SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

oh the possibilities

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-06, 01:20 PM
ATL-SC
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking oh the possibilities

it has been a reocuing theam on CL to complain about the lack of after market support for our vehicles and then ***** about makeshift ricermods to. but with all of the new guys coming in recently the sc might finaly get more attention. And hopefully that one mod you have been dreaming of.
I know if i could pick a cool product by a specific company it would be either an ings+1 body kit or a top secret carbon fiber rear diffuser.

What is the one bad *** product that you guys are dying to have for the SC comunity and your car.?
Old 02-03-06, 01:23 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 359 Likes on 229 Posts

An LS1 swap kit
Old 02-03-06, 01:31 PM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by O. L. T.
An LS1 swap kit
Ive seen those on RX-7s. They are beasts!
Old 02-03-06, 01:54 PM
mkorsu
Zombie Slayer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by O. L. T.
An LS1 swap kit

mmmmmmmm! More power at half the price!!!
Old 02-03-06, 02:05 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by ATL-SC
I know if i could pick a cool product by a specific company it would be either an ings+1 body kit or a top secret carbon fiber rear diffuser.
If Top Secret came out with a carbon fiber rear diffuser, would you actually dish out the $1500+ to buy one?

But yea, if this actually happened (I actually hope not) I'd go for a widebody(just a few inches added to each side) if some high end company makes one.

Last edited by G Star; 02-03-06 at 02:11 PM.
Old 02-03-06, 04:04 PM
MongooseGA
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

There are tons of parts availiable for the 300s.

What I want are parts for the 1UZ, obviously. Maybe a reasonably priced forced induction kit that can put the V8 on par with the turbo'd 2JZs.

I hate any kind of body kit, so I don't care if those get made. Maybe a way to change the look of the shifter area for the pre-'98 autos without changing the entire transmission.
Old 02-03-06, 11:33 PM
ATL-SC
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by MongooseGA

What I want are parts for the 1UZ, obviously. Maybe a reasonably priced forced induction kit that can put the V8 on par with the turbo'd 2JZs.

I hate any kind of body kit, so I don't care if those get made. Maybe a way to change the look of the shifter area for the pre-'98 autos without changing the entire transmission.
ok so maybe wotm could make a v8 turbo kit for you. this thread isnt about what we hate it is about what we would love to see and what would help out the CL comunity
Old 02-04-06, 12:12 AM
PERRYinLA
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by ATL-SC
...complain about the lack of after market support for our vehicles......but with all of the new guys coming in recently the sc might finaly get more attention
I don't get your logic at all.
They are not making any more of these cars, and these "new guys coming in" have just bought existing used cars.

If anything, the population shrinks weekly, if not daily.
Why would an aftermarket supplier have waited till now to start making performance parts?
Old 02-04-06, 01:23 AM
Nerpie
Rookie

Originally Posted by PERRYinLA
They are not making any more of these cars, and these "new guys coming in" have just bought existing used cars.

Why would an aftermarket supplier have waited till now to start making performance parts?
nicely put.
Old 02-04-06, 02:06 AM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

APC should starting making parts for our cars LOL.

As far as the widebody kit, that would be sweet if they can somehow make as nice as the Supra widebody kits.
Old 02-04-06, 08:13 AM
ki_soarer
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

just to clarify, there are widebody kits out for the SCs, and parts for the 1UZ are not really that hard to find... epecially now. with a little research, you guys can find all the internals you could ever want, headers that can be used in turbo set ups, and even adapter plates for the V160 supra 6speed. but, what do i know, i have a 300.

if i could have anything made, it would be sliders for aftermarket seats, because i love the big bolstered comfy, supporting leather racing seats, but really hate having to fab up some brackets and sliders just because lexus wanted to use a whacky bolt pattern to hold the seats in.
Old 02-04-06, 08:37 AM
ATL-SC
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by PERRYinLA

of course there arent any new cars coming out and it seems that there are alot of new guys coming in ( who buy the used cars because now they are affordable). let me give you an exaple the 240sx it wasnt popular (and by popular i mean in the way it is now) until long after its production run, and look at all the parts they have.
And ki_soarer i do agree with you . things like adapter plated and internals are available, and with a little fabrication and alot of money anything is posible. but it still would be nice to just order a name brand complete turbo kit. and also there are plenty of body kits out there im just saying that an ings+1 kit would be classy and good looking (given their history of making such kits) and that it would be nice to have one.
Old 02-04-06, 08:44 AM
ConSynX
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

rear diffuser would be hot, but not at that cost.

the benefit of having more people here is that a company will MAKE you a part if you have enough buyers...so the more enthusiasts, the better a chance you have to get those buyers
Old 02-04-06, 10:19 AM
PERRYinLA
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Default About as much a chance as this:

Scene: The sales office of a aftermarket-parts supplier in southern California.
Faint sounds of phones ringing and copying machines whirring in the background....

Sales manager: Well, those Mustangs sure are selling at a good clip!
How about we get those guys in tooling ramped up for a Mustang turbo kit?

Salesman: Good idea, Boss! And how about some extra---

The discussion is interrupted by the door bursting open and Lloyd, the intern, barging in

Lloyd: Hold the phone, Boss! I've been surfing the web all morning and bunch of new guys are on ClubLexus' SC forum!
They don't spell too good, but they talk like rappers, so you know they got money to burn!

Sales manager: Great job, Lloyd- cancel that Mustang order! We're gonna sell SC turbo kits! I predict a great future for you Lloyd; how about giving my daughter a call sometime? I'll bet you two kids will get along great!

Fade to black...
Old 02-04-06, 10:25 AM
TRD_Power
Lead Lap

Received 78 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by MongooseGA

I'm with him all the way, we need more preformance for the 400s.

Quick Reply: oh the possibilities