SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Anybody know of any headlight upgrades for sc's? halo?? ANYTHING DIFFERENT?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-06, 11:04 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by griffinrun
JUST WONDERING WHAT HEADLIGHT UPGRADES THERE ARE...JUST SOMETHING NEW AND DIFFERENT...NOT JUST" POLISH THE LINES OUT OF IT" OR "FIX THE LEAKS"..........ANYBODY?
Hey call up APC and see if you can do any headlight conversions.

cut it out man.
Old 03-04-06, 10:03 AM
griffinrun
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default thanks

thanks to the guys who were helpful on this......not that i wanted halos.....just giving an example.....it got your attention right?
Just looking for something new and wondered if anyone had seen something cool lately..... If you want to bash then don't bash rice....that's who made your friggin car.....bash ghetto........that's what i don't like....

My car, just so you know is sleeper....with sc430 rims and (soon to be supra springs) no wings, no fiber, no colored lights (by the way the blacked out ones were my favorite----along with the silverstar upgrade response) just me and my twin turbo.....

It's your car, roll the way you want to.....cars can be an extension of yourself......have fun with it and if you don't like it, don't use it................simple really.

now if the bashers will excuse me, I have a car to upgrade....
Old 03-04-06, 12:02 PM
Strida
Rookie

Originally Posted by Cannonbear
black housings are rice???

i like the way the black housings look, can we do the high beams too or is it harder to take apart? it looks kinda funny still chrome.
Found this in the gallery.
Old 03-04-06, 12:12 PM
Cannonbear
Lexus Test Driver

nicely done, though i wonder if the yellow on the headlights is there on purpose or is it just a pic tint thing.
Old 03-04-06, 02:50 PM
siphan430
Rookie

Here's mine, putting HID in a couple of days...

Old 03-04-06, 03:21 PM
Cannonbear
Lexus Test Driver

wow that looks pretty good
Old 03-05-06, 07:45 PM
deruvian
Driver

Originally Posted by john_sc400
I installed new Silverstar 9005s, which are the 65watt high beams in both the low and high beam sockets. It's a subtle improvement, but worth it as a relatively low priced fix. All four bulbs cost a total of $75 at Autozone. The old low beam bulbs are 55w and they do deteriorate over time so the 10w difference, plus a higher color temperature make for a brighter beam. Since the power requirements are similar, you won't have any wiring or fuse problems.

(snip)
While the Silverstars look really nice, especially when the 9005s are in the low beam projector housing, I would advise against buying the Silverstars for this purpose. IIRC, the average lifespan of the 9006 is about 1700 hours, while the lifespan of the 9005 is about 700. You'll be spending $40 on bulbs every month or two, which after one year easily comes close to an HID kit.

For now, I run either 9005 Cool Blue bulbs or whatever the cheapest eBay "Xenon r0x0rz!!!" brand is. Only costs about $10 for the pair, looks way better than stock (and a little more blue than the Silverstars), and allows me to get some funds together for a quality HID kit.
Old 07-05-07, 11:53 AM
nelawar
Driver School Candidate

Where did you guys get the halos that you posted pics of cause im looking to buy some, especially the ones with the matching high beams.
Old 07-05-07, 02:53 PM
miraluna
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Google "HIR headlights"... Buy them on Ebay for around 30 each... I got mine (high beam) installed as low beam and it is bright as hell...
Old 07-18-07, 09:34 AM
nelawar
Driver School Candidate

i have a 96sc300 black on black, i just need to know how you did the black housing, any suggestions? i got black tailights but i need the front to match
Old 07-18-07, 11:50 AM
raceonusa
Former Vendor

Here's one they sell in Japan..

Old 07-18-07, 11:55 AM
Gunnar
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

What the hell, that looks all sorts of crazy.

I like the black housing headlights, but only if the highs could be modified to be black as well. Otherwise at a quick glance the car looks like it only has two tiny little round headlights.
Old 07-18-07, 12:19 PM
Baoser
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

those are disgusting...
Old 07-18-07, 12:50 PM
nelawar
Driver School Candidate

alright, i dont even care anymore, i just need some badass headlights that i can put on my sc300, can anyone give me a web site i can just go to and buy them, those japanese ones are kind of cool but they do look crazy, thanks
Old 07-18-07, 01:06 PM
nelawar
Driver School Candidate

let me explain my self better so you guys can give me a better advice, my car is black, the tint is black, my tailights are black and i just put a system in it, i just want some headlights and i want either some black rims with the chrome lip, or just keep the allow ones stock or paint them...but i need headlights, the rims will be one of the last thing i do, before i go interior and engine

Quick Reply: Anybody know of any headlight upgrades for sc's? halo?? ANYTHING DIFFERENT?