SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Corbeau or sparco in a sc300?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-06, 03:08 PM
SC400Dude
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Xevuhtess7
sc400dude, im curious as to how much lower the seats sit, any estimation? also, what brackets are you using, and how are your harnesses mounted?
I'm guessin 2-3 inches....then again...every vehicle I get into, I automatically lower it all the way....LoL
I'm using the Corbeau brackets made for the 93-98 Supra. Direct fit.

My harness are mounted to the stock seat belt points; On the sides near the door sill(The point where that bar is mounted for the seat belt anchor), on the trans tunnel along with the seat belt buckle, and the long shoulder straps are mounted to the rear seat belt points(You'll have to remove the bench seat to access these mounting points).

Make sure you buy the harnesses that have the extra long shoulder belts. I've had Crow Camlocks and the shoulder belts will not be long enough to reach the rear mounting points. The Schroth Harnesses have much longer shoulder belts. Hope this helps...
Old 01-15-06, 03:35 PM
soarer479
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

go with the sparco fighter or evo. both are very comfortable and durable.
Old 01-16-06, 02:44 PM
flossn
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by soarer479
go with the sparco fighter or evo. both are very comfortable and durable.
how much of a recline do these have? I'm leary of fixed back seats 'cause this will be a street/strip car that that will be driven almost daily in the summer. I don't think i could handle sitting straight up all the time, but i don't drive in a gangsta lean either. The lighter weight is a big plus though!
Old 01-22-06, 07:08 AM
Xevuhtess7
Pole Position

did you ever decide on a seat?
Old 01-23-06, 11:40 AM
aswang
Lexus Test Driver

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

wow those corbeaus look pretty on point. I must say though, that I had sparco torinos on one of my previous cars and I really enjoyed them. They were snug and I liked the fact that they reclined also. It all boils down to preference I guess. I'm 6'1/ 185lb's and they felt right for me. Fortunately I had the opportunity to sit in them before purchasing them and I suggest you do the same if possible. Good luck, let us know what you end up getting
Old 01-23-06, 01:11 PM
SC400Dude
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by lexluv300
IMO racing seats in a sc luxo looks like booboo to me --I guess that why they sau opinions are like aholes --everybody has one

What made me buy aftermarket buckets seats was because of financial issues. My stock leather seats were cracked and worn, so bad that the green foam was coming out. I was not ready to buy another seat(Or pair) for thousands of dollars nor I had the time to re-upholster them. So, I thought the $800 I spent on a pair of seats and brackets was pretty fair for my budget then.

I agree with you though. Racing seats in an SC is pretty extreme in a sence, but I've always had positive comments in regards to these seats since a lot of the people in my area have never seen such a thing...LoL...
Old 01-23-06, 02:26 PM
flossn
Lead Lap

I'm going with the a4's because they are lighter than the sparco's. I found a set of used a4's through a friend so i'm going to see how they fit. As far as racing seats in a sc, well my car is a 92, so it's not exactly a luxury car anymore. Besides with the direction i'm taking with this car, the seats will look right at home
Old 01-23-06, 05:16 PM
Xevuhtess7
Pole Position

flossn, let me know how those work out for you. i was interested in those seats as well. are you gonna be installing harnesses or using the stock seatbelts and i assume yuo're using the corbeau bracket for the supra?
Old 01-23-06, 06:45 PM
flossn
Lead Lap

flossn, let me know how those work out for you. i was interested in those seats as well. are you gonna be installing harnesses or using the stock seatbelts and i assume yuo're using the corbeau bracket for the supra?
I will keep you posted, it will probably be two weeks or more before the guy is in town with the seats so i'm trying to be patient Yes, you have to use the supra bracket since i've read that they fit perfect. If i go with these seats, i get a set of stang seat brackets in on the deal so if anyone wants to trade for supra brackets, the stang ones are yours!

I will go with stock seatbelts for now 'cause there's no need for a cage at this point. No need to add weight if it's not needed!!
Old 01-24-06, 09:18 AM
D1GP
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 13 Posts

what about recaro?
Old 01-24-06, 10:42 AM
SC400Dude
Lexus Champion

The lexus dealer ripped the side of my drivers' seat and i see the green foam --i was pissed man but I am just going to order some skinz and redo the seats myself for $200 less than what u paid for the seats. A weekend and I'm good. IMO I if I didn't have the time to redo the leather I would just slap some decent seat covers over the seat(s) until I had the time. Most likely your car won't be featured on pink slips unless you have about $15-20k to put into your ride and if i were to drop that much cheddar in my sc it wouldn't be a DD --it would be a sc with gutted interior, cf as much as poss, cage etc --otherwise most would consider it RICE --Just my opinion man --"TO EACH HIS OWN" If your friends say your cool than who am I to argue --you're cool
No one(including myself) ever stated that I was "cool" because of bucket seats. I don't believe what I have posted was considered "opinion" directly. A gentleman asked a question and I just posted what I have and thoughts of a certain product. What others may or may not say about it could be construed as "opinion".

I do respect what you had to say and this is not a direct jab at you. Just wanted to clarify.

However, nothing beats the comfort of plush and fine-leathered factory seats. If I had the time and/or money then, I would have considered it.

Recaro makes a good seat.
I seen some great deals on Supra Forums and ebay....
Old 01-24-06, 02:40 PM
Xevuhtess7
Pole Position

easy there..... not everyone who wants aftermarket seats in their non race-dedicated car is a ricer.....

there are people who do it for functionality, not to show their friends

personally my reasons for wanting aftermarket seats is because i like the feel of sporty seats that hug your body. and i dont enjoy being thrown around the cabin when im autocrossing or even just driving spirtedly. also, my hair brushes the roof so i need a seat that sits lower. dropping the weight of all the motors in the stock seat is great too.

its not all for show
Old 01-24-06, 03:14 PM
flossn
Lead Lap

easy there..... not everyone who wants aftermarket seats in their non race-dedicated car is a ricer.....

personally my reasons for wanting aftermarket seats is because i like the feel of sporty seats that hug your body. and i dont enjoy being thrown around the cabin when im autocrossing or even just driving spirtedly. also, my hair brushes the roof so i need a seat that sits lower. dropping the weight of all the motors in the stock seat is great too.

its not all for show
Right, i'm doing it to drop weight. I bought this car for a street/strip car with emphasis on going fast at the strip. I have no intentions of keeping it a comfy quiet car, i would have kept my GS400 if that's what I wanted. After I get a baseline at the track this spring i will be ripping out all of the sound deadner and whatever else i can find while keeping the interior stock appearing.

Carbon fiber, cage, now you're talking!! Does adding a big turbo to that list keep the car from being rice? Some will say I should've bought a mustang to do that stuff too, but i've gone down that road before and I wanted to do it with a lexus this time. To each his own though
Old 01-24-06, 03:17 PM
SC400Dude
Lexus Champion

its not all for show
Funtionality is what eventually followed, as I discovered. They are lighter than the stock seats, much lighter.
They don't make many aftermarket performance goodies for the the SC400, so having the car go on a diet is just as good. The whole power-to-weight ratio.
Old 01-24-06, 03:30 PM
SC400Dude
Lexus Champion

Hey if you're happy thats all that counts What's next racing stripes, neon lights, and spinners?
Dude,
I did nothing wrong to you for you warrant those comments. This will be the last indirect conversation I will have with you. From now on, I will not be associated with you. Have a good day sir.

Quick Reply: Corbeau or sparco in a sc300?