SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

92-94 foglight conversion

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-06, 09:22 PM
simonsays
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 92-94 foglight conversion

ok, so i'm gonna plan on doing this to my sc.
i went on intellextual.net and read how to do it, but it makes no sense to me.
it sorta sounds like i have to get wires and hook it up to the battery posts. is that true or am i trippin?
and also, i searched for foglights on here, and i hear that people are puting 97+ foglights on their 92-94 sc's. how is this possible when the shapes of the foglights are different?
thanks in advance.
Old 01-31-06, 09:29 PM
simonsays
Pole Position

someone please help me figure out how to convert the lights into foglights cause i cant see jack crap on the road at night.
Old 01-31-06, 10:36 PM
BLK13X
Mortgage Slave

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

You won't really see much more when they're on as they're not designed to illuminate the front of you, more the sides hence them being turning lights.

The method used on intellexual.net is if you're going to have a relay and switch hooked up, otherwise you can hook them up to your parking light wiring.
Old 02-01-06, 11:10 AM
simonsays
Pole Position

so does that mean that the 95-96 sc's had their foglights reshaped? or just brighter bulbs?
Old 02-01-06, 12:29 PM
mkorsu
Zombie Slayer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by simonsays
so does that mean that the 95-96 sc's had their foglights reshaped? or just brighter bulbs?
Pretty sure they were reshaped and will not fit the 92 bumper.
Old 02-01-06, 12:51 PM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah like the guys said, the method used on Intellexual.net is a bit more complicated if you are not that good with electrical. I tried it one time and ended up causing a dead short on my battery so I had to get a new one. The way Im doing it right now on my 93 is I just have them wired up to a switch that I can use just temporarily until I figure out how to tap them into my headlight wiring with the relay. I know I didnt something wrong the first time. If you are having trouble seeing at night I suggest just getting an HID kit. Our cornering lights are pretty cool but they wont light up the front that much. They only cover the front corners of your car. If you decide to go with the switch I have a diagram if you need it.
Old 02-01-06, 12:58 PM
mkorsu
Zombie Slayer

Originally Posted by JspecSC3
Yeah like the guys said, the method used on Intellexual.net is a bit more complicated if you are not that good with electrical. I tried it one time and ended up causing a dead short on my battery so I had to get a new one. The way Im doing it right now on my 93 is I just have them wired up to a switch that I can use just temporarily until I figure out how to tap them into my headlight wiring with the relay. I know I didnt something wrong the first time. If you are having trouble seeing at night I suggest just getting an HID kit. Our cornering lights are pretty cool but they wont light up the front that much. They only cover the front corners of your car. If you decide to go with the switch I have a diagram if you need it.

Not intentionally jacking here, but Jspec, I'd like a copy of that diagram. I think I'd rather have mine on a switch as opposed to always on with the headlights. Thanks bro!
Old 02-01-06, 01:07 PM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

Sure thing! Its not the best work but its easy enough to understand.
Old 02-01-06, 02:01 PM
mkorsu
Zombie Slayer

Perfect!!! Nice & Simple!
Old 02-01-06, 02:46 PM
VJ RC51
Lexus Champion

you can make those turning lights come on with the parking lights with about 15mins of work with about 5 ft of wire and a couple of those blue wire splicer clips.

I started a trend here in Orlando to put Amber bulbs in them, not white. It looks really good.
Old 02-01-06, 04:34 PM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by VJ RC51
you can make those turning lights come on with the parking lights with about 15mins of work with about 5 ft of wire and a couple of those blue wire splicer clips.

I started a trend here in Orlando to put Amber bulbs in them, not white. It looks really good.
Any pictures?
Old 02-01-06, 04:41 PM
VJ RC51
Lexus Champion

no pics, im cheap and didnt buy batterys for my digi cam.

The cost $1.98 at the auto parts store, go try it
Old 02-01-06, 04:42 PM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Hmm...last weekend I got tired of rolling around with my fogs not being lit so I went over to PerryInLA's house and we wired them up. Took like 4 hours but it came out nicely. We used the intellexual.net instructions as well but had to make some changes because those instructions are for turning your 92-94 cornering lights into fogs, I installed a 97 front bumper onto my car and basically had to create a foglight wiring harness. I bought all that stuff from Autozone/Radio Shack (a 5 pin 30a relay, 40 ft of wire, connectors, t-taps, electrical tape, ring terminals, zip ties, etc) and it came out to be around $35 for all the materials, not $10-$15 like Intellexual.net says...that's inflation at work baby!

I also went to www.hella.com (thanks for the suggestion CleanSC!) and got a wiring diagram from them to kinda give me a visual aid for this mod.

For me, creating a separate wiring harness was best and I tapped into my driver's side parking light as the trigger.
Old 02-01-06, 04:46 PM
VJ RC51
Lexus Champion

Wow thats a hella lotta work for something that can be done just the same for $5 and 15-30mins of work to get exactly same results and durability and reliability.
Old 02-01-06, 08:02 PM
simonsays
Pole Position

hhhhhmmm
J spec, which wire did u get from the wires coming out of lights and attached it to the switch? did u do a clean connection by hooking the wires onto the battery posts?
does it light the road up ok or did u just do it for looks?

Quick Reply: 92-94 foglight conversion