SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Who can I beat?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-06, 04:13 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 356 Likes on 229 Posts

Originally Posted by neuro4you@
Personally, I would have taken the vette!

Vette's Rock.
period!!

I race an SC400 with a Vette nearly every night coming back from dinner out on the town with the lady. I've gotten to where I wait until the SC is in second before I leave the light It's more fun if I get to see it before I pass it

At 35 MPH my Vette will pull to 70 in under 2 seconds. The SC literally never get's a chance to downshift. I'm taking my video camera in the next few days when I go to meet her and eat after she get's off work.
Old 03-05-06, 04:17 PM
Baby ///M3
Lexus Champion

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

Have you......

Checked with Lingenfelter late?

Originally Posted by O. L. T.

I race an SC400 with a Vette nearly every night coming back from dinner out on the town with the lady. I've gotten to where I wait until the SC is in second before I leave the light It's more fun if I get to see it before I pass it

At 35 MPH my Vette will pull to 70 in under 2 seconds. The SC literally never get's a chance to downshift. I'm taking my video camera in the next few days when I go to meet her and eat after she get's off work.
Old 03-05-06, 04:21 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 356 Likes on 229 Posts

Originally Posted by Baby ///M3
Have you......

Checked with Lingenfelter late?

The entire reason why I bought the Vette is because modded cars

(a) Cost too much to build after the initial investment of the car.

(b) are less dependable than stock cars.

I wanted something bone stock that would be dependable and still tear ****. I've modded cars for 15 yrs and nothing has been as dependable after truly big HP mods. Aside of freeing up some restriction in the Vette, no major (FI) mods will be done. HP doesn't mean much to me anyway truthfully. I like that 5.7L 350 ft lb of tq
Old 03-05-06, 04:36 PM
neurocity
Neu`roc´i`ty

Received 74 Likes on 38 Posts

I wanted something bone stock that would be dependable and still tear ****. I've modded cars for 15 yrs and nothing has been as dependable after truly big HP mods. Aside of freeing up some restriction in the Vette, no major (FI) mods will be done. HP doesn't mean much to me anyway truthfully. I like that 5.7L 350 ft lb of tq
I had a 92' Z28 with the 350TPI.... I miss the downshift those engines had.
But it wasn't enough, I got the blower for it, then things started breaking.

But what a ride!!!!
Old 03-05-06, 05:39 PM
akdmks
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey yeaidid...

i have a 92 sc400 and it runs like crap. it is in bad need of a tuneup and the suspension is torn up but it still runs like a beast. i mostly use the car as a daily driver/cruiser but my friends and i race now and then for fun. so far i have raced and won against an 05 accord sedan v6 and a 88 camaro 5spd with a 305 in it. the accord was no competition but the camaro gave me a run for my money. i beat the accord off the line and he never got close to me, even on the freeway. with the camaro it was a different story. off the line, of course, the camaro took off, but he never got even a whole car length ahead of me. we started off the line at least 3 or 4 times. i was on his bumper the entire time. i did beat him once off the line, but only cuz he was burnin out in place, but he never caught up to me. he stayed a whole car lengths+ behind me. on the freeway, we were nearly even but i passed him before 100mph i believe (hard to tell cuz my speedo is in kmph and i couldnt look at the small mph while goin that fast). so you can still have fun with your car even if it is "old and slow". so what if a modded civic can beat you, cuz in the end youre in a luxury car and theyre still in a honda.

most street races arent even real legit races so dont worry bout embarassin tha lexus name. juss have fun wit it and dont do nothin stupid. lol

alex
Old 03-05-06, 06:24 PM
TRD_Power
Lead Lap

Received 78 Likes on 66 Posts

I have taken out 2 G35 coupes, a 94-95 GT mustang 5-speed from 0-100ish, and a WRX on the freeway, only durring the night though.
Old 03-05-06, 06:27 PM
MongooseGA
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by TRD_Power
I have taken out 2 G35 coupes, a 94-95 GT mustang 5-speed from 0-100ish, and a WRX on the freeway, only durring the night though.
What mods do you have? It's the G35c that I'd be worried about.

