SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

So I'm thinking of getting in on the LeatherSeats GB...

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-06, 01:35 PM
bruce van
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default So I'm thinking of getting in on the LeatherSeats GB...

I'm half way in on deciding to go for the new leather seats in my black '92 SC400. I'm still undecided on whether to keep it stock looking with the sandstone color or try for something different.

If I were to go with something different, I thought about going for a two-tone look with the black inserts/centers for the front and back seats and keeping the sandstone on the outside trim. I tried searching for pictures to see if anyone has done this combination before and was unsuccessful. Anybody done this before?

I've seen them in other colors and they looked pretty good, but I'm kind of conservative in my styling. Since my car is black, I thought it might actually look good. Or would this look to tacky and too busy if the black clashed with the sandstone?

I would appreciate any comments and ideas. Here's what the car looks like now.

Old 01-19-06, 01:40 PM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

eh, I'd keep the leather stock...colorwise at least...the most I'd do is get seude inserts. Some of the 2-tone stuf looks okay, but since I'm not planning anything spectacular with this car I don't feel the need to do anything extra with my interior.

I plan to do stock color, gathered leather or perhaps perforations...I haven't decided yet, but I'm leaning more towards gathered. I want it to remain a luxury cruiser for the most part.
Old 01-19-06, 03:12 PM
SWSC400
Lead Lap

I think it might look kinda cool Those colors always go well together anyway. Mercedes did that with there little hard top convertible sport coupe and I thought it looked good!
Old 01-20-06, 01:17 PM
bruce van
Lexus Champion

I'm starting to lean towards centers in black. Here is a quick Photoshop job with the diagram and also a picture. Do you guys think this will look too busy?
Attached Thumbnails So I'm thinking of getting in on the LeatherSeats GB...-sc400_leather_drawing.jpg  
Old 01-20-06, 01:17 PM
bruce van
Lexus Champion

Here it is with a quck masking job.
Attached Thumbnails So I'm thinking of getting in on the LeatherSeats GB...-black_centers.jpg  
Old 01-20-06, 01:28 PM
ChronoJ1
Lexus Champion

Not a fan of two tone.
Most of the examples I saw on this forum looked tacky and too un-factory.
Old 01-20-06, 02:47 PM
SWSC400
Lead Lap

I think it looks pretty good, I say go for it

.....and post pics when you do
Old 01-20-06, 09:45 PM
YZFR1
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bruce van
I'm starting to lean towards centers in black. Here is a quick Photoshop job with the diagram and also a picture. Do you guys think this will look too busy?
I think this is ok with the black inserts....... do me a favor though, do the headrests in the tan instead of the black................. see how it looks?

Dan
Old 01-20-06, 10:49 PM
Jimbo2828
Pole Position

everyone has their own kind of taste. just go with what you really want.
Old 01-20-06, 11:55 PM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by ChronoJ1
Not a fan of two tone.
Most of the examples I saw on this forum looked tacky and too un-factory.
Word I think the best thing you can do on our seats is to have the center part perforated.
Old 01-21-06, 01:02 AM
bruce van
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by YZFR1
I think this is ok with the black inserts....... do me a favor though, do the headrests in the tan instead of the black................. see how it looks?

Dan
Here you go Dan.

After looking at it even longer, I think I better go with just the monotone stock look. If there was more black trim throughout the rest of the interior, it might work, but since there's nothing in the back seats the black leather would stand out too much.

Besides, this would give me a little more cash to shell out for the "Premium" upgrade (More leather in the rear).

Thanks for the input guys. Maybe I can make up my mind 100% by the time this group buy is over...
Attached Thumbnails So I'm thinking of getting in on the LeatherSeats GB...-inserts_only.jpg  
Old 01-21-06, 07:05 AM
CompuMan
Pole Position

Default My Solution

I say, If you like the combination, GO FOR IT!
Here is what I did:
Attached Thumbnails So I'm thinking of getting in on the LeatherSeats GB...-sc400frontbuckets1.jpg  
Old 01-21-06, 07:07 AM
CompuMan
Pole Position

Default The Back Seats

These are the back seats (B-T-W - They are the Tuscony leather and are glove soft)
Attached Thumbnails So I'm thinking of getting in on the LeatherSeats GB...-sc400rearseats21.jpg  
Old 01-21-06, 08:26 AM
CantSeeMe
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by bruce van
Here you go Dan.

After looking at it even longer, I think I better go with just the monotone stock look. If there was more black trim throughout the rest of the interior, it might work, but since there's nothing in the back seats the black leather would stand out too much.

Theres nothing in the back thats black right now, but if you get all black seats there would be!
Thats what i vote for...... But theres really no wrong in any of those choices, as long as you like it .
Old 01-21-06, 10:20 AM
sc400
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I have a black SC like yours and have been pondering about the color choice for my seats as well. Between the two-tone you suggested and the monotone I'd definitely go with the monotone sandstone or tan. If you like black then go with all black. The combination of black and tan doesn't look very appealing to me.

Quick Reply: So I'm thinking of getting in on the LeatherSeats GB...