SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Just wercked my SC

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-06, 10:35 AM
5spdSC300
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Just wercked my SC

While i was cruising around last night, i hit a slick spot (it was raining) going around 45-50mph on a slight turn. Needless to say i lost it and the back end swung around causing the left side to tag the curb hopping over into some bushes. I will get some pics up later this week. I just needed to vent a litte since i just got my car running good with all the bugs shorted out in Jan earlier this year . Most of the damage is on the right side. I f'ed up the supsension pretty bad seeing that my right wheels are sitting face down on my drive way. Imagine the "back to the future" car when the wheels turn down when it flies away.

On a good note, i walked away form it with no injuries and the motor is undamaged . Im not sure what i plan to do with the car. i know i will most likely keep the motor/drivetrain and probably look for a replacment SC to swap my parts over to. I was thinking of keeping the shell for a race car but my gf thinks im crazy. It doesn't look to be any frame damage but the body looks pretty f'ed up. I wouldn't mind selling the car minus the motor and drivetrain if someone was intrested. I should have some pics up shortly

You live and your learn...life happens. Im going to have to be more careful when its raining and the stock 16" wheels with crappy tires definitely didn't help much either.

**EDIT** Heres the damage.

Last edited by 5spdSC300; 03-30-06 at 01:04 PM.
Old 03-28-06, 10:43 AM
kietlander
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts

yeah i hear its been raining like no other back home... my home... good thing ur ok though man. see your lucky you only have rain... imagine driving your car in the snow..... its scarry. BUT fun at the same time. my SC doesnt go anywhere in the snow.... lol
Old 03-28-06, 10:54 AM
Jewcano
No Sir, I Don't Like It

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

They should have made it with a better weight ratio......allot of the accidents dealing with SC's alone, is because taking a turn and the back flying around....its too damn light. Diddo happened with me and another guy on the forums. Good thing you are safe though thats always a plus
Old 03-28-06, 11:52 AM
SUPRMSC
Lexus Test Driver

Im really sorry to hear what happened man. Our cars are notorious for losing the rear while making a turn. I had to pour sweat & blood in order to fix my car and make her back to normal. JUST EVERYONE PLEASE BECAREFUL WITH THEIR SC'S!

It seems like we're losing one everyday.

Here are some things I learned the hardway:

1. Never drive in the rain while you're in unfamiliar terrain or city
2. Never drive in the rain while on the freeway PERIOD.
3. Always have good tires with good water evacuation and treadwear. www.tirerack.com for a good source of tire quality.
4. Update your suspension components as the car ages
5. Never accellerate hard during a turn which will almost guarentee you losing control of the rear
6. Drifting is ****ing gay

Take care of your SC's learn your car first before driving hard or driving in the rain.
Old 03-28-06, 11:54 AM
Jewcano
No Sir, I Don't Like It

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

[QUOTE=Idrewfelix
5. Never accellerate hard during a turn which will almost guarentee you losing control of the rear
[/QUOTE]

Thats word for word what happened to me.
Old 03-28-06, 11:58 AM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Sorry to hear this man I hate signing in to CL and seeing this thread title. Hope you can get her fixed and back to good health if possible.

Do you have insurance?

Jonny
Old 03-28-06, 12:00 PM
SWSC400
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What was the posted speed limit of the turn? Main thing is that you are not hurt, you'll fix it...it's only a car.
Old 03-28-06, 12:08 PM
933005spd
Lead Lap

Yeah, I lost Lexy version 1.0 that way...

Well, maybe not quite that way, but yeah, lost the rear end.

Sorry to hear buddy.
Old 03-28-06, 12:31 PM
whiteSc3
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jewtheist
They should have made it with a better weight ratio......allot of the accidents dealing with SC's alone, is because taking a turn and the back flying around....its too damn light. Diddo happened with me and another guy on the forums. Good thing you are safe though thats always a plus
The weight dist. is fine, you need to work on your driving.

*And for anyone who thinks this car is hard to control, do not ever consider a rear/mid engine car. Go ahead sell the lex and buy a front engine, front wheel drive. I don't understand why so many people have trouble driving these cars?????
Old 03-28-06, 12:37 PM
xirforever
Lead Lap

TRACK CAR!!!!

Originally Posted by 90redsupra

*And for anyone who thinks this car is hard to control, do not ever consider a rear/mid engine car. Go ahead sell the lex and buy a front engine, front wheel drive. I don't understand why so many people have trouble driving these cars?????
Agreed

(If you are sportin' good tires)
Old 03-28-06, 12:45 PM
5spdSC300
Lead Lap

Thanks for all the support guys.

Idrewfelix: I never realized how loose the back end could get. I should have known though, with a small single and crap for tires. That ****** swung around so quick that there was virtually nothing i could do.

Dx3: I only have liablilty so having the insurance take care of it is outta the question. I'll look at the damage more in depth this weekend but i think im probably better off just finidng another one and swapping my parts over.

SWSC400: I believe the posted limit was 40mph so i was driving a little faster than the posted limit but i was not expecting the back end to kick out and as fast as it did.
Old 03-28-06, 12:45 PM
933005spd
Lead Lap

Work on my driving??

Come on now, are you saying that me taking that exit ramp at 80 back in 96 was to blame for the wreck???

LOL: yeah, I think your right (at least in my case)
Old 03-28-06, 12:52 PM
Last5Spd
Pole Position

i cant imagine daily driving my sc.. reason being is just things like this.. i keep my sc out of the rain. too many crazy drivers on california roads when its raining.
Old 03-28-06, 12:52 PM
SCoupe
Lexus Test Driver

I am very sorry to learn that your SC3 project car is this badly damaged. It's hard to swallow, especially knowing first hand the time and effort it takes to get it how you want it. Yours sounds terminal, gratefully mine is repairable and fully covered.

That's three CL forum SC300's in wrecks in the past week, this has got to end. See my other post on $C300 's thread here for pix of his and mine. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=207967
Old 03-28-06, 12:54 PM
5spdSC300
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 90redsupra

My previous car was a MR2 turbo and that was a scary car to drive fast though the corners. There is no warning when the back end will just give. Luckly i didn't crash that car. The SC is a much easier car to control. As mentioned before, my problems were the tires and the wet roads. Im not trying to take blame off myself but those things contributed. I had a set of supra wheels that were suppose to go on the car when i got TIRES .

Quick Reply: Just wercked my SC