SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

SC/Soarer Family

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-06, 04:13 PM
vredniykot
Lexus Test Driver

Received 65 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Xotic sC
You are correct up until a certain point. There is a very fine (and thin) line to how much you can style your own car until somebody says something about it. When you buy a car like a Lexus, it is expected of you to make your car spectacular in the direction that you take it whether it be show, classy/luxury, or sporty/aggressive.

There are also things that you have to watch when you drive a certain car with status. We as SC owners do not have as many 'mod'ers' across the country as say 3 series enthusiasts, in that environment, they cannot control the actions of others so rice will be rice and nice will be nice.

Here in our SC realm, we have to represent with the little number that we get to work with. If somebody sees an SC with some ratty a** stuff, they're going to generalize, if they see an SC living up to the Lexus name with their classy modification, they will generalize. I understand some people who get SC's are kids with no jobs or have to live off of their parents paying for maintainence and gas. That is no problem but please don't go off and attempt to buy the cheapest crap that was ever made in order to be able to say that "you mod your car"

For example, my pay is not great but I get by and save my money to get the nicer things in life. I could go on ebay right now and complete my car right now to show you guys that my car is modded, but what does that do? It only kills the reputation of SC's all over when I drive up to some BMW owner and he sees my ebay parts hanging onto my car for dear life.

Instead I save...and save...and save...for things that will make me proud of my car. It may take time but at least our reputation is not compromised in the mean time.

wery well said, wery well

i like this thread
Old 03-06-06, 04:15 PM
ki_soarer
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

good thread! i dont mind helping out the newcommers, as long as im not answering the same questions every 3 days.

calvin, you deffinately are known for getting your point accross! but we have both been here a long time and i know where your comming from.

Idrewfelix, as for the comment on VJRC51..... there has been a lot of times where his threads and comments have gotten sour, but sometimes its just better to walk away, and ignore.
i wouldnt call him a vet... he is still new to the scene, but on the plus side, he has learned a lot from searching, and that makes me . i know him personally, and he is constantly changing his mind... litterally every day or two. in his defence, he does know the difference in quality and cheap parts. i cant say i agree with some of his mods even though he is only building one car to flip and make some cash.

i just dont want the SC to be looked down on, as its starting to already. the SC is the new 240... you can choose to believe it or not, but its true.

in all honesty, i have lost all hope with the SC. its sad i know, but true. i will continue to enjoy my car and mod it a bit, but as soon as the prices shoot up after F7F3, its gone, and im on to bigger and better things.

bottom line, the SC is not the same car it was when i joined, and neither is the community.
Old 03-06-06, 04:22 PM
Technics
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I see people making references to the"newbs" bringing this forum down but there are more than a few so-called "vets" (join dates 2003-04 ) who have equally caused detriment to these forums
Old 03-06-06, 04:40 PM
ki_soarer
Lexus Champion

i agree that there are some older memmbers causing trouble..... i myself have gotten out of hand at times, but i like to think im past that now.

i wasnt referring to the newbies, i was referring more to the car itself.
Old 03-06-06, 04:43 PM
Technics
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ki_soarer

i wasnt referring to the newbies, i was referring more to the car itself.
My post wasn't specifically directed at anyone, just a general statement regarding the condition of the forums.
Old 03-06-06, 05:04 PM
ki_soarer
Lexus Champion

i know, i was just agreeing with you and reinforcing your statment.
Old 03-06-06, 07:23 PM
Cannonbear
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Xotic sC
Very well said. I shortened the quote for space constraint but i agree with what you wrote. I do think people sometimes have the wrong notion of "cool" and what's not. I bought my SC for it's looks and comfort, and now i hear a friend of a friend is getting an SC so he can turbo it and make it a drift car

Some people do need the nudge in the right direction, others know what does work and what won't. i made some mistakes when i had my GS (LMS blackwood kit was crap, single exhaust on a v8 was loud, too loud) but i had to do that to see what would work and what wouldn't. if someone would have said "don't do it, it'll look like crap" i still would have done it just to do it. i learned now and since i've been moddin cars for the past 8 years i know what i like and what works for me.

The SC is the next 240 and that does suck big time, i'd hate to get profiled now because someone picks up a 92 SC for 4k and rices it out, bringing more attention to my car in the process. i bought a lexus to get away from that.
Old 03-06-06, 08:12 PM
MongooseGA
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Idrewfelix
What about vet members doing mods in very poor taste?

For example:

RC15J or whatever his name is
Why is it always you to single someone out to criticize them? You have the attitude that the forum is trying to avoid. You don't even know the member well enough to know his proper username. Who the hell are you to say anything about him? All you know about him is that Chino doesn't like him. I guess that means no one else should like him, since everyone seems to swing from Chino's nuts like they do 1SICKLEX's.

Here, just to spite you:

Originally Posted by Idrewfelix
Its called the heritage and the image that our cars are known for. Do you want the next SC to become the next 240sx?

