its hidden, looks like a turbo timer, or boost gauge) "no officer" he replys with, "well it wouldnt of mattered anyways cuase i always sit with it off, and then when i see someone who looks like they are going fast, then i turn it on real fast and get them!" i was like.... "that sneaky fcker..." (in my head)

What did my parents say... they were glad to hear that it was just for speeding, and not cause i was in an accedent, and they really dont seem to care much as long as i have enough money to pay off the tickets... THERE GOES MY TURBO MONEY..... man i had 2500$ saved for turbo, i was hoping to get it early next year, but that wont happen for a long long time now, if at all. well i got a lawyer and hes gonna set up a case for me, it doesnt sound like a good one to me, but then again, any case is better than none.

thanks for so many replys, even though half were for the freaking radar dectector... thanks anyways... ill be sure to post a new thread when stuff starts to happen..