SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

dent on right door

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-01, 01:51 PM
Carboxy
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi,
My best friend dented his bumper into my right door. The collision place recommended paint "blend" job: costing me around 700 clams or I can get those dent guys to use some tool to remove it. What do you lexus owners think? I'm just afraid that the paint won't look right or it's obvious that it's been damage.
R
Old 08-09-01, 02:12 PM
mdfdsc300
Pole Position

Thumbs up paintless dent repair

if the paint surface is not damaged (ie broken) and the dent is not major, you may be able to get away w/ paintless dent repair for about 1/3 the cost of a body shop repair. Obviously the savings is in the fact that you will not have to repaint and worry about paint match.
I have done PDR on my Lexus and swear by it. I know others here have done so as well.
post a pic if you can and we should be able to tell you if it can be fixed via PDR.
Where are you located?
Old 08-10-01, 09:15 AM
joegolf
Rookie

Red face

I've tried the paintless dent remover company here in Sacramento. I bought my SC400 a month ago and it had a minor ding, no paint damage, just above and forward of the right wheel well. The guy said piece of cake, can take it out like new. An hour later, he had drilled a hole from the door side and had the ding looking better but still very noticeable. I did notice that the idiot took his small working table and put another small ding just above the wheel well. I pointed this out and he denied it. I then showed him how the paint was freshly scraped and how it exactly matched the height of the table. He still denied it but said there was no charge as he could not remove the entire ding (the original one.) The damage he did while there is extremely minor but you'd think they would be more careful.

Anyway, the point of the post was it is good to hear that the paintless ding removal stuff does work. I had bad luck and hope I never need the service but will try if needed. Just don't go the the place on California and Fair Oaks Blvd in Carmichael, CA.
Old 08-10-01, 09:27 AM
Carboxy
Rookie

Default Neutral while idling?

Hi SC400 owners,
I was wondering is it bad for the transmission to be neutral while I'm waiting at a stop light or just put it in drive and hold the brakes. I have a sc400. Someone told me that was bad for the trans
R