SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

So I bought a SC300 Sunday.. wow

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-06, 11:10 PM
IronCobra
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the club! Nice ride! You'll love her!....

Great thing about Lexus is general is that they laster FOREVER! Bad thing is that when something finally does break, it's not cheap to fix.

Here are some ideas...

Paint:
Repaint the car to the same factory color.. This will help you retain and build value, plus it's much easier and less expensive. It's a great color to!

Seats:
You can get Brand new leather coverings to make your seats look like new for around $600 for all 4 plus the center consol.

Dash lights (Climate Control)
Get with OLT on this, he can make your lights all purdy again for a great price!

All in all you should be able to get the car looking new for around $2400.00

I would encourage you to find out when the timing belt was changed..

BTW, where in Texas are you?

JD
Old 03-15-06, 04:49 AM
LGR95SC300
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by IronCobra
BTW, where in Texas are you?
I'm in San Antonio.

As far as paint goes the original color isn't to bad but I have been leaning towards silver. More so after seeing LexAnt's car.

The seats I hope to have done by a school here. They are always looking for project cars and supposedly do beautiful work. Only thing I will have to pay for is the material. My wife works for the district so after spring break is over she said she would look into it for me.

First thing I did when I got to these boards was read O.L.T's project threads. Traded a few e-mails with him to figure out what’s what. Pretty amazing guy

I'm guessing that belt was changed at 90 or so. The people I bought it from have been having the work done by the same guy since they bought it. They gave me his # so I just need to call him and find out what’s due when. I did the the t-belt twice on my talon but don't have a lot of desire to do it again on this.
Old 03-15-06, 07:08 AM
IronCobra
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LGR95SC300
I'm in San Antonio.

As far as paint goes the original color isn't to bad but I have been leaning towards silver. More so after seeing LexAnt's car.

The seats I hope to have done by a school here. They are always looking for project cars and supposedly do beautiful work. Only thing I will have to pay for is the material. My wife works for the district so after spring break is over she said she would look into it for me.

First thing I did when I got to these boards was read O.L.T's project threads. Traded a few e-mails with him to figure out what’s what. Pretty amazing guy

I'm guessing that belt was changed at 90 or so. The people I bought it from have been having the work done by the same guy since they bought it. They gave me his # so I just need to call him and find out what’s due when. I did the the t-belt twice on my talon but don't have a lot of desire to do it again on this.
Good deal! I'm in Corpus Christi.... We need to start planning our next STX Lexus Meet soon.

The materials for your seats are $600ish... The belt should be changed ever 90k, so you might have a little while before it needs to be done again.

Silver would be an awesome color, just make sure that they paint EVERYTHING... This would require removing all major components of the vehicle, ie Doors, glass, bumper covers, hood and trunk.

Again, welcome aboard this board.
Old 03-15-06, 02:56 PM
LGR95SC300
Driver School Candidate

Went out this morning to check the fluids and such and I was thinking about what you said on the paint. Most shops I know either won't do everything or will charge a lot more for it. Looking at the engine bay color, I may just have to go with the orginal color.

As far as materials go, I know that they buy them and I reimburse the cost. Not sure if they get a deal on them or not. Just have to wait and see.

I'm down for a get together although it seems I have no time lately. Juggling a job and 12 hours of project intensive school makes for very short days. Seems like my weekends are devoted to school and family as of late. We will just have to schedule something and see if I can break free. Maybe this summer if classes don't make. May try to make it out and watch the supras run this sunday. Just depends if I get my elevations done by then heh.
Old 03-15-06, 05:40 PM
Danimal
Lead Lap

Congratulations on your purchase! I bought mine in December and haven't hardly looked and my Grand National since

I'm just kidding, I love them both.
Old 03-16-06, 06:56 AM
LGR95SC300
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by The Danima
Grand National
A Buick Grand National? God I love those cars! I was in high school and a pair of brothers that went there got matching ones for christmas one year. I'm soooooo jealous!
I also have to look at one up at school that someone drives there EVERY day thats in immaculant condition. Not sure what they are thinking since my truck has been hit twice in that parking lot. Thats got to be one nervous person sitting in class
Got any pics? I would love to drool over them a while lol.