Were they auto or 6-speed? Did they know they were racing?
Old 03-05-06, 06:32 PM
neurocity
Neu`roc´i`ty

What mods do you have? It's the G35c that I'd be worried about.
Yea, a G35 should have smoked ya.

Mustang I can imagine, I can keep up with those.....unless its got the little snake.
Old 03-05-06, 06:46 PM
Jewcano
No Sir, I Don't Like It

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by MongooseGA
No it's not.
Im sorry but i read about a 99 Cabriolet Porsche that did 0-60 in 5.9 secs
and you saying that 6.9 isnt that good, comparatively, i think that thats a pretty decent time, especially since one car is a performance and the other is a sport coupe.
Old 03-05-06, 06:51 PM
MongooseGA
Racer

Originally Posted by Jewtheist
Im sorry but i read about a 99 Cabriolet Porsche that did 0-60 in 5.9 secs
and you saying that 6.9 isnt that good, comparatively, i think that thats a pretty decent time, especially since one car is a performance and the other is a sport coupe.
w00t! You read about a Prosche cabriolet, which would be heavier and slower than the coupe. Whether it did 0-60 in 5.9, 2.1 seconds, or 18.5 seconds, it doesn't matter.

Find me a stock SC400 that'll go 0-60 in under 7 seconds. The point is, be humble. The SC was fast back in '92 when it came out. Now, a fricken stock RAV4 will eat you. Be humble, the car isn't that great.
Old 03-05-06, 07:28 PM
Jewcano
No Sir, I Don't Like It

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

No Hating, i love that car, and its more than quick enough for me.
Old 03-05-06, 07:34 PM
neurocity
Neu`roc´i`ty

Wait Wait Wait!!!!

Your telling me I could have gotten a RAV4....WTF!!!

I'm soooo trading in my car!

The day a RAV4 with some granola eating tree hugger eats my SC, is the day I trade it in on a Honda Element!!! (its better than a Pontiac Aztec)
Old 03-05-06, 07:42 PM
yeaidid
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by akdmks
hey yeaidid...

i have a 92 sc400 and it runs like crap. it is in bad need of a tuneup and the suspension is torn up but it still runs like a beast. i mostly use the car as a daily driver/cruiser but my friends and i race now and then for fun. so far i have raced and won against an 05 accord sedan v6 and a 88 camaro 5spd with a 305 in it. the accord was no competition but the camaro gave me a run for my money. i beat the accord off the line and he never got close to me, even on the freeway. with the camaro it was a different story. off the line, of course, the camaro took off, but he never got even a whole car length ahead of me. we started off the line at least 3 or 4 times. i was on his bumper the entire time. i did beat him once off the line, but only cuz he was burnin out in place, but he never caught up to me. he stayed a whole car lengths+ behind me. on the freeway, we were nearly even but i passed him before 100mph i believe (hard to tell cuz my speedo is in kmph and i couldnt look at the small mph while goin that fast). so you can still have fun with your car even if it is "old and slow". so what if a modded civic can beat you, cuz in the end youre in a luxury car and theyre still in a honda.

most street races arent even real legit races so dont worry bout embarassin tha lexus name. juss have fun wit it and dont do nothin stupid. lol

alex
Wow akdmks, I'm surprised about the '05 Honda, thats impressive (i own an Accord). I actually got a chance to open it up today to and from work, and I'm sold. I agree with the off the line feedback, because its just not there, but on the open road watch out!
Old 03-05-06, 07:42 PM
MongooseGA
Racer

Originally Posted by neuro4you@
Wait Wait Wait!!!!

Your telling me I could have gotten a RAV4....WTF!!!

I'm soooo trading in my car!

The day a RAV4 with some granola eating tree hugger eats my SC, is the day I trade it in on a Honda Element!!! (its better than a Pontiac Aztec)
Don't get into Car Chat much, do you?

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...highlight=rav4

The new Rav4 is being tested to run 0-60 in 6.3 seconds, an the 1320 in 14.9 seconds.

Yes, faster than the SC4. So, what color Element will you be buying?
Old 03-05-06, 07:48 PM
neurocity
Neu`roc´i`ty

Damn you!!!!
Ummm, I'll be getting the plastic green element!!!

Man, I though my woman's 04'MDX was fast.

I stand corrected

Quick Reply: Who can I beat?