Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

i agree with both of you.
Old 03-07-06, 11:23 AM
Inabj2
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by neuro4you@
I'll take that bet!!!

What are we talking "auto" to "auto" or Auto SC to 5spd 240sohc. it doesn't matter

I've had both single and dual cam 240's....There is no-way a stock sohc 240sx will pull from me. Sure you may get me by 1/16th of a car length off the line. But after around 50-60 I'm going by you drinking coffee, talking on the phone!
Stock 240sxSE 5spd DOHC.....125-130 mph tops!!! on a perfect, cool, low humidity day with a tiny "chick" driving and a lot of road.....like Bonneville salt flats lot-a-road

I had to drop in a modded SR20 Red top to get it to move. And even then, a redneck mullet head in a SS Camaro or Cobra would smack me down.
5 speed manual 240sx driven manually. Off course the automatic SC300 would catch up over eventually.. but not before the 1320 feet is over. You know why? Because the distance I will gain in the first 60 feet will be to much for the SC300 to make up. (try 3 car lenghts + right here.)

You cannot launch an automatic (Stock) SC300. It bogs no matter what you do. Its the slowest car of the line I have ever driven. It has a crappy stall speed of 2000 rpms, and the stock 2jz-ge has no bottom end ***** at all. My best 60 foot time was over 2.6 seconds closer to 2.7 seconds. And my best ET so far with the BFI is a crapstacular 16.658. Although granted I do feel that I raced it too soon after doing the BFI and dont think the car ecu had gotten used to it by then perhaps I should re run it. But I dont think itll do much better then that regardless it just wont be as inconsistent as before.

Im comparing automatic SC300 vs manual 240sx of course, if both are manual then its a no contest for the SC300. Having that said though, The SC300 will always trap fastest despite the slower ET...

I have done 125+ mph on a degovernized sohc vs 142 mph for the sc300, then again I had a particular healthy sohc, that could pull slightly on dohc counterparts, my 240sx before I crashed it was an automatic converted to 5 speed. I just started attempting to ressurect this car after a year.. In about 2 months or so I should be able to test my theories out, regardless the slowest car gets the next bolt ons.
Old 03-07-06, 11:49 AM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

SC400s are natural born killers. But shouldnt be treated like little hondas. I have a long list of cars Ive beaten with my SC300. But I dont go around asking for races or trouble. Ive beaten 5.0 Mustangs from a launch and roll, Roush Turbo focus from launch and roll, NA MK4 Supra from launch and roll, and the list goes on. Alot of cars try and pick on me just to be cool. The SCs have quite a bit of power in them when they are only equipped with basic bolt ons. Treat yours like a champ. Welcome to the club.
Old 03-07-06, 11:59 AM
VJ RC51
Lexus Champion

You cannot launch an automatic (Stock) SC300. It bogs no matter what you do. Its the slowest car of the line I have ever driven. It has a crappy stall speed of 2000 rpms, and the stock 2jz-ge has no bottom end ***** at all. My best 60 foot time was over 2.6 seconds closer to 2.7 seconds
A ford festiva can get a 2.2. Dont mistake your poor driving with how a car can run and give false info.
Old 03-07-06, 02:24 PM
vipsoarer
Instructor

Originally Posted by lexluv300
Hey VIP Soarer funny guy --since you work at Lexus why don't you call the CEO and ask him they created the SC with racing in mind. We are talking about a freaking luxo cruiser here boys-in the same category as a freakin cadillac elderado. You don't compare "numbers" between a del sol and a lexo cruiser --what is wrong with you Ripsoarer? I have ten grand that if we both are neck and neck at 60 MPH starting a race on the highway I will kick your **** on first to 135 MPH --oh I forgot your del sol can't reach 135 MPH stock--what a shame I guess it's not fair race then.
well numbers are nice especially when you are comparing to "very quickly" to no comment and why cant you compare numbers between a luxury coupe and a econo box when you can compare a secretary's car (mustang) to a SC? either way i HAD the car. i was going to do something childish since all you can do is bash me on what i know but ill be the bigger person and stop since you sound like a 16 year old kid.

Last edited by vipsoarer; 03-07-06 at 02:29 PM.
Old 03-07-06, 02:45 PM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Inabj2
You cannot launch an automatic (Stock) SC300. It bogs no matter what you do. Its the slowest car of the line I have ever driven. It has a crappy stall speed of 2000 rpms, and the stock 2jz-ge has no bottom end ***** at all.
When my SC300 used to be auto I started experimenting with my launches without worrying about messing up the transmission since it was coming out anyway. I agree with you, power launches wont help you much on an SC300. One time I racing a 95 3 series BMW (manual). He kept taking me all the time. We must have raced about 15 times in a one 30 minute period. I was getting real frustrated so I started experimenting. Once I was up at the starting line what I would do is:

- Put it in Neutral.
- Bring the revs up to 4500-5000 RPM and hold it.
- When its time to take off you left off the 5000 RPM and drop the gear to from Neutral to 1st gear and punch the gas all the way really fast.

