SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

My new C.F. Hood is installed

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-06 | 03:21 AM
CantSeeMe
Lead Lap

Default My new C.F. Hood is installed

Hey everyone, My hood has been an irritant for the entire time ive had my SC. And i have been going back and forth between painting it, or getting a CF hood. i had decided not to get a carbon fiber hood. But i bought this one for the cost of shipping plus $1.00 . So i couldnt pass it up.
I am still getting used to it. My SC has been going through a big transformation cosmetically in the past 2 months. With new bumpers and skirts, and now this hood.
I will need time for the hood to grow on me i think. But it fits pretty well, I would say fitment is an 8-8 1/2 out of 10. And the weight reduction makes a significant difference in acceleration too. So i'm pretty happy with it so far. But this hood is gonna force me to get some boost under the hood.
Anyhow i will try and post pics with the thread. But you can also see them in my member gallery.
Old 01-08-06 | 10:22 AM
bigmalik00
Lexus Champion

what a deal.... where did you get it from?
Old 01-08-06 | 10:51 AM
soarer479
Lexus Test Driver

pic no worky
Old 01-08-06 | 01:35 PM
Kohinoor
Lexus Test Driver

here, ill help ya out with the pic

Old 01-08-06 | 01:43 PM
KingpiN.SC
Pole Position

yes, where did you get it from?
Old 01-08-06 | 01:46 PM
ted17
Pole Position

hows the fitment? and where did u get it?
Old 01-08-06 | 01:53 PM
SUPRMSC
Lexus Test Driver

Spill your guts dammit!

Last edited by SUPRMSC; 01-08-06 at 01:57 PM.
Old 01-08-06 | 02:23 PM
iasc300
Lexus Champion

lol is a nice hood though
Old 01-08-06 | 04:40 PM
pilip99
Lexus Test Driver

nice!!!looks good
Old 01-08-06 | 07:25 PM
CantSeeMe
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by HoeBag
here, ill help ya out with the pic

Hey thanks for posting it for me. Much appreciated. I dont know what it is with picture posting, but i never seem to do it right.
And thanks for the positive comments, i wasnt sure about the reaction i would get, its definately not going to be for everyones taste. But at least there seems to be more acceptance and appreciation of alternatives to the norm .
Anyhow, back to the topic. I got it from an _bay auction. The company was Chaser dynamics, And i believe its a C-wing C.F. hood. and it weighs 21 pounds , if im not mistaken.
As far as quality, honestly i dont have anything to compare it with, but i have been getting alot of positive comments when im driving. And it seems to be good?
It fits very well. The only thing worth noting. is you need to cut out 2 rectangles near the hinges. But if you cut them correctly, it lines up just like it should. and fits great. and snug, just like the stock hood.
Actually you can see exactly where to cut the rectangles, so you dont even need to measure. just cut. At first i tried cutting them too small, so it didnt line up right, as you can tell from that pic, if you look closely. There was a gap near the front. But i have since cut them correctly. and the gap is gone. ---Funny how thing fit better when you install them right.
Oh besides the 40 pounds of weight savings. another thing i noticed. According to my temp gauge, it is running slightly cooler, Its been at exactly half for as long as i can remember. And now its dipped to just below the line. So either it is cooler, or i suppose the computer could be confused?
Anyhow i was the only bidder . I bid $40 for it . And didnt really think i would get it for that. Since i saw them selling the same hood about 4 months ago, and it sold for 300. So i wasnt even thinking about it when i was told i won.
But the interesting part is since i was the only bidder. and there was no reserve. Even though i bid 40 It was automatically won for $1 . Plus 150 shipping. And no tax.=$151.00 total.
I was even nice , since I feel bad in a way. because i know they lost money on this sale. i tried to let the seller cancel it about a week after i had paid, He said he would have loved to cancel but he had already sent it out.
I noticed the other SC hood they were selling at the same time was sold for a low amount too. So if someone is looking they may want to check it out?
Old 01-08-06 | 08:47 PM
BigManne
Lexus Test Driver

i need one of those myself
Old 01-09-06 | 12:33 AM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

Hey Thanks alot for all this great info! Your new Carbon Fiber hood looks great! You got a really great deal on it I still cant believe it. I'd love to see some more pictures of your front end at different angles in the daytime so I can get a much better idea of how it looks. I might want to check out eBay myself.
Old 01-09-06 | 10:40 AM
HQuakers
Driver School Candidate

Fitment looks pretty good to me. Also, need more pix.
Old 01-09-06 | 11:30 AM
racinstyle
Lexus Test Driver

looks pretty good to me
Old 01-09-06 | 11:43 AM
Lexatron
Rookie

Originally Posted by CantSeeMe
Hey thanks for posting it for me. Much appreciated. I dont know what it is with picture posting, but i never seem to do it right.
Your image tags should look like this...

[img.]pic addy here[/img]

Don't add the period in the first [img] and viola!

Quick Reply: My new C.F. Hood is installed