SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Sold my Sc today :(

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-06, 01:21 PM
sdastg1
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sold my Sc today :(

I just had way too many projects and not enough time. I had just finished all the maintance work. All fluids flushed, interior reconditioned, spark plugs, wires, diff fluids, brake pads/lines, blah blah blah.

I even picked up a set of eibach springs for it. So that I could get started on the suspension and the bushings. But then I was thinking, I really didn't want to dump another $3-4k into this. And I already have three other vehicles and a bike. So the SC got axed.

She's still sitting out in the driveway. The guy paid for it today and is coming back tomorrow with tags for her.
Old 03-21-06, 01:25 PM
weekenduse
Rookie

At least the owner will have a good first impression with a fresh lex...
Have fun with the other projects...
Old 03-21-06, 02:08 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 350 Likes on 226 Posts

I did the same with my BMW. After 7k in mods and over a year of staring at it fully complete with nothing else to do to it but tear down and start over, I decided it's time was up and bought an IS.
Old 03-21-06, 04:00 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

nothing better than another new car...
that's why I already owned 12 lexus in 3 years.... Love the feeling of getting a new car...
Got my 1JZ SC3 in Jan and spent 2K additonal for mod and already thinking about selling it...
Old 03-21-06, 04:15 PM
bruce van
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sdastg1
I just had way too many projects and not enough time. I had just finished all the maintance work. All fluids flushed, interior reconditioned, spark plugs, wires, diff fluids, brake pads/lines, blah blah blah.

I even picked up a set of eibach springs for it. So that I could get started on the suspension and the bushings. But then I was thinking, I really didn't want to dump another $3-4k into this. And I already have three other vehicles and a bike. So the SC got axed.
I'm starting to feel the same whay myself.
Old 03-21-06, 04:24 PM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by sdastg1
I just had way too many projects and not enough time. I really didn't want to dump another $3-4k into this. So the SC got axed.
I know how you feel dude. I just don't have the time to play with my SC like I used to either. I barely have the time to take it in to get minor repairs that it needs let alone "modding" it. I'll be selling my 19's this weekend (hopefully) and after that who knows what's next...either I'll dive in head first with this project or make the decision to stop dumping money into it altogether and just drive it as is, only worrying about maintenance.

I doubt I'd sell it anytime soon because I'd never get what I believe my car is worth, but not a day goes by where I don't think about other cars out there, newer cars with less little issues. It's just that none of them strike me the way the SC does style-wise. I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place.
Old 03-21-06, 04:59 PM
sdastg1
Driver

Originally Posted by mikeloc24
It's just that none of them strike me the way the SC does style-wise. I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place.
I hear ya man. I went outside a little bit earlier to remove the tags and I was just thinking about the 3 tickets I paid for not having the front license plate mounted. Thinking to myself it's worth it, as long as I dont have to drill holes into the front bumper and mess up how it looks.

It is an awesome looking car, and I thought I would enjoy it more then I did. But it will never be a new car, or handle like a new car, or shoot off the line like a new car. I'm going to sell the 4runner as well, and then just get one small somewhat fuel efficient car and just keep the pick up.
Old 03-21-06, 06:18 PM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

I know how you feel dude. I just don't have the time to play with my SC like I used to either. I barely have the time to take it in to get minor repairs that it needs let alone "modding" it. I'll be selling my 19's this weekend (hopefully) and after that who knows what's next...either I'll dive in head first with this project or make the decision to stop dumping money into it altogether and just drive it as is, only worrying about maintenance.

I doubt I'd sell it anytime soon because I'd never get what I believe my car is worth, but not a day goes by where I don't think about other cars out there, newer cars with less little issues. It's just that none of them strike me the way the SC does style-wise. I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place.
Yea, thats how I feel about my SC. It is a love/hate relationship. I check her out every 15-30 minutes while Im work as if Im checkin out a hot chick sitting next to me wearing a v-neck. I love the exclusiveness of it- not many SC tuners around here.

On the other hand, it is like a 40 year hot MILF with various issues. My car has 147k miles already. The door panels are kinda loose. Plus, the power does not justify the fuel consumption. My car runs about 14 mpg and cant even make it past 300 miles on a 20 gallon tank.

The only car out there that is close in purpose and design as ours is the G35. Its newer, faster, and brakes better. Too bad, I cant afford it but I can try to "modernize" my SC for a tad less. Needless to say, Im stuck to my SC like a marriage
Old 03-21-06, 07:12 PM
SCoupe
Lexus Test Driver

I know how you feel dude...who knows what's next...either I'll dive in head first with this project or make the decision to stop dumping money into it altogether and just drive it as is, only worrying about maintenance.

Same boat, particularly after putting ~15k into the swap and extensive transplant of a Supra TT soul into the SC. I see these new cars, but few hold my attention the way the SC has since it was on the market and ahead of its time in the 90's. I've put the engine, suspension and brakes it deserves. There is a very short and exclusive list of new cars that are capable of hanging with it for it is now in rarefied air.
Old 03-21-06, 07:18 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by O. L. T.
I did the same with my BMW. After 7k in mods and over a year of staring at it fully complete with nothing else to do to it but tear down and start over, I decided it's time was up and bought an IS.
You sold the BMW?? The one I saw??? I oughta......

JK.

Jonny