SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)
View Poll Results: Do you visit places to get looks?
All the time!
16.67%
A few times
19.30%
I've done it before
35.96%
Never!
22.81%
I'll probably do it when I get my SC
5.26%
Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

Who does this? Be honest if you do!

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-06, 07:29 AM
DriftGirl
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

I havent really seen my sc lately I look forward to the summer month here in Seattle.
Old 04-23-06, 08:12 AM
IronCobra
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Emerald
I havent really seen my sc lately I look forward to the summer month here in Seattle.
Hi Em, when you visit Texas lunch/dinner is on me now that you're a celeb and all
Old 04-24-06, 08:57 AM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 350 Likes on 226 Posts

I think it is petty. When I was young and insecure I definitely rolled.... then I grew up. Online showing off is productive. People give you ideas on how to improve, you get to show SOMEONE all your hard work, but to make effort to go do it in person is just a bit petty IMO. i don't mind snapping a pic, but not going out of my way.
Old 04-24-06, 09:02 AM
IronCobra
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by O. L. T.
I think it is petty. When I was young and insecure I definitely rolled.... then I grew up. Online showing off is productive. People give you ideas on how to improve, you get to show SOMEONE all your hard work, but to make effort to go do it in person is just a bit petty IMO. i don't mind snapping a pic, but not going out of my way.
So is that a Yes? j/k
Old 04-24-06, 09:50 AM
DriftGirl
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by IronCobra
Hi Em, when you visit Texas lunch/dinner is on me now that you're a celeb and all
naw...Im just lil Em...same gal as always.

If I happen 2 make it down that way.... Lunch is on me
Old 04-24-06, 10:48 AM
VJ RC51
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When i have my rims on, sure.. but now im rockin the OEM lowered look because i have no $$ for tires.

So i basically cruise to ricer meets and enjoy the OEM look and how no one thinks its fast because its not aftermarket'ed out exterior wise.
Old 04-24-06, 02:02 PM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by lexiss_sc400
In LA I feel like $h!t.. There are soo many nice cars 100k+ Bentleys, Ferraris, lambos... the list goes on....
Lol, yeah man tell me about it...I saw this thread and just laughed. I live in LA and just last week there was a Ferrari parked on the street in front of the APARTMENT building next door. Every other car on the road is a Benz, Escalade, or BMW so no one really pays much attention to the SC. I am starting to see many more of them on the road then I did last year around this same time...and a lot of them are on rims, although none are modded beyond that.
Old 04-24-06, 03:19 PM
IronCobra
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by mikeloc24
Lol, yeah man tell me about it...I saw this thread and just laughed. I live in LA and just last week there was a Ferrari parked on the street in front of the APARTMENT building next door. Every other car on the road is a Benz, Escalade, or BMW so no one really pays much attention to the SC. I am starting to see many more of them on the road then I did last year around this same time...and a lot of them are on rims, although none are modded beyond that.
What's interesting to me is how many people who own highend cars actually love the SC..

SW is a prime example of someone we all know. Also a friend of mine in Florida who is about 65 and owns multiple high rise condos is another. He drives brand new CL600s.. that's all he buys and he gets a new one every 2 years. We would have drinks every weekend and he would always compliment my car. He said that he had a SC400 when they first came out and has had several since. He was angry that the SC430 was so far from the original design of the SC300/400. He actualy said "if you think of selling that car let me know!" I don't know how serious he was, but I never actually told him when I did think about selling my car.. Perhaps I should have.
Old 04-24-06, 11:42 PM
RSTSpeed
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by IronCobra
so many people ask "is that a new model Lexus?"... this happens at gas stations more than anywhere
I get the "what year is that.... 1993?! ! ****!!!!!", and have gotten a few questions about the paint (which is just stock silver spruce, hrmm.)

Originally Posted by Xevuhtess7
when i pass pedestrians i often look in the mirror to see if they're looking at me
Hehe, I do that like IronCobra does - drive the long way THROUGH campus and see what attention I get.
Old 04-25-06, 12:08 AM
DriftGirl
Lexus Champion

I think a true auto enthusiast respects and admires the timeless design of the sc400 / 300. The car just has sexy lines that will never go outta style
Old 04-25-06, 01:55 PM
ummagawd
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

guilty as charged!

although I've never gone out of my way to do so.... if the spectating crowd isn't out of the way... i make a quick stop.

I do however always make a "round" somewhere before I park though.

BTW... Em congrats on the maxim shoot... who's green S2?
Old 04-25-06, 02:02 PM
racinstyle
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 1 Post

I dont flaunt my ****, as I dont want anything to be stolen. I learned that hard from when my accord got stolen right in front of my place. I go to car meets and chill with my friends, but I dont go around random places flossing my goods.
Old 04-27-06, 09:42 AM
lfrers
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default .

I read this and LOL. I'm proud of the SC. You can keep your Ferrari, Lamb, BMW, Benz etc. You start crying as soon as you see the first Ding/scratch on it. Life is too short. i got better things to spend my $$$ on. Mostly vacations with beach time, drinks with umbrellas, and cool clubs.

Sort of on topic:

Who here vents boost near a crowd of pedestrians or waits to vent when passing someone with an open window. That's when you get lot of looks. In LA no one else really notices unless the SC is really flashy like Emerald's. Unless it's parked in front of a Starbucks for example. They are the same types. They just attract attention in a different way. Guilty as charged.
Old 04-27-06, 09:48 AM
ummagawd
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hehe i got something to add...

since i'm on air... i super attract attention.... the sounds of 130+ PSI dumping through a 3/8" port is very loud, coupled with the sight of a modded SC getting lower and lower is priceless
Old 04-29-06, 05:11 PM
srg
Rookie

I live in one of the most afluent areas in LA. There's a constant parade of Ferraris, Bentleys, Lambo's, Maseratis, etc. every day.

I don't think anyone ever notices my car. Its disgusting how much people here will spend for a car. Exotics and Supercars. Just daily drivers to the market and back home. You can see 10 million dollars pass by per minute. A 98 SC is too common here. A Japanese Volkswagen.

Quick Reply: Who does this? Be honest if you do!