SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

oh the possibilities

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-06, 10:27 AM
ki_soarer
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

oh SNAP yo!!!!!!!! lol. where is my bow down icon when i need it? that was some funny stuff right therr. you do have a point though. im sure one day someone will make a kit for you v8 guys.
Old 02-04-06, 04:06 PM
MongooseGA
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

Great one, Perry!

Scott- ther are parts for the 1UZ, but they're nowhere near as easily attainable as parts for the 2JZ. Also, we don't really have a 'selection'; we pretty much either have a custom one off, a single aftermarket option, or stock. There are plenty of ways to fit a blower on a 1UZ, but it's difficult to do with the factory hood. There seem to be alot more things that kind of get in the way of modding the 1UZ then there are for the 2J.

But what do I know, I only have a 400

But really, I probably don't know much. I haven't done too much research outside of the forums.
Old 02-07-06, 09:25 AM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 359 Likes on 229 Posts

Originally Posted by O. L. T.
An LS1 swap kit
I stand by my statement If this guy can do it, so can YEEWWWWWW.

Old 02-07-06, 11:07 AM
SPORTcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

An LS1 swap kit
Blashpemy! The LS swapped FDs and Beemers are bad enough. Why the heck would you replace a bullet-proof motor that's been know to handle hundreds of horsepower over stock, with a stinking pile of american-made trash?

I pitty the fool...

~Alan

P.S. 2JZ for president!!!
Old 02-07-06, 11:12 AM
mkorsu
Zombie Slayer

Originally Posted by SPORTcoupe
Blashpemy! The LS swapped FDs and Beemers are bad enough. Why the heck would you replace a bullet-proof motor that's been know to handle hundreds of horsepower over stock, with a stinking pile of american-made trash?

I pitty the fool...

~Alan

P.S. 2JZ for president!!!
Easy. The 1UZ hasn't been proven to handle hundreds of HP over stock. And to even get there you need to sell a lung on ebay to finance it.

Additionally, calling the LS1 & LS2 "a stinking pile of american-made trash" shows your ignorance towards motorsports and furthers the reasoning why it is in fact, a viable swap.
Old 02-07-06, 11:29 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by PERRYinLA

The discussion is interrupted by the door bursting open and Lloyd, the intern, barging in

Lloyd: Hold the phone, Boss! I've been surfing the web all morning and bunch of new guys are on ClubLexus' SC forum!
They don't spell too good, but they talk like rappers, so you know they got money to burn!

Sales manager: Great job, Lloyd- cancel that Mustang order! We're gonna sell SC turbo kits! I predict a great future for you Lloyd; how about giving my daughter a call sometime? I'll bet you two kids will get along great!

Fade to black...
That was pretty darn funny bud LOL
Old 02-07-06, 12:19 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 359 Likes on 229 Posts

Originally Posted by mkorsu
Easy. The 1UZ hasn't been proven to handle hundreds of HP over stock. And to even get there you need to sell a lung on ebay to finance it.

Additionally, calling the LS1 & LS2 "a stinking pile of american-made trash" shows your ignorance towards motorsports and furthers the reasoning why it is in fact, a viable swap.
Quoted for truth.
Old 02-08-06, 09:55 AM
SPORTcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

Don't tell me about ignorance until you've experienced a broken crankshaft at 62K miles.
Mechanic gave me only one possible cause: manufacturers defect.

Viable? Yes...and for the sc400, reasonable as well. I keep forgetting about the 400s.

~Alan
Old 02-08-06, 10:23 AM
LexusIV
Pole Position

I stand by my statement If this guy can do it, so can YEEWWWWWW.
Have you guys seen Datsun 240z with the ls1 swap? It's a ton of HP and torque for a car the weighs in a about 2,000lbs.
My friend has one, and that thing can move. Right now it's in the shop getting bodywork and paint, but I'll post a pic when it gets out.

Oh and as for a modification. I'd want either an Ls1 swap kit, or toyota to start selling 1 and 2jz-gte engines and trannys here in the us at a resenable price.
Old 02-08-06, 11:45 AM
mkorsu
Zombie Slayer

Originally Posted by SPORTcoupe
Don't tell me about ignorance until you've experienced a broken crankshaft at 62K miles.
Mechanic gave me only one possible cause: manufacturers defect.

Viable? Yes...and for the sc400, reasonable as well. I keep forgetting about the 400s.

~Alan
Perhaps ignorance was too strong a word. I retract it. But I've experienced quite a bit more with Chevy engines (not necessarily a LS1 though).

I will defiantely say that the Toyota engines are built to a standard that is nearly impossible to better. Their engine tolerances are unparalleled as evidenced by the large number of people here with very high mileage 1UZs that are still going strong.

But to make a blanket statement that the LS1 & LS2 are a stinking pile of American made trash is just plain unfounded. The LS1 and the LS2 (even more so), are examples of how well a relatively inexpensive engine can be built. With the aftermarket support that is out there for these engines, I can built a bulletproof motor, pumping out over 600hp at a fraction of the cost of a custom turbo making the same power.

I do agree that the 1UZ is a better motor (all factors considered) than the LS1, but it's performance potential is still untapped and not really economically feasible. Regardless, the LS1 is a wonderful motor in its own right and does deserve a lot more respect than it gets from the import set.
Old 02-08-06, 12:08 PM
cip
Pole Position

Originally Posted by mkorsu
I do agree that the 1UZ is a better motor (all factors considered) than the LS1, but it's performance potential is still untapped and not really economically feasible. Regardless, the LS1 is a wonderful motor in its own right and does deserve a lot more respect than it gets from the import set.

Amen, brother

I think you also have to consider that since 1955, Chevrolet has produced about 90 million small block V8s (source:www.tomorrowstechnician.com). That's a bone load more time & trial & error oportunities than we have!! Also, since the 1UZ has only been in production on 3 expensive luxury cars (and from '91 - '97 only SC & LS) and tends not to blow up on its own (i.e., non-FI, non-NOS), there are not many examples to fart around with.
Old 02-08-06, 12:26 PM
AME_VIP
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Xotic sC
If Top Secret came out with a carbon fiber rear diffuser, would you actually dish out the $1500+ to buy one?

But yea, if this actually happened (I actually hope not) I'd go for a widebody(just a few inches added to each side) if some high end company makes one.
You can get BN Sports or Runner widebody right now. Expect to pay big money though. They are so nice. Usually what stops people is the price. You can mod the 1UZ like lextreme but it will cost you big bucks.

I want more power for my SC but I don't want to pay big bucks. Its not that I'm really cheap, its that I'm saving to buy real estate and don't have the desire to spend 5-6 times on the car compared to what I paid for it. I'm sure there are other people that feel this way or are saving for a house.