SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

got tired of the tan interior.....

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-06, 07:40 AM
brian lin
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default can you help to check the door step body?

Indypwr
sorry that I had to derail from the topic for a bit, as I had posted pix of my ride with weird welding lines on the driver side door step, no firm picw/o the weld was acquired.
As you've just happened to take off the carpet, would you be kind enough to take a picture for me?
I happen to be on the same project as yours, converting grey to black, with carbon fiber trims too! but found this weird welding and just had to find out whether that is normal or not...
thanks!
Attached Thumbnails got tired of the tan interior.....-1.jpg  
Old 02-10-06, 08:38 AM
indypwr
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hey guys....sorry i have not been posting any update pics lately.
i decided to take out the carbon fiber trims as it didnt come out as i expected.
so instead, i got another set of the wood trims and painted them black.
it came out ok. i will update some pics.
Old 03-04-06, 02:12 AM
bigmalik00
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey keep us posted... I will be on this task in two weeks... I just won some spare interior parts on EBAY....and I wanted to see your results before I became Picasso
Old 03-04-06, 04:55 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I have to give you props man, I came across the same situation with my car. got bored of the tan and just knew that a blk interior would flow so much better with my scheme and color so I went through the very painful and expensive process of converting my car to blk interior. I loved th outcome and am glad I went though it but wouldn't recommend it (unless you are going to see it through) but seeing others going through the same painful task is just awesome. It shows that passion for modding. great job so far man can't wait to see the outcome pics. do some before and afer pics that really hits home for me when I look at them....

Last edited by bluelex; 03-04-06 at 05:06 AM.
Old 03-04-06, 07:48 AM
sourcemine
Lead Lap

I've been wondering how the grey interior looks with some of the black pieces...

I guess I'm still unsure... The armrest I'd of done in grey suede over black leather, so thats not too appealing to me, it doesnt fit the two tone lines of the interior, IMHO. The black controls dont look too bad..

I guess I have to see it finished.. I definately want to paint my interior WOOD a non-wood color..
Old 03-04-06, 07:58 AM
silversprucesc3
Lexus Champion

Hey bro... just some pics of my interior at various mod stages with grey and black...The combo looks pretty good IMO but I am going ALL black now (I think.. lol)

I think us guys with grey interiors have an advantage over tan in that the combo matches better

Old 03-04-06, 08:04 AM
bigmalik00
Lexus Champion

spruce ....what did you do for the dash?.... the rest looks good..
Old 03-04-06, 08:10 AM
silversprucesc3
Lexus Champion

nothing... These are some older shots... I just picked up my 3rd black interior last night... This time SC seats front rear complete door panels, window trims, headliner...etc..

The only thing I am NOT changing is the dash since in the 92 spruce is charcoal grey and looks fine with black under parts like glovebox, console + bezel, under steering wheel peices ..etc I may or may not keep the charcoal grey window trimmings front and rear but I got to compare the visual after install...

BTW.. that pic of the door panel is a spare that i painted with MOLECUBOND black as a trial... stuff worked great for 2 years .... Some old threads I mentioned that I even painted a spare back seat and my 2 younger kids rode in the back for 2 years with NO problems.. (bought a new black back seat for this conversion this time)..
Old 03-04-06, 12:37 PM
indypwr
Lexus Champion

what up guys! it's been a while since i posted to this thread of my own.......hehhehe
well, i decided to opt out the carbon fiber pieces. it didnt come out as great even though i took the time to make them fit and all. so, i decided to paint the wood panels to "black". i still need to updated my rear seat belts to grey and the brake handle as you can see on the pics.

enjoy.....

Old 03-04-06, 12:42 PM
southernsc
Lexus Champion

WOW I really like that color combo
Old 03-04-06, 07:22 PM
indypwr
Lexus Champion

tks man. it looks better in person though........my camera sucks
Old 03-07-06, 08:45 PM
breed
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

OK Guys, So I ordered the Leatherique and I have decided to go with Black And Tan setup, I totally striped the car except for the Dash so far, everything is going well so far but I just ran into a problem trying to take the Dash Wood inserts off by the glovebox and vents. How The HELL does it come off?? And what about the HandBrake How Does that COME OFF.

For all who thinking that the inserts are real wood, There NOT, its just an overlay that looks like Wood, but i did notice that the back of it is real wood but not the front. I was going to Stain it a nice EBONY Black if it was Wood but that ideah went to **** when I found out it was an overlay.

So Stay Tuned, I'll be Posting hella Pic's as soon as im done.

One think about the Leatherique process is that you have to sand EVERYTHING you want to Dye.

Man I wish someone Local was doing the same thing.
Old 03-07-06, 08:54 PM
howiedoit
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

hey pat, the interior is looking good, man. i like the all black dashboard.
Old 03-08-06, 08:21 AM
breed
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Anyone know how to take the wood panels off the front dash????? PLEASE HELP
Old 03-08-06, 08:26 AM
bmsport
Lead Lap

Now if only we can figure out how to fix the beat up grey carpet, hehe. Thats the worst part of my car right now.

Quick Reply: got tired of the tan interior.....