All this requires you to have really quick hands and feet. Well anyway that is how I would get my good launches. Good enough to beat that BMW after so many races. As far as top end goes, I like the way mine is during rolling starts. No complaints. It might be a take a while on an NA but it does the job.
Old 03-07-06, 05:03 PM
MongooseGA
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by lexluv300
Just defending the SC man ---it's all about the sc --that's why we are in this forum. If you want to glorify hondas go to a honda forum. ALWAYS and I mean ALWAYS put the SC in a positive light here or otherwise your comments are not needed. If you love the SC as I do you will understand where I'm coming from. FYI--I'm a 30 yr old real estate investor with two personal homes, one here in suburbs of Cleveland, OH and one near the Rocky mountains in Colorado. I just can't stand when CL members talk down on our beloved SC's.
Wow, man. It's a decent car and all, but it's not all that. Just be humble, there are better cars.
Old 03-07-06, 07:45 PM
vipsoarer
Instructor

mongoose took the words out of my mouth. believe me i love the car and wouldnt get rid of it for any amount of money but in the end its still just a car and with all due respect a very humble car which i prefer (with some ***** ofcoarse). either way when you work with these cars on a daily basis you grow to understand the car from a different perspective.
Old 03-07-06, 08:38 PM
neurocity
Neu`roc´i`ty

Received 76 Likes on 39 Posts

I'm going to weld in two, yes two JATO take off rockets in my trunk. Honda's, Nissan's, Ferrari's, Ford Pinto's and even Paris Hilton will not be faster!!!!!!!

I will Dominate!!!!

And no, soarer5780 you cant have my tails......I'm melting them off with the rockets on the next flipping hondinissanmaxicivica I see!!!

This thread is now making me nuts, I only check back to see who yellin at who!!!!
Old 03-07-06, 11:27 PM
Inabj2
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by VJ RC51
A ford festiva can get a 2.2. Dont mistake your poor driving with how a car can run and give false info.
Your car charactheristics with a manual do not apply to me. I cannot bring the revs up. Its not like I can get into my SC300, press the clutch put it in first, bring revs to about 4,500 rpms, drop the clutch and feather the throttle. Instead I have to do what you might call a brake stand that being off course putting your left foot in the brake step on it, then bring the revs with your right foot to as high as itll allow you. In my case I have to gas it till about 2,100 rpms, notice I said gas it, I cannot floor it when Im standing on the brakes or else the revs will drop down to 1,950 -2,000 rpms and the ecu will start cutting off throttle if you do this. This limit here is imposed by my converter's stall speed, its not something I arbitrarily made up. This is how you launch an automatic car properly, at least to my best of my knowledge. This is the whole point of the dragon stall converters to raise that stall speed. There fore increasing your 60' foot times significantly, therefore increasing your et times significantly. Notice how my Trap speeds come close to matching those of a manual SC300?

your speaking to someone that has tracked, autocrossed, and drag raced my cars, not some bench racer or stoplight brawler. I was under the assumption that I at least knew how to drive the SC300 decently, and despite its serious handicap that is to have an automatic slushbox SC300 I know where the limits of that vehicle is! (Handling wise theyre actually pretty good for a cruiser coupe car, and at high speed turns probably better then your average compact sporty car.) This automatic transmission is by far the slushiest of the automatic trannies I have personally experienced in any vehicle I have owned, or modern vehicle I have driven. I dont hate my car I love my car and I know the true potential this platform has. This is my hobby, when time and money permits I track my cars, also I have spent more money in the most important upgrace you can purchase with this car hobby, track time, both whether it be track experience, and actual performance driving schools.

Perhaps it is because I have taken the time to explore the limit of my car, and seen the limits of more modern cars and sport cars that I truly understand where I stand compare to the rest of the car world. In a nutshell its an awesome and balanced chassis that is severely hampered by the transmission, soft suspension, undersized tires, and slightly underpowered. You replace the transmision with a manual one, and you unlock the remaining 50 percent of the vehicle. Weight of the vehicle, and undersized tires being a distant second place in being the next weakest link. Id like to think of the SC300 as an Beast that has been tranquilized and chained.

As for neutral dropping or aka as N-Bombs or Neutral Bombs, thats something that I was thought to never ever, do before I even got my drivers license. My automatic transmission is in good shape right now and Id like it to keep it that way. Especially since I have barely started to work on my 240sx project and is my only means of transportation. I have thought about doing it just once, and see if I can get faster times. But I just like my car to much to abuse it in such a way.

RC 51, given your words of wisdom I quoted perhaps you could share to this poor humble idiot that cannot drive his own car of 3 years your secret to best launching an automatic SC300 that has a stock stall converter? Im a little slow so if you could can you please explain to me, step by step, on the best way to launching an automatic SC300? I already told you how I do it. But since youre a much better driver then me.

Please I beg you, enligthen me, what is the best way to launch a BONE STOCK AUTOMATIC SC300 properly? Also what were your 60' times with this amazing technique? And your ET times? Trap speed? Im asking about automatic SC300s, not manuals that does not apply to me at all. I hope you know a secret technique that does not involve N-Bombs!

Last edited by Inabj2; 03-07-06 at 11:37 PM.
Old 03-08-06, 12:14 AM
SUPRMSC
Lexus Test Driver

Stock SC = Slow

Modded SC = Fast

Get modding and stop complaining.
We have one of the few rare cars that can retain their luxury feel while having rediculous amounts of power.

Ex. Ethan

Last edited by SUPRMSC; 03-08-06 at 12:23 AM.
Old 03-08-06, 10:46 AM
neurocity
Neu`roc´i`ty

Received 76 Likes on 39 Posts

orig posted by LexLuv

Every time someone here is telling a great story of how that smoked a certain car you bosos were shooting back at them like you own one of the cars their talking about.
O.K. dude.........lets get one thing right here!!!

Bozo is with a Z.......What kind of childhood did you have?

Hey, I'll bet Bozo's car would smoke a Honda!!!!
I'm in Chicago, I'm going over to WGN and gonna race the Bozo-mobile! I bet I can take him off the line!

Maybe "Cookie" will "N-Bomb it" and get me...I don't know
Stay tuned Kiddies!!!!!

Last edited by neurocity; 03-08-06 at 11:13 AM.