SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

side markers

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-06, 02:55 PM
slamdawg54
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default side markers

is there any companies that make cheap side markers for our cars, i had to repaint my front bumper and the bolts were rusted so i just broke one of my sidemarkers off so i could prep it for paint. i checked ebay, i thought they would have them since they do for every other car in the world. any help is appreciated, thank you.
Old 01-09-06, 03:11 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 359 Likes on 229 Posts

just PM aliga
Old 01-10-06, 08:32 AM
slamdawg54
Rookie

alright ill contact him, thank you
Old 01-10-06, 08:47 AM
mossnojoke
Driver School Candidate

what are side markers?
Old 01-10-06, 08:54 AM
Batmobile
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i'm using GS side markers... little longer and some mods may have to be done but it looks good i think

what are side markers?
ummm.... ....okay... side markers refers to any kind of small lighting housed on the side of the car. Doesn't matter whether it's mounted on the front or back ends of the car but usually is referred to the one in the front. Our sc's have them on the front bumper. (the orange light housing)
Old 01-10-06, 01:17 PM
nasc300
Lead Lap

Which model year GS
Old 01-10-06, 08:23 PM
Batmobile
Pole Position

Originally Posted by nasc300
Which model year GS
the 98-04 one
Old 01-11-06, 05:01 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by Batmobile
the 98-04 one

Can you post pics of the GS sidemarkers on your car?
Old 01-12-06, 07:11 AM
Batmobile
Pole Position

Originally Posted by cherplex
Can you post pics of the GS sidemarkers on your car?

well... i don't have any pics of it on my original bumper... the pics that i have they're too far away and if you zoom up on the computer everything get's distorted. it was flushed though and looked really good.... i would recommend people do it.....and also... just to let you know....the side markers on my most recent pics with my abflug body kit... the gs side markers are on there too... but this time they're not flushed.... the shop i went to once again, letting everyone know did a crappy job so pissed off.... and the front bumper now... i don't want to mess with because it's fiberglass
Old 01-12-06, 08:15 AM
techsc400
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Batmobile
the 98-04 one
This is good info. They sell the clear side marker for GS on ebay also.

What kind mod do we need to do to fit into SC bumper? Major cut and trim? or minor?
More detailed info would be appreciated.
Old 01-12-06, 08:47 AM
np20412
Lexus Test Driver

Received 381 Likes on 265 Posts

Does anyone know a DIY way to black out these sidemarkers? OR somewhere to buy a black cover/blacked sidemarker? I know a memeber (lex400sc) used to sell covers for them, but he is no longer active and won't return my PM's. Any help from anyone? I'd really like to just DIY if possible...I don't use the sidemarkers (i.e. I pulled out the bulb in each one) so is it possible to just pop that lens/cover off and paint it?
Old 01-12-06, 10:25 AM
np20412
Lexus Test Driver

Received 381 Likes on 265 Posts

I am VERY interested in what you are doing to tint these suckers, please keep me posted!!
Old 01-12-06, 10:28 AM
1badceli
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NYLexSC
I am VERY interested in what you are doing to tint these suckers, please keep me posted!!

Well mine are allready tinted but i am gonna tint them more or find darker tint?! But with what i am doing you wont see much of the tinted anyways?! You'll see!!
Old 01-12-06, 06:28 PM
PsiQo1
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 1badceli
Yes that is for both sides!! And as for the amber corners...i broke mine off and just sanded down the ruffness left behind. Or you can dremmel it off. Your choice?!
ouch..im not too fond of breakin anything on my car...lol...what did you use to stick it onto the lamp housing with or did it jus kinda "snap" on?
Old 01-12-06, 06:47 PM
Batmobile
Pole Position

Originally Posted by techsc400
This is good info. They sell the clear side marker for GS on ebay also.

What kind mod do we need to do to fit into SC bumper? Major cut and trim? or minor?
More detailed info would be appreciated.
hey this was a copy and paste pm from me to cherplex and $300... hope you don't mind because i really wouldn't want to re write everything. minor cut and trim....

Well if you have the factory bumper the material is easy to cut. Using simply a razor blade you could cut through the bumper make sure you measure of course, where you want the gs side marker to start and end.keep in mind you cant just cut one side of the side marker and keep on going with it until the gs markers fit....you have to cut both sides evenly. try not to touch the area where you have the predrilled holes for you original markers. .. align the top of the gs's side marker also to the top of where your original side marker was because being that the gs's side markers are longer it is a tad bit thinner so expect to have about under 1 cm of space under the side marker. once your done fitting the gs side marker's in.... redrill one hole try to use at least one of the factory predrilled holes. and your done. have any other questions let me know

and also... i wouldn't recommend you breaking your side marker.... well this is just my personal opinion because i tried it.... usually the amber breaks because it's really hard to get that whole thing off in one piece.... and i'm not sure what your planning to use to re-cover the thing but most likely it won't have the reflector cuts inside the housing. without the reflector cuts your 168 bulb will just disperse a str8 light out of the housing rather than light up the whole thing..you know?.. i found a good web site to "tint" your housing if you wanted to go another route instead. www.stickercity.com i think.... they sell different color tint's so you could just simply buy let's say a clear bumper light and smoke it out yourself.... you can take it off whenever you want and retint it whenever you want..... the sell in sizes that will be well enough for your headlights and side markers. hope i helped

Quick Reply: side markers