SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)
View Poll Results: Do you visit places to get looks?
All the time!
16.67%
A few times
19.30%
I've done it before
35.96%
Never!
22.81%
I'll probably do it when I get my SC
5.26%
Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

Who does this? Be honest if you do!

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-06, 04:05 PM
IronCobra
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Who does this? Be honest if you do!

Who makes extra effort to frequent a place because you know that people will look and admire your SC? I'm not going to lie, when I get done washing and waxing my car I like to drive it around town so people can glance at her pretty self... but.. I would have to say that I do visit Starbucks quite often and probably drink more Lattes than I should because I know that I will get a stare from Starbucks customers.

What about you all? I hope I'm not the only one here... that would be embarrassing
Old 04-22-06, 05:04 PM
Lexiss_sc430
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

haha I feel ya... In most places in the valley my car gets a lotta looks and every few blocks someone tries to race...

In LA I feel like $h!t.. There are soo many nice cars 100k+ Bentleys, Ferraris, lambos... the list goes on.... I’ve seen almost every crazy car you could think of in or around BH... name it weather its parked in a gallery or in front of u on wilshire.. It makes me want to cry

Tommy
Old 04-22-06, 05:07 PM
onebadshot
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its what I bought the car for, im still yet to see another SC 300 or 400 when im driving mine.
Old 04-22-06, 05:19 PM
np20412
Lexus Test Driver

Received 347 Likes on 242 Posts

I used to do it a lot when I was in high school, I would drive by the movie theatre on friday nights before I went out so that people would look, usually they were other high school or college kids hanging out there so everyone would look when I revved the engine bhaha how lame was I

Nowadays I might take the "LONG" drive through campus on afternoons to get a few looks from students as they walk to class
Old 04-22-06, 07:50 PM
southernsc
Lexus Champion

Ive never done it, probably because once im done detailing it i want to leave it in the garage for as long as possible because i dont want it to get dirty
Old 04-22-06, 08:11 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I do like to do most of my shopping in the more affluent section of the city. I get more looks there. I guess it's because people who drive nice cars like to admire other nice cars.

Last night I was at the Towers Shoppes where they have the Fri nite car gathering. I'm gauking at this yellow Lambo Gallardo with color matched Avus wheels when a british sounding huy comes over and starts a conversation. He thought it was my car. When he found out it wasn't he asked where mine was. I pointed out my platinumsc and the guy said, "you're over here making a fuss about this car when you drive that?". I thought he was crazy. I didn't believe he was serious but he was. Go figure.
Old 04-22-06, 08:26 PM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by southernsc
Ive never done it, probably because once im done detailing it i want to leave it in the garage for as long as possible because i dont want it to get dirty
LOL. you're just like me! I detail the car, then off to storage it goes. Then it gets dusty from sitting there, then the crazy cycle repeats!

Back on topic, YES, I've been known to do that a few times. It's hard to avoid when the car is shiny and the wheels are blingin'...
Old 04-22-06, 08:43 PM
jdmtruong
Lead Lap

No need. I get enough attention holding my helmet going to school.
Old 04-22-06, 10:05 PM
soarer1023
Lead Lap

my car got lots of attention already, but i did a few times just go to out and see how much attention i get, espeaically after cleaning her up, hehe
Old 04-22-06, 10:08 PM
atekt
Lexus Test Driver

Hell ya I do it. I get my baby waxed and take it to "local hangouts" or whatever...And its funny cause there is no Sc's here so its a shock to everyone..I love it lol
Old 04-22-06, 10:10 PM
IronCobra
Lexus Champion

so many people ask "is that a new model Lexus?"... this happens at gas stations more than anywhere
Old 04-22-06, 10:27 PM
Xevuhtess7
Pole Position

i dont go out to drive for the sole purpose of showing off my car, but its always in the back of my mind when im driving around for whatever reason. when i pass pedestrians i often look in the mirror to see if they're looking at me
Old 04-23-06, 02:26 AM
southernsc
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by IronCobra
so many people ask "is that a new model Lexus?"... this happens at gas stations more than anywhere
I get that all the time at gas stations, and everyone always gets the dumbfounded look when i tell them how old the car is
Old 04-23-06, 02:37 AM
SUPRMSC
Lexus Test Driver

There isnt anything wrong with doing that. Unless you're doing NOTHING but driving around.

I go to the occasional cafe or restaurant to grab something light to eat to give myself an excuse to drive on a nice day.

And on the following day at a car meet, people go "hey! I saw your car down so-and-so blvd!"
Old 04-23-06, 07:11 AM
atekt
Lexus Test Driver

^^^^Agreed, I do it but not all the time.

Quick Reply: Who does this? Be honest if you do!