SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Digital Cluster sc400

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-06, 01:30 PM
ScCrazy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Digital Cluster sc400

Hello, i just bought a digital cluster for my 92 sc400, which came out from JDM soarer. I need to find behind cluster wiring harness from soarer. Can anyone help?
Old 02-20-06, 01:40 PM
21ce
Intermediate

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts
see what you can find with the search tool... not exactly sure what to search for but try "soarer cluster" .... a lot of people have been un-successful at this attempt,many complications, but hey you may be the first g'luck and i hope it works out.... post pics if it does i would love to see it...
Old 02-20-06, 02:14 PM
p.hase
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Does anybody know how to switch the odometer from miles to kilometer? the letters are there - you can see it clearly when sun shines on the dash. please help! george/germany
Old 02-20-06, 03:11 PM
ScCrazy
Driver School Candidate

Default Thankssss

I tried searching for it on Ebay, but no luck, i found some guy in Australia tryna see if he can help me out with it, will definitley post the pics, thanks again
Old 02-20-06, 03:25 PM
mkorsu
Zombie Slayer

Originally Posted by ScCrazy
I tried searching for it on Ebay, but no luck, i found some guy in Australia tryna see if he can help me out with it, will definitley post the pics, thanks again
I believe 21ce meant to search here on CL. Your digital cluster will only work with a JDM harness and ECU.
Old 02-20-06, 03:34 PM
21ce
Intermediate

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by mkorsu
I believe 21ce meant to search here on CL. Your digital cluster will only work with a JDM harness and ECU.

thanks mkorsu , sorry i didn't make that clear.. g'luck man!
Old 02-20-06, 03:46 PM
mkorsu
Zombie Slayer

Originally Posted by 21ce
thanks mkorsu , sorry i didn't make that clear.. g'luck man!

NP mang!
Old 02-20-06, 04:59 PM
ScCrazy
Driver School Candidate

How do i search on here? sorry i'm new to this, thanks again
Old 02-20-06, 04:59 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 359 Likes on 229 Posts

I pray someone does this so they will find out what the aussies already know - how horrible the digital cluster is - and everyone will shaddup about it
Old 02-20-06, 10:38 PM
BLK13X
Mortgage Slave

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

ScCrazy,
There's a search function on the top of the forum pages

The digital dash isn't so dazzling after sitting behind one for 5 years I personally prefer the look of the analouge dash (with different coloured needles etc of course).
Old 02-23-06, 08:53 PM
drnkcarlos
Driver

oh the joys of the digital gauge cluster... just make sure when you get it working to always make sure you have a somewhat full tank of gas... sucks when the display starts blinking and ...poof no more gas gauge or temp gauge or speedo or tach.... its not permanent only temporary as it may starft working again soon or maybe in a few hours or days... ahh the joys of the digital gauge cluster... what I'd do for an "always" working analog gauge cluster... then when the lower display is working it will tell you your out of fuel since the big display stopped displaying... but thats only when that bottom display is working and not blinking or dead... fun fun fun

also make sure you get a seperate tachometer so you can at least have an idea how fast your going when it goes out...
least now I can drive the car and know about how fast I'm going (3rd gear 1800rpm is about 40kph...)
Old 02-23-06, 09:35 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 359 Likes on 229 Posts

Originally Posted by drnkcarlos
oh the joys of the digital gauge cluster... just make sure when you get it working to always make sure you have a somewhat full tank of gas... sucks when the display starts blinking and ...poof no more gas gauge or temp gauge or speedo or tach.... its not permanent only temporary as it may starft working again soon or maybe in a few hours or days... ahh the joys of the digital gauge cluster... what I'd do for an "always" working analog gauge cluster... then when the lower display is working it will tell you your out of fuel since the big display stopped displaying... but thats only when that bottom display is working and not blinking or dead... fun fun fun

also make sure you get a seperate tachometer so you can at least have an idea how fast your going when it goes out...
least now I can drive the car and know about how fast I'm going (3rd gear 1800rpm is about 40kph...)
Meh, you can't tell them, I've tried for years.

I pray someone does this so they will find out what the aussies already know - how horrible the digital cluster is
Old 02-24-06, 06:18 AM
mkorsu
Zombie Slayer

Originally Posted by drnkcarlos

Greatest anti-digital guage cluster comment to date!!! PERIOD!!!
Old 02-24-06, 09:59 AM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Don't crush dreams guys, there are some people who really believe JDM everything is the best.
Old 02-26-06, 09:07 PM
drnkcarlos
Driver

please for the love of GOD.... no rear windshield wipers... don't do it!!!! I just want a back window with no wiper!!!!

I wonder if the canadian analog dash cluster (they are in Kph and mph right?) would work in a JDM harness or would that be the same issue needing a US harness etc?

Quick Reply: Digital Cluster sc400