SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

So now I'm bummed.

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-06, 11:42 AM
MongooseGA
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts
Default So now I'm bummed.

Took this last night after I pulled the SC in the driveway. She just rolled 47,000 miles.

To add to it, I put the e-brake on to park but somehow forgot to put the car in park. She rolled right into my garage door. Now I've got some nice battle wounds on my back bumper.

*Edit: fixed.

Last edited by MongooseGA; 03-26-06 at 12:00 PM.
Old 03-26-06, 11:53 AM
Batmobile
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

no sir picture does not show
Old 03-26-06, 11:56 AM
MongooseGA
Racer

Fixed in first post.

Last edited by MongooseGA; 03-26-06 at 12:00 PM.
Old 03-26-06, 11:59 AM
21ce
Intermediate

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts
Post still no good buddy

still doesn't show up in the link ... that really sucks i almost did that with my talon the other week...
Old 03-26-06, 12:02 PM
neurocity
Neu`roc´i`ty

Received 76 Likes on 39 Posts

Wow, everyone seems to be having some sort of "Damage the SC" week. I think I'm going to drive my Acura today!
Old 03-26-06, 12:09 PM
MongooseGA
Racer

Originally Posted by neuro4you@
Wow, everyone seems to be having some sort of "Damage the SC" week. I think I'm going to drive my Acura today!
You've hear that accidents always happen within like 2 miles of the home? I guess it's true, because the whole night I was about 45 minutes away at a bar/restaurant.

HTF does someone forget to put the car in park? In my defense, it was early this morning and I was tired...
Old 03-26-06, 01:20 PM
95 Integra
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MongooseGA
You've hear that accidents always happen within like 2 miles of the home? I guess it's true, because the whole night I was about 45 minutes away at a bar/restaurant.

HTF does someone forget to put the car in park? In my defense, it was early this morning and I was tired...

Its 5 miles and its those silly statistics playing tricks on you. Yes, it is true, but considering that most people do most of their driving within 5 miles of their house you can see why its true. Its like I go to work, the store, the mall, etc and its all within 5 miles out my house.....thus, the likely hood of me having a wreck within that area is much much higher.
Old 03-26-06, 01:45 PM
MongooseGA
Racer

Originally Posted by 95 Integra
Its 5 miles and its those silly statistics playing tricks on you. Yes, it is true, but considering that most people do most of their driving within 5 miles of their house you can see why its true. Its like I go to work, the store, the mall, etc and its all within 5 miles out my house.....thus, the likely hood of me having a wreck within that area is much much higher.
Whatever it is... I was just being sarcastic.

Dammit it, though. I spent all night driving through dangerous rain and did fine. Nothing happened until I got home, right in the driveway.
Old 03-26-06, 02:00 PM
roo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MongooseGA
To add to it, I put the e-brake on to park but somehow forgot to put the car in park. She rolled right into my garage door. Now I've got some nice battle wounds on my back bumper.
I left my hood popped a few weeks back and had to rush out to meet with someone. Needless to say, carbon hood popped on a windy day meant disaster. The hood flew up and slammed into the windsheild. Overall the hood held up except the two pointed corners which cracked. The windsheild was safe. (wouldn't have been if it was the stock hood ) Don't be too hard on yourself, everyone makes mistakes. Accepting them and learning from them is all we can do.
Old 03-26-06, 02:16 PM
LGR95SC300
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I stopped at the corner store on my way out one morning. Started freaking out because I couldn't get the key out of the ignition. Several moments later I realized I had set the e-brake and not put the car in Park Guess I had a flash back to my standard. LOL stupid things happen to everyone. Just more so early Monday mornings
Old 03-26-06, 03:08 PM
kietlander
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts

how did u get the keys out if the car was not in park? in my car i only pull the ebrake. i dont put it into gear to park ,it never rolls.
Old 03-26-06, 03:10 PM
MongooseGA
Racer

Originally Posted by kietlander
how did u get the keys out if the car was not in park? in my car i only pull the ebrake. i dont put it into gear to park ,it never rolls.
The keys were still in the ignition, car was running, still in reverse (I back into my driveway).

As I was taking the picture, the e-brake was on and the car was rolling back. My sister had the door open and was yelling, "G.A.... G.A...! G.A.!!!!!" as I rolled into the door.
Old 03-26-06, 06:53 PM
neurocity
Neu`roc´i`ty

I left my hood popped a few weeks back and had to rush out to meet with someone. Needless to say, carbon hood popped on a windy day meant disaster. The hood flew up and slammed into the windsheild. Overall the hood held up except the two pointed corners which cracked. The windsheild was safe. (wouldn't have been if it was the stock hood ) Don't be too hard on yourself, everyone makes mistakes. Accepting them and learning from them is all we can do
You had it on ebay after that....or was it another one I saw

MongooseGA
Dude, dont kick yourself over it. I once wired a remote start wrong, and left the car in first gear then showing off my new remote start in front of everyone...I launched it into my moms Benz....flippin thing jumped like eight feet before it died!!! Thats one hell of a starter motor.

Do like Ron Popeil....Fix it, and Forget it!!!
Old 03-26-06, 07:25 PM
MongooseGA
Racer

The damage is really minor. I showed my girl friend tonight and she told me to stop being a whiney baby because she couldn't see anything.
Old 03-26-06, 07:30 PM
neurocity
Neu`roc´i`ty

I showed my girl friend tonight and she told me to stop being a whiney baby because she couldn't see anything
Go a take a file to the top of one of her dress shoes.....Ones she loves...She'll get the idea of what your talking about...

You may have to retrieve your ********* from the front lawn there after, but its the price you pay for understanding my man

Quick Reply: So now I'm bummed.