SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

SC/Soarer Family

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-06, 07:57 AM
Koma

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default SC/Soarer Family

Dear All of CL's SC and Soarer Family,
I think we need to get some events together to get around and get to know one another better. There are alot of newcomers coming in all the time and they should get to know the veterans. The new comers need to learn to respect the veterans and the veterans also have to do the same for the new comers.
To the vets:
We need to accept that not everyone is going to modify their cars to our liking. We can only guide them in their modifications routes but we can't tell them to not do certain mods just because we don't like them. People all have different tastes on this forum. Doesn't anyone remember when they first came to the forum? Mostly we all had nice warm welcomings. We should keep our history like this and keep welcoming all warmly. Alot of people have been shunning others cars for personal tastes, that's not exactly fair. Everyone has their own tastes let them develop them. If someone is asking for help (after searching ) than we should try to do our best to guide them in the right direction. I'm not saying to tell them how and where to do it but just you know gently push them in the right direction. If you honestly have nothing genuine to add to a person's thread don't bash on it, just avoid posting or politely intrude.

To the young'ns:
Welcome to CL. We're a proud bunch here and like to be known as a more acceptable forum. First things first. If you have a question regarding anything try searching first. And search for a while because it's kinda annoying to open a thread that you've already answered a few times. We understand that you have questions but most likely they've been answered before. If some one is inciting some sort of arguement over the forums just relax, don't take it too personal people will have their opinions. It's your own car don't let anyone coax you into something you're not up for. Have fun modding. You should learn to respect the vets because they have been here awhile and for the most part know what they're talking about. There's tons of information on here for you to sift through and most likely the veterans were the ones who discovered it. It's like looking up to a mentor.

To everyone:
Let's keep things civil here. We are a large subsection of the CL community and we should be proud that we have something in common. Respect one another; we all have different tastes in mods let's not try to discourage one another, you never know something creative may come up and you may like the outcome. Everyone keep doing your research we all love to hear new things about our cars. This is a team effort.
Old 03-06-06, 08:03 AM
Batmobile
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Old 03-06-06, 08:52 AM
933005spd
Lead Lap

Default Good points

You make good points and I will try to be nice to all.

Old 03-06-06, 09:42 AM
Jewcano
No Sir, I Don't Like It

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Kill hatred with unconditional kindness.
Old 03-06-06, 09:48 AM
SUPRMSC
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What about vet members doing mods in very poor taste?

For example:

RC15J or whatever his name is
Old 03-06-06, 11:46 AM
reamemiya
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Idrewfelix
What about vet members doing mods in very poor taste?

For example:

RC15J or whatever his name is
It's okay man as long as they like and enjoy their car.
Some people may have better taste, but not have the budget
to accomodate for it some people can afford turbo some can only afford their turbo and leave their 92 exterior the way it is.. Even though this member isn't someone i respect
or even read his post. Atleast he puts some money into 1jzing a car?

BTW i'm very interested in meeting you just from you sig. and cuz or our very similar turbo set up.
Old 03-06-06, 02:23 PM
Cannonbear
Lexus Test Driver

but what constitutes "poor taste"?

and why is everyone else jumping on someone else's case for what they do to their car? i know not everyone would agree with choices made, and there's a way to express that with bashing and flaming the person..
Old 03-06-06, 03:06 PM
kaotiq
Lexus Test Driver

This thread could potentially get ugly.... I'm chilling with my popcorn now.
Old 03-06-06, 03:17 PM
Cannonbear
Lexus Test Driver

i hope it doesn't and i don't see why it should have to.

Very few other Lexus model threads ever get "ugly", i've been looking through the SC past threads for awhile now and it seems alot get side tracked (hell even in a for sale thread it gets off topic).

I don't want to make enemies or anything, but too often other members seem to think they're in charge of modding other members' cars. There's plenty of SC's that i think " " when i see them, but i just click the back button and move on unless they're really asking for an opinion and even then i try not to be mean spirited about it, because they may ultimately really like the look.
Old 03-06-06, 03:28 PM
SUPRMSC
Lexus Test Driver

Its called the heritage and the image that our cars are known for. Do you want the next SC to become the next 240sx?

