SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Sweet lord. What a night.

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-06, 03:29 AM
CyberSC4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Sweet lord. What a night. [New Pic]

So it's 9:30pm Friday and I'm heading out to Club V2O in Long Beach. My pal calls me up and says he got a flat tire while driving home and he needs some help out in Anaheim. Being a good friend I drive out there to lend a hand. Afterwards, he's on his way back home and I go on my way to the club. Fast forward to 2am Saturday (an hour ago). I'm driving home on the 91 East and run over the mother of all concrete section dividers on the freeway. I was doing 75'ish and felt a rock hard jolt to the suspension. So hard that I knew there was gonna be trouble. I proceed to slow down and then heard the most terrible noise. The sound of tire ripping from wheel. So I safely pull over on the side of the freeway and inspect the damage. What I see? Passenger rear tire totally gone. Just a rim. I got back home using my full spare. I didn't roll on the rim for very long so hopefully it didn't take too much damage. Gotta inspect more closely tomorrow (and also get pics).

When you're driving out there...keep an eye out for road debris and junk.

UPDATE: Pic (It hurts to see this)
Got everything fixed today! Props to Xander at The Wheel Supply in Walnut for the quick turn around. They fixed the crack, bends and polished the lip.
Attached Thumbnails Sweet lord. What a night.-cimg1563.jpg  

Last edited by CyberSC4; 03-18-06 at 06:07 PM.
Old 03-18-06, 04:29 AM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

dang man, sorry to hear. Hope everything is okay...

be sure to take pics... you might be able to get some sort of compensation...
Old 03-18-06, 08:57 AM
neurocity
Neu`roc´i`ty

Received 74 Likes on 38 Posts

Wow, man.....a blow out at 75 can be a killer!!!
Good your o.k.

I hit a Chicago pothole once...jacked my front suspension so hard my windshield cracked!!!

Hope the damage is minimal
Old 03-18-06, 09:00 AM
IronCobra
Lexus Champion

ewww...that's not cool.....

Do you know what tore your tire off?
Old 03-18-06, 09:55 AM
SWSC400
Lead Lap

Hate to see that happen to that beauty of a car you have Glad your okay.
Old 03-18-06, 12:00 PM
nysupraman
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

be glad you dint wipe out, and try to drive slower around road work crap, hopefully after your inspection there isn't any more damage to the car.
Old 03-18-06, 01:58 PM
Lexiss_sc430
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I hate LA streets and freeways, I have bent 2 rims on stupid potholes..... why cant they just put a few more clean up crews on duty to make sure all this juck stay off the freway... last week I almost hit a 4 x 4 peice of lumber that flew off a truck on the 5, nearly killed myslef tryin to get around it... that thigs woulda done a final destination type thing to me, lol

Tommy
Old 03-18-06, 03:19 PM
indypwr
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

talk about the road debris....

about 5 mos ago, when i used to have my s14, i was driving back home on the 210 frwy.
while i was about to change lanes to make an exit, i saw this huge tractor tire on the lane,
and it was too late for me to avoid it. i did try to swerve to avoid hitting it but it was just a matter of seconds. i went over it, driving at least 65 miles, lost steering control, but luckily the brakes slowed me down to the emergency lane. any damage? my passenger steering rod came out 90 degree angle....and my wheel got bent !!!
Old 03-18-06, 09:05 PM
Luv Da Lex
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

last weekend while going to teh pathfinder meet. some bread truck just dumped pretty much like 50 loaf of bread all over the 57. yea i know bread wont do anything but its so weird what gets dumped on socal freeways.
Old 03-20-06, 12:02 PM
carnal_c30
Lexus Test Driver

you one thing i'm liking? Gov. Arnold is doing alot of freeway renovations here.... 5, 605 and all that but the ones like the 10,60,91 are still horrible... i never used to drive the 5 through santafe springs, commerce and all... i used to take the 57 to the 210 to get to arcadia haha

that sucks man LA freeways have cost me 2 bent wheels and 4 tires... you'd think with our beautiful weather and lack of harsh elements our freeways would be maintained better
Old 03-20-06, 06:40 PM
SC4Hundred
Lead Lap

Drive Carefully and Be Safe especially during these rainny days there are a lot of potholes on the road.
Old 03-20-06, 08:58 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by CyberSC4
So it's 9:30pm Friday and I'm heading out to Club V2O in Long Beach. My pal calls me up and says he got a flat tire while driving home and he needs some help out in Anaheim. Being a good friend I drive out there to lend a hand. Afterwards, he's on his way back home and I go on my way to the club. Fast forward to 2am Saturday (an hour ago). I'm driving home on the 91 East and run over the mother of all concrete section dividers on the freeway. I was doing 75'ish and felt a rock hard jolt to the suspension. So hard that I knew there was gonna be trouble. I proceed to slow down and then heard the most terrible noise. The sound of tire ripping from wheel. So I safely pull over on the side of the freeway and inspect the damage. What I see? Passenger rear tire totally gone. Just a rim. I got back home using my full spare. I didn't roll on the rim for very long so hopefully it didn't take too much damage. Gotta inspect more closely tomorrow (and also get pics).

When you're driving out there...keep an eye out for road debris and junk.

UPDATE: Pic (It hurts to see this)
Got everything fixed today! Props to Xander at The Wheel Supply in Walnut for the quick turn around. They fixed the crack, bends and polished the lip.
Damn - glad you got it taken care of

Jonny
Old 03-21-06, 01:49 AM
SUPRMSC
Lexus Test Driver

Damn, im very glad that you didnt get hurt. Blowing a tire like that on the freeway is one of the most frightening things that could possibly happen.

But anyways, goodjob on getting the repairs done. Try to avoid the miserably maintained 91 cali freeways now
Old 03-21-06, 03:08 PM
97Soarer
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Good to hear you're ok. That must have been scary. I hope that pretty silver sc of yours wasn't damaged; poor versus rims. If it is, you can buy mine, wink wink. Kidding..
Old 03-21-06, 03:19 PM
LadySoarer
Driver

DAYUM!!!!!! Good thing u made it safe...I almost had a heart attack.....When stuff like this happens it feels like I hurt a child! L.A. Freeways SUCK!

Quick Reply: Sweet lord. What a night.