SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

soooo, I found another SC. an RSP one...but.....

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-06, 11:48 AM
DETUNED
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default soooo, I found another SC. an RSP one...but.....

FOr those of you that know me, I built a single turbo built 6 speed 2jzgte SC for the past year and just recently sold it 3 weeks ago.

After selling it, I've been missing it and have been wanting to build one again, but this time it having to be a 97+.

Now, I found an RSP sc with black/tan and have been talking to this guy back and forth for a few days now. Everything sounds good and he even offerend to pay for my plane ticket.

Now, since this is a rare color everyone seems to want one. my concern is, there are 2 HIGH HP ones, both very very clean and built right. one that ryan woon has that has 900plus rwhp and the one from coastal that is sure to have 800 plus at the wheels. Should I stay away from this color, especiall since coastal is in Tampa and I'm in Orlando?

this question kinda goes out to Chino and VJRC51, since they both live in Central florida and their cars are almost identical.

Peter
Old 04-10-06, 11:57 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

I would go for it bro. Are you going to go all the way like you did with your previous SC?
Old 04-10-06, 12:41 PM
VJ RC51
Lexus Champion

I really don't mind that chino copys my car. Its like asking two civic owners that own the same color car.. it really dont matter. In the end get what you want. I want a single turbo 1jzgte. i really dont care what color my car is, the design of my rims, or who else drives one like it around town. Its my car, i got my goals (over 500rwhp 11sec daily 1jzgte auto sc). Thats all that matters. Having Chino around is fun for little ego races while i'm still on the twins. 300rwhp is nothing to get excited over.

Get the car. If you like RSP and its the year you want, whats stopping you. It should make you want RSP even more if two shop cars have them built up, and u know u can do the same or better without having that backing.
Old 04-10-06, 01:02 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 350 Likes on 226 Posts

Who cares how many of them are out there. If you are the only one that means you bought an ugly color
Old 04-10-06, 01:18 PM
bmsport
Lead Lap

Jeez who cares, RSP is hot, get it. I knew someone who used to have a 2JZGTE swapped auto RSP in Tampa i think it was, i think he sold it though for like $18k or so.
Old 04-10-06, 01:47 PM
platinumJZZ31
Rookie

I say just do what you want.

BUT, if you decide not to get it, please put me in touch with that guy. is it manual?
Old 04-10-06, 01:58 PM
ki_soarer
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

get it bro!

i still want to see the other one you were telling me about.

better keep an eye on this thread... when chino gets home its all going south. always someone starting crap.
Old 04-10-06, 04:06 PM
SUPRMSC
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by VJ RC51
I really don't mind that chino copys my car..
So he copied your car right? I'll wait till Chino chimes in on this
Old 04-10-06, 04:24 PM
ki_soarer
Lexus Champion

yea, since chino only had his car a year and a half longer.

ric, i think most orlando guys wanna watch you cry when you get whats comming to you.

peter... dont get the RSP one... the other one is sexy as hell.
Old 04-10-06, 04:26 PM
boobstar
Lexus Test Driver

i would get it. i mean what are your other options anyway? im sure pretty much every other color has been done as well. the only difference i see is that they are both in florida but still im sure there is one thing here or there you can do to make yours stand out just a little bit more
Old 04-10-06, 04:33 PM
got_trd
Lexus Champion

Peter, get the RSP dude.... no one around here has one and it'd be nice if i could see a high hp rsp sc300 every once in a while.. i remember back when u were debating about painting ur car RSP and now you found one that already is so go for it.......

As for VJ RC51, ur sayin u dont care if i copy ur car?? lmao... look at my join date and look at your join date... that is all
Old 04-10-06, 05:47 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

haha, the 900 HP SC is insane! I had a chance to sit in it before when Mike is the owner...

Do you know now the SC is for sale over SF for 55K?? What a steal!!

Go for it man! That's the rareist color!! Love the interior combo too!!
Old 04-10-06, 06:02 PM
Twirl
Pole Position

Originally Posted by DETUNED
Now, since this is a rare color everyone seems to want one. my concern is, there are 2 HIGH HP ones, both very very clean and built right. one that ryan woon has that has 900plus rwhp and the one from coastal that is sure to have 800 plus at the wheels. Should I stay away from this color, especiall since coastal is in Tampa and I'm in Orlando?
Like your last sc was a beater. Too modest man, your last one was a monster, can't wait to see this beast evolve. =) Good luck on the new build.
Old 04-10-06, 06:09 PM
Luv Da Lex
Lexus Test Driver

do it! RSP= SEXY plus isnt it 97+ what more can you ask for?
Old 04-10-06, 06:17 PM
Aries
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get the RSP. The color is beautiful. Ever since I bought my car, I've been loving it like crazy. Plus it gets a lot of attention and lots of random people commenting.

Quick Reply: soooo, I found another SC. an RSP one...but.....