SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

The Real truth about importing soarer

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-06 | 07:12 PM
VJ RC51
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ki_soarer
just go powdercoat something... like your computer screen! lol

give it up bro. if your going to state what you call fact, then support it with proof... the only link you posted contradicts what your stating.
I'm only giving up due to ignorance and people bending laws to state their truths for their business.

Its just a stupid car, one less optioned then our version and the steering wheel on the wrong side.

If you think thats cool and worth paying 10 grand more for a car that makes u sit on the wrong side of the road, who am i to argue with that.
Old 03-09-06 | 07:22 PM
neurocity
Neu`roc´i`ty
CL Folding 25,000

Wow.......I can't take anymore

Can I "export" a SC300 to Australia!!!!
Old 03-09-06 | 07:22 PM
got_trd
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by VJ RC51
Of couse.. til someone finds out what it really is

But then again why pay $15k for a car that has less features and comfort then a swapped sc300 with a 1jz that could cost u around 4k total and risk the chance of your car being impounded.
i'd rather pay $15k for a real soarer than 4k for either of your swapped 1jz sc3's... the condition of japanese cars are immaculate where as U.S cars like your green one for example that you got for like 2k has a grocery list of problems.... in the end it evens out when you fix everything thats wrong... once again, GAME OVER
Old 03-09-06 | 07:28 PM
VJ RC51
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by got_trd
i'd rather pay $15k for a real soarer than 4k for either of your swapped 1jz sc3's... the condition of japanese cars are immaculate where as U.S cars like your green one for example that you got for like 2k has a grocery list of problems.... in the end it evens out when you fix everything thats wrong... once again, GAME OVER
hey maybe u got a point, but at least neiher leak oil or have knock sensor problems lol
Old 03-09-06 | 07:36 PM
King7Two
Lexus Champion
CL Folding 200000

Do you really want me to goto the Florida DOT and tell them theres a toyota soarer on their roads registered as a kit car? I do not think u want to see the outcome of that.
WTF is that? Im sure he'll have no problems. Its ONE car.

Of couse.. til someone finds out what it really is
Again....WTF? what are you a NARC?

It'll probably slip right thru the cracks......no problem.
and if it doesnt.....I drove a Mustang GT 5.0 around for 3 years (not street legal).......No inspection, tags....nothing. Nobody cared......

let it go.

Last edited by King7Two; 03-09-06 at 08:51 PM.
Old 03-09-06 | 07:40 PM
VJ RC51
Lexus Champion

Ill never report a car i dont care, ill probably import a chaser for myself one day. Just ppl need to get facts straight. Its not legal. Deal with it, no one cares.
Old 03-09-06 | 07:43 PM
neurocity
Neu`roc´i`ty
CL Folding 25,000

Obviously You Do!!!
Old 03-09-06 | 07:53 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Guys,

Not one but TWO moderators have asked for the contributors to this thread to calm down.

The next person that makes an inappropriate personal comment or borderline attack in this thread is going to get a suspension from the forum.

Get it back on topic, make it constructive, make it impersonal. Please.
Old 03-09-06 | 07:59 PM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

Do you really want me to goto the Florida DOT and tell them theres a toyota soarer on their roads registered as a kit car? I do not think u want to see the outcome of that.
Threats of any kind are not acceptable here at ClubLexus. We should play nice fellas.

Also, I have seen tons of JDM RWD vehicles in the not so |[modified-vehicle]| friendly state of California to believe that it is illegal to drive one around on public roads. After reading what was stated in the first post of this thread and from what everyone else says I do believe there is a way to own and drive a Soarer legally in the United States.

ROUND 2..GO!

Last edited by JspecSC3; 03-09-06 at 08:04 PM.
Old 03-09-06 | 08:32 PM
SupraCoup3
Lexus Champion

I feel like I'm quoting modified shakespeare here, but

What makes a soarer a soarer? Is it the interior or the instrument cluster or any other part that makes up a car?

I'm really curious about this... I wonder if importing a JZZ30 is possible, ship the engine & car seperate, then put it back together here. If it doesn't fly with your local DMV, then part it out... you'd proably make your money back... especially if you got a modded Soarer

John

Ninja Edit: 2000th post

Last edited by SupraCoup3; 03-09-06 at 08:36 PM.
Old 03-09-06 | 08:33 PM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

I do not see why there is even a reason to import a JDM Soarer and be forced to drive on the right and side just to get that 1jz motor especially when there is a US version here. Maybe its the JDM fetish???

Save all that importing hassle for jdm only cars such as the skyline gtr, the toyota crown athlete, or something of that nature.
Old 03-09-06 | 08:39 PM
SupraCoup3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by xknowonex
I do not see why there is even a reason to import a JDM Soarer and be forced to drive on the right and side just to get that 1jz motor especially when there is a US version here. Maybe its the JDM fetish???

Save all that importing hassle for jdm only cars such as the skyline gtr, the toyota crown athlete, or something of that nature.

if someone is partial to the lines of the SC, or like me had one as their first car, a soarer could be a fun piece of SC history.

Also, it's easier to find a low milage soarer than it is to find a low miliage SC, and furthermore, the JDM soarers are less money... look it up.
Old 03-09-06 | 08:57 PM
onebadshot
Pole Position

meh I bet the soarer cost more on insurance since its TT. Im not really worried about it since 98% of us are not going to import a soarer or even thought about doing it....
Old 03-09-06 | 10:50 PM
VJ RC51
Lexus Champion

I see no reason what so ever to import a soarer over a sc300 1jz, it would be a downgrade. Florida has some weird big JDM fetish. Anyone can buy a car, so what, that don't make them cool. Someone who builds their car (actually working on it not done at a shop) is who gets respect in my books.
Old 03-09-06 | 10:54 PM
PsiQo1
Lead Lap

a lot of this sounds like your opinion...ok wow.. we all know your feelings...but i have seen a few RHD imported cars..mostly in the deadly state of CA..and now some out here in phoenix..it is possible to import the damn cars..and make the car legal..yay!.....cant we all just get along

Quick Reply: The Real truth about importing soarer