SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Another "cleansing the forum" thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-06, 05:11 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 359 Likes on 229 Posts
Default Another "cleansing the forum" thread

Guy's we've had a couple of these and things do improve each time we do. I just want to remind SC owners we are a family site and one of the things we have been getting a lot of is posts with the curse editor going off like mad.

We really want everyone to feel like the site is "for them" each and individually by creating a comfortable atmosphere for everyone. This includes, but is not limited to families browsing, kids, and WOMEN.

Excessively vulgar posts, curse editor violations, going AROUND the curse editor, and LEG HUMPING are all things we want to move OUT of our forum and where it goes I personally don't care as long as it is not here.

It's not going to be squeaky clean, it's not going to be a pain, it's just a very few basic things that needs attention due to problems in the past with complaints from professional business parents browsing with their kids at their side and complaints from women trying to be enthusiastic about cars without having to post measurements.

Let's all make this a friendly environment for everyone, jokes or no jokes, and respect each others positions while browsing.

One of the things you will notice is administration/moderation implementing a new temp ban rule. You'll get a warning in most all cases about a violation provided it is not an outrageously severe violation. Second strike - you go in the hole for 24 hours to 7 days, depending on the violation. If you receive a violation and wish to discuss it, take it to PM!

Hopefully we won't have to do that much. We have a great group of people here, better than any other forum on the net. Just a few cleanups on isle 3 and we'll be straight. We want to make this forum the best for everyone that comes to it.

Thanks guy's.
Old 02-13-06, 05:29 PM
SinisterSC
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Leg Humping?? Am I missing something?
Old 02-13-06, 05:31 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am always trying to be nice here!!
Old 02-13-06, 06:02 PM
AME_VIP
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the leg humping is referring to when a female comes on the board and the dogs come out asking for pics. Happens on every car forum that is dominated by men.
Old 02-13-06, 06:08 PM
SupraCoup3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by SinisterSC
Leg Humping?? Am I missing something?
I think OLT is talking about how everytime someone creates a thread that says "hey new girl with an SC!" it automatically explodes to 4 pages in 12 hours.

...while Chris T's thread of a full-race equal length T6 header gets 6 replies in two weeks.

If I read it correctly, trying to discourage the immature "you're a girl who likes cars so I'm gonna kiss up" shin-dig we've got going on. Are we all seriously still 17 year old highschoolers?

I think another part of that is when a group of guys (who don't post pictures of themselves) request pics of a girl who just joined the forum... I've been around here for 4+ years and you'll have to dig hard to find a single picture of me. I think we're all like that, so why the double standard for ladies?

personally, I don't even look at those "new girl in town threads" I know how they end on SF, and I know how they end here.

We drive classy cars, so I second the motion that we start acting with some class.

Brian

John
Old 02-13-06, 06:15 PM
onebadshot
Pole Position

Not gona lie iv been in violation of the "leg humping" (sorry H22 and O.L.T for making you go to the effort of displining me) This fourm is great and I have learned an insane amount from this board. 3 cheers for O.L.T. for keeping things squared away and this a great board to learn and browse. Thanks to all the other member to that have helped a newbie in the SC world.
Old 02-13-06, 08:17 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Old 02-13-06, 08:28 PM
Cannonbear
Lexus Test Driver

CL in general is one of the best moderated forums around along with S2ki.
Old 02-13-06, 10:01 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by onebadshot
Not gona lie iv been in violation of the "leg humping" (sorry H22 and O.L.T for making you go to the effort of displining me) This fourm is great and I have learned an insane amount from this board. 3 cheers for O.L.T. for keeping things squared away and this a great board to learn and browse. Thanks to all the other member to that have helped a newbie in the SC world.
^ what about leg humping of the same sex?
Old 02-14-06, 12:52 PM
SPORTcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Xotic sC
^ what about leg humping of the same sex?
Highly frowned upon...and should be strictly prohibited...then completely outlawed.

~Alan
Old 02-14-06, 01:34 PM
King7Two
Lexus Champion

are the SC forums the "Problem Child" of CL?

LOL....it kinda seems that way sometimes
Old 02-14-06, 01:48 PM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The "leg humpers" are the same guys who are mutes when it comes to getting at women in the real world. Here's a word for them...GAMELESS!
Old 02-14-06, 01:49 PM
mkorsu
Zombie Slayer

Originally Posted by King7Two
are the SC forums the "Problem Child" of CL?

LOL....it kinda seems that way sometimes
Yeah. We're the bad stepchild that you keep locked in the attic.
Old 02-14-06, 04:03 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Originally Posted by mkorsu
Yeah. We're the bad stepchild that you keep locked in the attic.
red headed too!
Old 02-14-06, 08:00 PM
sdastg1
Driver

sounds good guys.

the only thing I would note is that when the girl comes on the boards and starts a thread titled "I'm a girl and ......" she's begging for attention and those guys who posted in her thread gave it to her.

Quick Reply: Another "cleansing the forum" thread