SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)
View Poll Results: Have your Headlights ever Leaked or condensed on the inside?
Yes, and its annoying replacing or trying to fix them.
72.29%
No, i guess im one of the lucky ones
27.71%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Poll on Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-06, 12:20 PM
Tymboo
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ok everone heres a easy way to keep that water out of your headlights

Ok everone heres a cheap way to keep that water out of your headlights. Your going to need a face towel, and a plastic bag... Pop the hood place the plastic bag on top of the headlight, making sure to cover the hole top area of the light. Stuff some of the bag in the water channel on the side of the light. You want to stop the water channel from funneling the water to the headlight. Place the towel on top of the plastic, and close the hood. This will hold it in place. After closing the hood you should still see the edges of the towel, and plastic bag. After your wash remove them both. You will notice a lot of water build-up in the towel, and trapped by the plastic bag. There you have it !!!! No water reached the headlight so no condensation....Hope this works as well for you all as it has 4 me.

Tymboo

P.S. I used this trick at the car wash, but should work at home also.....
Old 03-07-06, 12:50 PM
SWSC400
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tymboo
Ok everone heres a cheap way to keep that water out of your headlights. Your going to need a face towel, and a plastic bag... Pop the hood place the plastic bag on top of the headlight, making sure to cover the hole top area of the light. Stuff some of the bag in the water channel on the side of the light. You want to stop the water channel from funneling the water to the headlight. Place the towel on top of the plastic, and close the hood. This will hold it in place. After closing the hood you should still see the edges of the towel, and plastic bag. After your wash remove them both. You will notice a lot of water build-up in the towel, and trapped by the plastic bag. There you have it !!!! No water reached the headlight so no condensation....Hope this works as well for you all as it has 4 me.

Tymboo

I'm sure that works well, but have you tried sealing at least the top edge of the light where the lens meets the housing with silicone? I think you will find this helpful.......and Welcome to CL
Old 03-07-06, 10:10 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 359 Likes on 229 Posts

[QUOTE=SWSC400]
Originally Posted by O. L. T.
I used to try and save the world, now I just don't care.

Thank you for your non-concern...let the results speak for themselves.
Next time you are feeling big and want to address me, use the PM like the forum rules state. Showing out only has one outcome.
Old 03-07-06, 10:13 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Originally Posted by Tymboo

Tymboo

I remember this being posted once before. Someone else was going about this method.
Old 03-07-06, 10:25 PM
Jewcano
No Sir, I Don't Like It

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

But wouldnt this deviate from the initial problem? For example are you going to do this when it rains, or rains really hard??
Old 03-07-06, 10:37 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Originally Posted by Jewtheist
But wouldnt this deviate from the initial problem?
doesn't drilling your headlights deviate from the initial problem? "I have a leak, so I am going to make more holes" ?
Old 03-07-06, 10:53 PM
Jewcano
No Sir, I Don't Like It

Check, but not mate, true it does deviate, but after so many attempts to plug the damn thing up completely to restrict air flow, i just about gave up on keeping it sealed, so like some others said i opened it up so no condensation forms, and if it does, it will dry quicker because of more holes ....i think....
Old 03-07-06, 11:02 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Originally Posted by Jewtheist
Check, but not mate, true it does deviate, but after so many attempts to plug the damn thing up completely to restrict air flow, i just about gave up on keeping it sealed, so like some others said i opened it up so no condensation forms, and if it does, it will dry quicker because of more holes ....i think....
Not saying anything against it, just thought it was a funny statement all things considered
Old 03-07-06, 11:09 PM
Jewcano
No Sir, I Don't Like It

Glad we both agree, i drift in and out of my own arguments, know where that quote is from.... ? hehe
Old 03-08-06, 12:51 AM
drnkcarlos
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

funny i never noticed the drivers side being cloudy too much... then it hit me when you said battery... thats the passenger side... oh silly me.

How long do new lights last before they start doing the same thing?
Old 03-08-06, 07:25 PM
SWSC400
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=O. L. T.]
Originally Posted by SWSC400
Next time you are feeling big and want to address me, use the PM like the forum rules state. Showing out only has one outcome.
Well here is your quote from the last line of the PM that I DID send you BEFORE you made this statement:

PM responses will be deleted.

So, this is very confusing this tells me this would be the only way to post a reply to you.