Its just advice given to new comers before they put "type r" badges on their trunks.
Old 03-06-06, 03:34 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Cannonbear
i hope it doesn't and i don't see why it should have to.

Very few other Lexus model threads ever get "ugly", i've been looking through the SC past threads for awhile now and it seems alot get side tracked (hell even in a for sale thread it gets off topic).

I don't want to make enemies or anything, but too often other members seem to think they're in charge of modding other members' cars. There's plenty of SC's that i think " " when i see them, but i just click the back button and move on unless they're really asking for an opinion and even then i try not to be mean spirited about it, because they may ultimately really like the look.
You are correct up until a certain point. There is a very fine (and thin) line to how much you can style your own car until somebody says something about it. When you buy a car like a Lexus, it is expected of you to make your car spectacular in the direction that you take it whether it be show, classy/luxury, or sporty/aggressive.

There are also things that you have to watch when you drive a certain car with status. We as SC owners do not have as many 'mod'ers' across the country as say 3 series enthusiasts, in that environment, they cannot control the actions of others so rice will be rice and nice will be nice.

Here in our SC realm, we have to represent with the little number that we get to work with. If somebody sees an SC with some ratty a** stuff, they're going to generalize, if they see an SC living up to the Lexus name with their classy modification, they will generalize. I understand some people who get SC's are kids with no jobs or have to live off of their parents paying for maintainence and gas. That is no problem but please don't go off and attempt to buy the cheapest crap that was ever made in order to be able to say that "you mod your car"

For example, my pay is not great but I get by and save my money to get the nicer things in life. I could go on ebay right now and complete my car right now to show you guys that my car is modded, but what does that do? It only kills the reputation of SC's all over when I drive up to some BMW owner and he sees my ebay parts hanging onto my car for dear life.

Instead I save...and save...and save...for things that will make me proud of my car. It may take time but at least our reputation is not compromised in the mean time.

Edit : I got off-topic.

My contribution to this thread is :
I know I can get cranky most of the time from newbs or ricers (I am infamous for this) but I generally try to be nicer nowadays with a more calm mindset to deal with situations of not searching and others. I still do not guaruntee being nice all the time though, I really do think some of you people are being too nice to the newbs, sometimes it takes a little intimidation to get the message through and sometimes a little TLC gets the job done. I will do my part and work on both.

Last edited by G Star; 03-06-06 at 03:40 PM.
Old 03-06-06, 03:42 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Its called the heritage and the image that our cars are known for. Do you want the next SC to become the next 240sx?
Too late. Nothing could've saved us.

With the number of fans following drift and buying tickets to D1 grand prix, it is impossible to keep this wild-fire contained.
Old 03-06-06, 03:44 PM
chitwnsazn
Lead Lap

the cheapest crap doesnt necessarily mean bad quality stuff
Old 03-06-06, 03:47 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by chitwnsazn
the cheapest crap doesnt necessarily mean bad quality stuff
No, it doesn't

&

No, I didn't say that.

I'm sure it is automatically assumed when somebody says cheapest crap , they mean bad quality. I'm not sure where you came from but here crap means bad.
Old 03-06-06, 04:07 PM
vredniykot
Lexus Test Driver

Received 65 Likes on 55 Posts

Do you want the next SC to become the next 240sx?
dont jinx it man

unfortunately, the more affordable the SC becomes and more upgrades are developed (both good and bad) people will afford/want it more

unfortunately people taste is influenced by what they see (read: believe it's cool) - "pimped out" Civics in race movies (Civic lovers, dont hate me, properly moded Civic can put on a show), or just plain dont know any better

yes it's sad to see - um, that term that i dont wanna use
the only really thing that we as a mature and educated forum is show the new people love and show them what beauty a properly moded SC is

i did too want to put blue light bulbs in the headlights and a neon kit when i first got the car (lol)
but i found CL and did a little reading here and there and um, lets say - changed my mind

i did too bent a couple of rules here and there but thanks to this forum members that watched my back and those who gave their support and shared their knowledge in moments of need i was able to deal with that

big shoutout to administration of CL and SC forum for keeping it kleeeen and civil and informative, i can only imagine how much effort it takes to manage a site like this

Quick Reply: SC/Soarer Family