Its just advice given to new comers before they put "type r" badges on their trunks.
Like your big, gaudy body kit is keeping the image and heritage of our cars? I'm sure the designers of the SC would roll over in their graves if they saw what people are doing to their car. Practice what you preach; you aren't exactly driving a beautiful, classy luxury car like it was intended to be.

Like Scott said guys, the car is gone. Hell, half of this forum is the people we're trying to avoid. Look at the big ugly kits, the super dooorriftuoo!!! fad, the flush wheels thing, and the number of owners who had 240s before their SC. We don't really drive a status symbol here, guys. People are seeing potential for big power and popularity with their mindless fad-following thoughts and are picking up cheap, beat to hell SCs and modifying them. The ricers are here, but the members are too nice or not ballsy enough to call it.

Koma- Good attempt, but we have one of these 'cleansing' threads about once a month now. Thanks to people like Idrewfelix (yeah, I'm gonna single you out now) the attitude will continue to go down hill until mods start with the bannings. Atleast you're headed in the right direction.

Is there another forum I could visit more often to avoid this stuff? Maybe I should hang around TIF more often.
Old 03-06-06, 08:22 PM
neurocity
Neu`roc´i`ty

Received 76 Likes on 39 Posts

Holy Crap!!!!!

Like your big, gaudy body kit is keeping the image and heritage of our cars? I'm sure the designers of the SC would roll over in their graves if they saw what people are doing to their car. Practice what you preach; you aren't exactly driving a beautiful, classy luxury car like it was intended to be.
~~Amen!!!! Amen!!!!
~~Hallelujah!!!!!!!!!!!
~~Reverend MongooseGA
~~Preach thaaaa truff my brotha!!! Preach on, preach on!!!

Everyone just needs to Relax!!! They Are Cars!!!
Its a public forum
People on here act like its a private golf club....Golf Blows!!!!!
Old 03-06-06, 09:25 PM
ki_soarer
Lexus Champion

i love TIF and always will, even though there are some guys finding it that shouldnt .......

but CL will always be my fist home as long as im in a lexus.
Old 03-06-06, 10:24 PM
BLK13X
Mortgage Slave

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

I agree, this forum is one of the most heated I've been to (at times). Quite a few members need to sit back and relax from slagging on others for whatever they've done to their cars (doesn't anyone remember what your mum told you??? If you don't have anything nice to say don't say it)... giving advice is one thing, slagging members is not part of it and never should be. CL was awesome when I first joined way back in 2002 but I must admit that it has gone downhill.
Old 03-06-06, 11:21 PM
SUPRMSC
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MongooseGA
Why is it always you to single someone out to criticize them? You have the attitude that the forum is trying to avoid. You don't even know the member well enough to know his proper username. Who the hell are you to say anything about him? All you know about him is that Chino doesn't like him. I guess that means no one else should like him, since everyone seems to swing from Chino's nuts like they do 1SICKLEX's.

Here, just to spite you:

Like your big, gaudy body kit is keeping the image and heritage of our cars? I'm sure the designers of the SC would roll over in their graves if they saw what people are doing to their car. Practice what you preach; you aren't exactly driving a beautiful, classy luxury car like it was intended to be...
RCJ51 or whatever always had a problem with having a smart attitude and untasteful humor on these forums. Esp in the thread I made when I got into my accident. So it isnt just about Chino hating him nor anyone else. You weren't exposed to some unkindly events on the forums, so who are you to talk out of spite?

And im very sorry, but I would guarantee that more people would think a tastefully modified car is alot more " beautiful, classy and a luxury car" then your stock SC. You're also speaking out against more then half of the members on these forums who are enthusiasts.

Which reminds me, if you don't like modified SC's why are you planning to modify yours?

"Stock for now, but stay tuned!"

Originally Posted by MongooseGA
"The ricers are here, but the members are too nice or not ballsy enough to call it. "
So im the only one thats ballsy enough to call it? I really dont understand your logic especially when im the only one stating my opinon instead of shunning away.

But really mongoose, I have nothing against you, but you either have some serious hyprocritcal problems or you just want to stir up a pointless flame. Either way, I will still express my opinon- good or bad. Maybe you're just bitter that you have a stocker? Nonetheless they all say jealousy and anger go hand in hand.
Old 03-06-06, 11:31 PM
reamemiya
Pole Position

this is why so many helpful members with vast knowledge have left these forums...
and new members who have much potential or have some usefulness or input at all
are to afraid to speak up because someone will bash on them.

maybe if we can't handle ourselves the mods will have to get more strict. and we don't want that.
Old 03-06-06, 11:38 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by reamemiya
the mods will have to get more strict. and we don't want that.
I do.
Old 03-07-06, 01:33 AM
Sc400on20s
Lead Lap

I haven't posted here in years...great thread!
Keep up the great work guys!
tann

Quick Reply: SC/Soarer Family