Car Vandalized....Pics inside

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-06, 09:45 PM
Inabj2
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mikeloc24
I take it you do not own a gun?

On that note since at least knife was used... is there a case that his life was in danger if he had own a gun and used it? I would not take chances in something like that.
Old 04-17-06, 09:52 PM
Inabj2
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by lfrers
Hmmm... Not to be off topic but given the can of worms you will open if you shoot someone, even in self defense, I recommend to everyone who carries a firearm to switch to a Tazer instead. I'm in law enforcement and I can tell you that even if I shoot someone on the job I’m in for a world of scrutiny and stress afterwards. Of course I live in Cali so I’m in a different boat than most of you. Weather they live or die is irrelevant; actually you’re probably better off legally if they die after you shoot them. To say nothing of potentially going to jail or at the very least loose your house to the assailant or their family. The Tazer that shoots the darts will practically incapacitate a bull. And barely leave a mark when you pull out the darts. Cost is $500.00 and you can get a permit as a private citizen, I’m pretty sure. Of course if the dude throws a crowbar at you.... well.... what can you do? Duck I guess.

I agree but at such situations Im not concerned about the vehicle but rather be concerned about life being endangered. If someone pulls a knife and attacks .. wouldnt it be unsafe to assume anything else but that the thug is trying to kill the victim here?

as an officer in duty if someone pulls a knife and attacks you, well I guess you now have the means to use non lethal force.
Old 04-17-06, 09:53 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian
Senior Moderator

Received 65 Likes on 50 Posts

I just saw this thread while browsing through. Sorry to hear that this happened. Good luck with repairs and all. Man I had no idea yall get down like that in tennessee.
Old 04-17-06, 10:12 PM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Inabj2
I agree but at such situations Im not concerned about the vehicle but rather be concerned about life being endangered. If someone pulls a knife and attacks .. wouldnt it be unsafe to assume anything else but that the thug is trying to kill the victim here?

as an officer in duty if someone pulls a knife and attacks you, well I guess you now have the means to use non lethal force.
Realistically, if someone attacks you with a knife and you bust out a gun, I think the knife attacker would prudently back down
Old 04-17-06, 11:35 PM
RSTSpeed
Lexus Test Driver

I would much quicker back down from a knife tha a gun. As far as defending myself - I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

Back on topic - Did you decide on a color yet? I still vote OEM RED!!!! :-D
Old 04-17-06, 11:40 PM
Inabj2
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by xknowonex
Realistically, if someone attacks you with a knife and you bust out a gun, I think the knife attacker would prudently back down
Thats what you call mission accomplished!

But then again there could be exceptions like maybe the guy is crazed and all beefed up on pcp.
Old 04-18-06, 09:55 AM
laxdude362
Lexus Test Driver

Yup I am sticking with red.
Old 04-18-06, 11:43 AM
RSTSpeed
Lexus Test Driver

Old 04-18-06, 05:22 PM
Afrokid
Driver

just tell somes names and i can get some of my peoples to return the favor >_>
Old 04-18-06, 10:25 PM
TMaxxTim
Instructor

Originally Posted by laxdude362
Yup I am sticking with red.
Black on black is nice, but I love the red you have on your car. It stands out and really not alot of other SC's have it. let me know when you get it fixed. I'm coming home this weekend to fix my headgasket.
Old 04-18-06, 10:54 PM
laxdude362
Lexus Test Driver

Yeah man I will let you know. I am having it towed to the shop on Friday. My friend Shane (616rwhp sc300) is refreshing engine (replacing everything that needs to be changed timing belt, water pump, valve stem seals etc.), port and polished, new clutch, turbo kit, all the body panels,glass fixed, suspension fixed, and the car is getting repainted red. I already have my bronze TT rims on and I will be getting them repainted as well with my lexus centercaps the same color. If you want any work done your car he is the guy to do it. At min. it will take about 3 weeks ideally, max. it will take around 6 weeks. I can't wait!! PM your number man I don't have it anymore.
Old 04-18-06, 11:15 PM
TMaxxTim
Instructor

Wow that sounds awesome. I'll probably be buying an early 90's LS at the start of the summer, and hopefully finding an SC I can actually enjoy instead of working on all the time. I guess we're both in the same situation. LMK how it turns out!!!!

(i need a new clutch too!!, how much would it be for him to install one?)
Old 04-18-06, 11:36 PM
Ichigo
Pole Position

just happened by this thread. Sorry to hear bout your car there totally sucks. TN sure is a crazy place, I remember being there for work and I went to a KFC that had a sign posted that said "please leave your hand guns outside"...

On that note, I understand that you are rightfully upset about the damage to your car, but I dont agree with some of the posts encouraging or endorsing the carrying of weapons, especially lethal ones.

For those of you who "wish" or "want" to carry a gun, do you honestly plan to shoot to kill if someone smashes your window? (If this is a threadjack, I apologize in advance)
Old 06-02-06, 01:51 PM
rcracer_tx
Driver

Originally Posted by Ichigo

I understand that you are rightfully upset about the damage to your car, but I dont agree with some of the posts encouraging or endorsing the carrying of weapons, especially lethal ones.

For those of you who "wish" or "want" to carry a gun, do you honestly plan to shoot to kill if someone smashes your window?
1. I DONT THINK THEY WERE JUST TRYING TO BEAT UP THE CAR

2. IF YOU WERE ATTACKED LIKE THIS, WOULDN'T YOU WANT A GUN

IMO, you should have ran their stupid asses over with your car.
Old 06-02-06, 02:56 PM
Lexatron
Rookie

When using force against an aggressor there are 3 things to consider:

* Who was the aggressor?

* Was the defendant's belief that self-defense was necessary a reasonable one?

* If so, was the force used by the defendant also reasonable?

I don't know about you, but if a bunch of guys were attacking me inside my car and one is stabbing the car with a knife I would think twice about shooting them, because another thing to consider is whether or not you could get away. If you could escape by driving away, shooting a man and killing him is going to get you in big trouble.

Quick Reply: Car Vandalized....Pics inside