SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Corbeau or sparco in a sc300?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-06, 03:54 PM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lexluv300
Hey if you're happy thats all that counts What's next racing stripes, neon lights, and spinners?
You're a funny guy. What does your car look like and have in it? I'm curious to know. I know what SC400Dude's car looks like and I see nothing wrong or "ricey" about it. He explained to you why he got the racing seats, how you then somehow associated that with a desire to get neon and spinners is beyond me. Maybe that's the direction you're heading in with your own car?

This thread is about people interested in discussing racing seats in their SC, but you're in here trolling, obviously
Old 01-24-06, 04:29 PM
soarer479
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

werd^ i have never known race seats to be ricey. there is always a purpose for them. and in my opinion and many others that ive seen, ppl seem to like the way they look in our cars....... i think someone is insecure about their ricer status and has to make fun of others to feel better about themselves.....
Old 01-24-06, 05:45 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 350 Likes on 226 Posts

I just feel that the sc wasn't built to be raced but rather a sporty luxo cruiser.
Good that you feel that way, don't force it on everyone else please.

Back on topic!
Old 01-24-06, 06:29 PM
quikturbo
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Really these rides are all show but they are just too darn heavy for anything else
I would disagree
Old 01-24-06, 08:13 PM
$C300
Lexus Test Driver

Some one quick inform him on the magical powers of "TURBOS"
Old 01-24-06, 09:46 PM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

How many performance parts do you see that are available for the sc? We can't even get a darn HU Kit for this car! Hey where can I get an aftermarket lca? That's right --you can't. Really these rides are all show but they are just too darn heavy for anything else and if u add all the miles on the sc's in this forum it would be over a billion miles because most of our sc's are sitting at 100K + (Senior citizens) I remember back in the early days of these cars you mostly saw old dudes rollin these sc's.
There are tons of parts for these cars. You just havent searched well enough to know. The possibilities are endless. You have to remember, it is almost the same as a Supra. You cant make a Supra push over 1000hp with very few parts now can you? The SC is not just "all show". The SC is what you make of it. They have been used for many things. They make good Show cars, Drag cars, Great drifters, Track cars, etc. Im telling you, the SC is what you make of it. About the weight..so what? About the mileage.. .

Lets just say the SC has way more potential than you think.

Oh yeah. The Corbeaus are pretty nice. The Sparco cloth on the Torinos tend to fade quite easy.
Old 01-25-06, 07:54 AM
soarer479
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thats funny because last time i check supra are only around 100 pounds lighter depending on model. if you take out your spare tire you have almost lost this, or you will lose this going to race seats. you have to be some kind of ignorant to say the things you have. go ahead tell chris his car is slow(id like to see many other lighter cars run 9's) or how about clint or even mr ethan back in the day. or better yet try to tell me my fully built sc slow and a brick...... you kind sir are hopeless
Old 01-25-06, 11:07 AM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by soarer479
thats funny because last time i check supra are only around 100 pounds lighter depending on model. if you take out your spare tire you have almost lost this, or you will lose this going to race seats. you have to be some kind of ignorant to say the things you have. go ahead tell chris his car is slow(id like to see many other lighter cars run 9's) or how about clint or even mr ethan back in the day. or better yet try to tell me my fully built sc slow and a brick...... you kind sir are hopeless
Yep.....and see, this is the reason why older more experienced members tend to stop posting and stay away from the SC forum altogether. There's just too many people hurling insults, making smart-alec comments, and trolling with NO intent to help or contribute whatsoever to a given thread.

If I don't like racing seats why would I go into a thread about racing seats to stir up trouble? I don't get it.

Sometimes I want to just talk to members and other enthusiasts via pm and leave all the posting alone. It's pointless because some ignorant kid who just got his SC last week will chime in with utter foolishness backed up by complete nonsense and derail the entire discussion.

You guys be cool and drive safely.
Old 01-25-06, 12:46 PM
AME_VIP
Lexus Champion

dunno whats going on in here but go Sparco.

My friend has the Torino's and they are nice quality. Don't expect to be super comfy like stock SC leather seats though ha

Having owned Corbeau Forzas I would never buy Corbeau again. Horribly uncomfortable, crappy quality, brackets that didn't fit (3 out of 4 bolts) Junk. The springs dug into my back because there was no padding. STAY AWAY
Old 01-25-06, 12:46 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,240 Likes on 1,359 Posts

. You never see me post in this forum always busting on people for my enjoyment--I just stated my opinon and added some humor --It may have not been funny to you or some others but it was to me
I also did not find your comments and so-called humor funny. You can easily state your opinion without insulting others.

See you in a couple of weeks and I hope you can show respect for your fellow ClubLexus members when you return from your suspension. It says right at the top of the forum "community" and you are not acting in the best interest of our SC member community.

When you return, immediately PM me your former screen name so I can combine the accounts. If you do not, this member name will be permanently banned and you will need to use the old account. I found one other for you with no posts which I have disabled "shantheguy" from 2004.

Members - please get this thread back on track and DO NOT RESPOND to this posters comments.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 01-25-06 at 01:34 PM.
Old 01-25-06, 01:18 PM
SC400Dude
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TurboTeg
dunno whats going on in here but go Sparco.

My friend has the Torino's and they are nice quality. Don't expect to be super comfy like stock SC leather seats though ha

Having owned Corbeau Forzas I would never buy Corbeau again. Horribly uncomfortable, crappy quality, brackets that didn't fit (3 out of 4 bolts) Junk. The springs dug into my back because there was no padding. STAY AWAY

Torino's are really comfortable....If I had a choice between the Torino's or the A4's(Money permitting)...I would go with the Sparco's. They have a lot more padding.

I may try them out next, or the Brides....
Old 01-26-06, 11:28 AM
silversprucesc3
Lexus Champion

Guys.... I am so glad this thread got on track....

I was one of those that thought that racing seats only belong in racing cars HOWEVER, I have been enlightened. .... I put a set of black leather supra seats in my sc a few years back and the comfort level along with support made me a believer.... I have gone stock (only because the sc is 4 sale) but if I keep her I will be going with recier more supportive seats as well..

BTW..keep up the good work