SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Anybody know of any headlight upgrades for sc's? halo?? ANYTHING DIFFERENT?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-07 | 04:17 PM
poser714
Pole Position

i havent seen the lights in person yet so correct me if im wrong. But it looks to me that the three LED's is where the halo gets its light from. or does the halo's have its own seperate LED?
Old 08-04-07 | 04:30 PM
shaitaan
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by poser714
i havent seen the lights in person yet so correct me if im wrong. But it looks to me that the three LED's is where the halo gets its light from. or does the halo's have its own seperate LED?

the halo does not have a light source - it barely glows when the other 3 are on, because it's just reflecting that light.

so, the pics in the ad are a bit misleading.
Old 08-04-07 | 06:50 PM
twizted
Instructor

Originally Posted by shaitaan
the halo does not have a light source - it barely glows when the other 3 are on, because it's just reflecting that light.

so, the pics in the ad are a bit misleading.
Ill add some leds to the ring. Maybe red, ill post some pics after. Ill be the geunie
Old 08-04-07 | 07:35 PM
shaitaan
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by twizted
Ill add some leds to the ring. Maybe red, ill post some pics after. Ill be the geunie

wanna teach me how to add 'em to my black ones?
Old 08-04-07 | 08:28 PM
twizted
Instructor

wanna teach me how to add 'em to my black ones?
Yep after you get me my chrome ones so i can figure it out lol. Pull them babies out of there...
Old 08-05-07 | 11:10 AM
sc30015
Driver

I want to see what those black ones look like. thanks for being the guinea pig shaitaan!
Old 08-05-07 | 01:39 PM
FormosaSC
Lexus Champion

twizted, i dont think my questions has been answered before, im asking if it is the same way to retrofit tsx projectores but at the same time keep the halos?

oh well, if its a stupid question, ill just wait until i go back to taiwan which is this week and see and ask them myself, i bet it's alot cheaper there too...
Old 08-05-07 | 03:17 PM
pnyboy27
Lexus Champion

black ones came yesterday - will put them in soon
so u got the black ones too? decided not to mess with the chrome ones? cant wait to see the results! esp since i got a black sc too..so is it also hard to adjust the lights?
Old 08-05-07 | 04:47 PM
shaitaan
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by pnyboy27
so u got the black ones too? decided not to mess with the chrome ones? cant wait to see the results! esp since i got a black sc too..so is it also hard to adjust the lights?

i got the black ones too, yeah. The chrome ones are still in the car, but will be taken out and sent to Twizted later on this week, hopefully.

Adjustment is non existant as is. What I did was aim the headlights against the wall, and use any L shaped brackets you can find at the hardware store to keep them that way

However, I'm thinking of getting a bit more creative w/ the black ones. Step 1 is figuring out how to improve the lighting around the halo. I'm also talking to various companies to see if I should maybe swap the entire projector out for one from an s2k or tsx.

I should have this figured out within a day or so.
Old 08-05-07 | 05:01 PM
fwynn
Lexus Test Driver

go with a S2k.. ;] u wont go wrong with it..

hmm they sell this halo set for bimmers.. and its SUPER STRONG.. something like this http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FX35-...spagenameZWDVW
retrofit it ;] and BAM set!
but u just gotta find the RIGHT one.. that will fit perfectly ;]
Old 08-05-07 | 05:07 PM
shaitaan
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by fwynn
go with a S2k.. ;] u wont go wrong with it..

hmm they sell this halo set for bimmers.. and its SUPER STRONG.. something like this http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FX35-...spagenameZWDVW
retrofit it ;] and BAM set!
but u just gotta find the RIGHT one.. that will fit perfectly ;]

well, there's already a CCFL halo around the projector, so why mess with it now
Old 08-05-07 | 05:57 PM
fwynn
Lexus Test Driver

hmm
the one that i showed u are lighted by florescent light ;] not LED so its a lot more brighter ;] wink wink haha
Old 08-05-07 | 11:57 PM
pnyboy27
Lexus Champion

i got the black ones too, yeah. The chrome ones are still in the car, but will be taken out and sent to Twizted later on this week, hopefully.

Adjustment is non existant as is. What I did was aim the headlights against the wall, and use any L shaped brackets you can find at the hardware store to keep them that way

However, I'm thinking of getting a bit more creative w/ the black ones. Step 1 is figuring out how to improve the lighting around the halo. I'm also talking to various companies to see if I should maybe swap the entire projector out for one from an s2k or tsx.

I should have this figured out within a day or so.
when u do..do show us how u aimed it and how well it turned out..and if u could install them once u get them and take pix so we can see how well it looks on the car before u mess with them
Old 08-06-07 | 07:54 AM
shaitaan
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by pnyboy27
when u do..do show us how u aimed it and how well it turned out..and if u could install them once u get them and take pix so we can see how well it looks on the car before u mess with them
Sure..

I wonder if I can take whatever hardware is used to aim the projectors off of my stock headlights and use that
Old 08-06-07 | 02:28 PM
pnyboy27
Lexus Champion

Sure..

I wonder if I can take whatever hardware is used to aim the projectors off of my stock headlights and use that
that would be very cool if u can do that

Quick Reply: Anybody know of any headlight upgrades for sc's? halo?? ANYTHING DIFFERENT?