SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

sc300 turbos has any body heard of this company?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-01, 08:39 AM
hamid
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.turbochargers.com/

they have a starter kit for the SC300 for 1500 dollars, check it out here:

http://www.turbochargers.com/starterkits.htm

I emailed them and at first I had to ask for NA supra kit because I guess the guy got confused or something, I think it didnt occur to him that NA supras and SC300's are the same engine type. I emailed them, they said 1500 dollars for the kit, it is good for 300 HP, or upgrade the turbo for $250 and it will be bigger and up to 550 HP.

this sounds like a good deal to me, let me know what you guys think

thanks

Hamid
Old 08-31-01, 09:26 AM
hamid
Pole Position

I just got another message from them, it has:

Tial wastegate, Garrett turbo, Turbonetics manifold

is the turbonetics manifold the same as the Fmax one?

later

Hamid
Old 08-31-01, 08:18 PM
933005spd
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default check older posts

You will see that the NA Supra and our SC300's have a different intake/exhaust configuration thus these kits wont work.

good luck
Old 08-31-01, 08:27 PM
hamid
Pole Position

after emailing back and forth, they said it would. why wouldnt it, why would the have different configurations for the EXACT same motor?

Hamid
Old 08-31-01, 11:55 PM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

umm 933005spd, it IS the same EXACT head

you're getting the TT head confused with the NA head

the 2jz-GE motor is the same across the board no matter what car its in except for the valve cover... which either has a lexus emblem or a Toyota emblem...

that sounds VERY intriguing

Hamid, you are the ****ing man!!!

did they say exactly what size turbo this was?
the only thing that kit doesn't have is the headgasket which can be purchased... the AIC, and the intercooler...
the stock Supra TT intercooler can be used and I bet Fmax or Toyomoto will sell their downpipe and intercooler piping seperately...
this sounds like a damn good deal...
thats a damn divided exhaust side on the turbo; those spool really well

If you can get the specs, please do...

Last edited by Bean; 09-01-01 at 12:01 AM.
Old 09-01-01, 07:43 AM
hamid
Pole Position

I just emailed them back to ask what model of turbo, I think it may be the same one as the Fmax one, that t3/t04E I think that is what it is. but I will let you know for sure soon.

Hamid
Old 09-01-01, 09:51 AM
soarer 300
Lead Lap

I saw a post about them on Supraforums...Don't know too much about them. Looks like a good starter kit and manifold.

I wouldn't want to be the guinea pig, so I'll leave it up to you..
Old 09-01-01, 11:36 AM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic

I emailed them and asked them for the specs too

the Fmax is a T04E with a 60-1 compressor side, .58 A/R on the exhaust side with a O-trim wheel

a T3/T4 is a small *** turbo; the one in the pic is not a T3/T4, and the fmax or toyomoto it are not T3/T4s (thank god); thats a 2jz-ge manifold in the pic too if i'm not mistaken
Old 09-01-01, 12:33 PM
soarer 300
Lead Lap

I don't think $1500 would end up being all that good of a deal.... Here is why:

You still need to order/get made:

I/C pipes
Downpipe
Injectors
Fuel Pump
Intercooler
Head Gasket
BOV
Coating on turbo parts and manifold
etc., etc. (I am probably forgetting some things)

I think by the time you sourced everything seperately and put it all together you would have the same amount of $$$ in it, and a lot more headache. Also, I wouldn't count on the toyomoto or fmax downpipe or i/c piping working, because that header could position the turbo in a different spot (even if it is just by a little bit you would still have to do something about it).

Another thing I noticed was that the website said "FROM $1500", and I assume it depends on application, so are you guys sure it is only $1500 for the SC300/NA Supra one? I am sure the $1500 kit is something with a very small turbo (like T3/T4), and if you wanted a 60-1, or T60 or something like that it would be more money. Have they been replying to the emails?

Anyways, just my opinion

-Ethan (Ebanks) on Cory's computer
Old 09-01-01, 02:04 PM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic

well the fmax and toyo kits don't come with the fuel pump

and if the IC pipes don't line up right; it wouldn't be too much of an issue to get them bent to where they do

I'm pretty much set on the Fmax kit; I've seen the manifold here locally and I don't see the problems that so many claim it has... Fmax has always been the **** when it comes to turbo kits as far as Honda/Acura goes...
if the mani is bad; I'll buy a toyomoto one or something

suprastore.com sells the fmax kit with a FMIC
Old 09-01-01, 10:40 PM
MadMaxSC400
Lexus Test Driver

Default Heh..

And the 1UZ-FE motor is the same across the board. Riiiiight. I just got back from DynoSpot Racing, and I am disappointed tonight because the exact same engine that is on the GS400 totally differs from my SC400, meaning that the guys have to get schematics for my ECU. Also, the intake manifold is totally different, the ECU's in a totally different place with different wiring.
The blocks might be the same, maybe even the heads, but other than that (important things like headers and intake manifolds) are likely to be different. Anyone who isn't damn sure about what will work with what is suspect in my book. If you can say with certainty that it's the same motor, heads and intake, go for it.
Old 09-01-01, 11:01 PM
Ebanks
Lexus Champion

It is the same motor. In fact we just put a used turbo kit off an N/A supra on my buddies SC300, not one single problem. The ECU is also the same other than accessories, because we used the same VPC with it.

-Ethan
Old 09-02-01, 12:30 AM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic

the heads are the same therefore they have the same bolt pattern therefore negating spacial constraints, a manifold, header or whatever WILL fit on the other motor if it fits on the first

you mean the 1uz-fe is the V8 right? i'm still not keen on those engine codes or anything...

but its the same; they sell seperate full kits for the SC300/GS300/NA Supra because of intercooler piping issues... but thats it
Old 09-06-01, 12:43 PM
CmputerWiz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Bean

I'm pretty much set on the Fmax kit; I've seen the manifold here locally and I don't see the problems that so many claim it has... Fmax has always been the **** when it comes to turbo kits as far as Honda/Acura goes...
if the mani is bad; I'll buy a toyomoto one or something

suprastore.com sells the fmax kit with a FMIC
Hey man, I just got off the phone with SupraStore and F-Max, ordered my kit. Since our cars won't work with a regular open blow off valve, and the F-Max comes with a closed-loop one, I got some different parts. If you tell SupraStore that you want the HKS Super Sequential Blow Off Valve in place of the regular one, they'll relay that over to F-Max and they'll put the correct flange on for that one. That way you still get open-air blow off, cool sound, more power, AND can still idle. All hard pipes, FMIC, etc.

They're saying maybe as little as 6 weeks lead time on the turbo kit, but still quoting 8 to be safe. They said at the end of summer it's usually only 6.

I'm also getting the Walbro 250 fuel pump, like $190 I think they cost. And SupraStore has a great price on the F-Max kit.

SR

btw....anyone want a brand new ProCharger PSC1?
Old 09-06-01, 02:53 PM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic

yeah suprastore has badass prices

rollhard.com has an even better price on the fmax kit actually

i dunno if they pull the thing with the HKS super sequential

i'd rather have a TurboXS Type-H Racing BOV...

you think a HKS can handle 21psi?

glad you got a turbo kit man... i plan on getting mine after i sell my 300zx and RX-7 and save up some money

know anyone that wants a 90 Twinturbo 300zx automatic for cheap? its in damn good condition

Quick Reply: sc300 turbos has any body heard of this company?