SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Recent Events

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-01, 03:20 PM
London Bill
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Guys,

You have not been accessible from here since the tragic events you suffered in the US, here is a message from Jimi King, LSOC Founder which is echoed by all of us in the UK.

"LSOC NEWS, SEPTEMBER 11th

This club has a large number of American members. It is possible that some of those members may have lost a friend or relative in the tragic events that prevailed in the USA on Tuesday 11th September. If that is so, then please be assured that the thoughts of everyone who frequents our small community here go out to you, as they do to all of the American people at this dreadful time. We too are shaken by the horror of it all."

Best Regards,
Bill Lewis.
Old 09-12-01, 04:57 PM
The Ikon
Lexus Champion

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Those are kind words Bill......

May the God to which we pray and believe continue to give us strength...

Thomas
Old 09-12-01, 05:56 PM
933005spd
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default time to stick together

Thanks and it is appreciated. What can I say. It is a tragic loss and the lives altertered are unimaginable.

take care everyone. Peace & God Bless!
Old 09-13-01, 02:36 AM
MadMaxSC400
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

I really feel ill. I've been feeling this way since Tuesday morning, and the feeling is just kind of galvanizing in my gut. No matter how far a stretch this may be, this kind of thing relates to our cars. We have the distinct luxury of being able to enjoy such things in life. Many places (Tudor comes to mind) don't have the luxury of being able to cruise around in their big, comfortable cars thinking about turbos, ECUs and coil-over suspension. There are far too many people in the world living under the oppression of zealotry. Japan, the all-important source of cool stuff and culture was once an oppressed nation ruled by zealots.

We gave Japan a good *****-slap and look what happened. I can only hope that the same thing happens with the middle east. If we're lucky, we can get them to snap out of it and stop the fighting, hate and most importantly terrorism. The attack on the World Trade Center is a direct assault on all of us, our way of life and our freedom.

My heart is hurting for all of you out there who have suffered in this most destructive, evil event.

The next time you admire your car remember that you have the luxury to do so, and that it's worth fighting for.
Old 09-13-01, 07:15 PM
VQT
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

So far, all my friends and people I know made it home fine, one friend of mine sometimes work in WTC, so glad that he didn't have to work there Tuesday, he was at the other building about 4 block north.

Many people around here (Philadelphia area) and at least two people live in my town, Fairless Hills, did not make it home Train parking lots in NJ still have a lot of park cars that have been parked there since Tuesday, the authority began to look at the plates to find out the owners...this is sad