SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Jiffy Lube Damaged My SC

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-06, 02:48 PM
Project300
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nasty

You have every right to be upset and you should expect compensation. Even if they just smoked in the car that would be out of line, but those burn marks are beyond nasty. If Jiffy Lube doesn't fix it then your dad should cuz you asked him not to go there and he did anyway.
Old 05-02-06, 02:55 PM
sonic113
Rookie

what do you think i should do to fix it? i dont have any up close pictures of the panel before i took it to jiffy lube, and thus i have no proof that they did it.
Old 05-02-06, 09:30 PM
SinisterSC
Lead Lap

If you don't smoke you have nothing to worry about.
Old 05-03-06, 08:08 AM
TRD_Power
Lead Lap

Received 78 Likes on 66 Posts

go out and look for a good all purpose cleaner made for cars and scrub it out but you don't wanna scrub too hard or you'll rub off the finish, so b e careful.
Old 05-03-06, 02:29 PM
Hai_Nguyen
Pole Position

Just file a claim, you shouldn't have to put up for something someone else did to YOUR car. I know I would be just as pissed off if that happened. It doesnt matter if the damage is big or not, the fact is that they neglected to provide you with quality service every customer deserves. MAKE THEM PAY FOR IT!
Old 05-04-06, 09:40 PM
TMaxxTim
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you don't at leat TRY to do something about it, nothing will ever get done.
Old 05-05-06, 09:16 AM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 350 Likes on 226 Posts

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=214998
Old 05-05-06, 09:48 AM
Koma

Originally Posted by Idrewfelix
if you're mechanically inclined, you can do an oil change relatively easy.

1. Ensure the motor is off and the engine is cold
2. Use rhino ramps to lift the car or simply jack it up.
3. Place an oil catch container or a bucket under the car.
4. Use a 14mm socket wrench to remove the oil drain bolt off the oil pan.
5. Let oil drain out, but insure you catch the bolt before it falls in your bucket.
6. Give it about an hour until all the oil has drained out.
7. Put a rag under the oil filter, and with a rag remove oil filter firmly and quickly so a minimal amount of oil falls on the engine. Keep filter right side up.
8. Fill and top off new oil filter with oil and replace old filter.
9. Put grease on 14mm bolt and plug the oil pan.
10. Refill engine with 5.25 liters of oil.
11. Put cap back on.

Sometimes its better to let things go then to make every little thing in life a big deal.
12. Start up car.
13. Let it warm up.
14. Check oil levels
15. See if more oil is needed.
Old 05-05-06, 09:54 AM
Koma

I bought my SC off of a Lexus mechanic, since he did all the work to the car originally... he'll still do it now.
Old 05-05-06, 04:03 PM
neurocity
Neu`roc´i`ty

Received 74 Likes on 38 Posts

Hey OLT, I know you are the lighting god, so i just have a question. When i got my car, i think the previous owners didnt fix the broken speedometer needles but instead covered each needle with some ugly *** orange colored plastic thing, which doesnt do anything because you still cant see the needle. Also the speedometer is about 10 mphs off. If i sent my cluster to you, could you fix that?
Sorry if this is off topic.
PM him....
Old 05-05-06, 04:05 PM
sonic113
Rookie

sorrry for the mistake
Old 05-06-06, 07:46 AM
MoogieBoogie
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Jiffy Lube damaged my car too. They didn't secure the bottom engine cover so it came off while driving. Called the file a claim, and they could care less. Even spoke with the regional manager, and he could care less. Did not return my phone calls.

Bottom line, Jiffy Lube people are scum. I would never ever go there for anything.
Old 05-06-06, 08:05 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

If filing a claim doesn't work, here's what I would do.....I've done these before with success:
Tell every customer that walks in, this place rips people off and doesn't stand behind their scew ups.
After they ask you to leave, get a sign and stand on the sidewalk. The sign should say that this place is a rip off.
Show up every chance you get.
Throw something that won't get you in big trouble. I had a disagreement with a nissan dealer. They broke my headlight covers and my car leaked after they did extensive bodywork repair. They tried to disavow any knowledge of the incident. I threw everything on the desk to the floor. They fixed my car. While they were fixing it, I went in the back to talk with the technician who originally worked on my car. I let him know I wasn't upset he made mistakes, I was upset they tried to disclaim it. He admitted his screw ups and apologized.

A furniture store tried to rip me off. After months of being patient and trying to work with them, I went to the crazy method again. I threw everything on a desk to the floor. They took care of the problem that day.

It's very sad that resorting to craziness is necessary to get people to do the right thing. It shouldn't have to be that way. But you gotta do what you gotta do.

Last edited by Ice350; 05-06-06 at 08:09 AM.
Old 05-06-06, 09:48 AM
srg
Rookie

Local NBC TV station did sting on Jiffy Lube. Oil and filter changes and service and tranny flush for their camera hooked up cars.

5 out of 9 Jiffy Lubes in Socal area didnt perform the service and lied about it to the reporters who contacted the regional manager who lied on camera telling the reporters that he was a customer and had nothing to do with Jiffy Lube.

They went on to complain to national and national sent them a refund and did nothing about the regional guy and the other service stations. They wouldn't appear on camera and just sent a one paragraph letter and a check for $ 30.

SCUM OF THE EARTH!!
Old 05-06-06, 02:27 PM
Hai_Nguyen
Pole Position

Originally Posted by reggiek
If filing a claim doesn't work, here's what I would do.....I've done these before with success:
Tell every customer that walks in, this place rips people off and doesn't stand behind their scew ups.
After they ask you to leave, get a sign and stand on the sidewalk. The sign should say that this place is a rip off.
Show up every chance you get.
Throw something that won't get you in big trouble. I had a disagreement with a nissan dealer. They broke my headlight covers and my car leaked after they did extensive bodywork repair. They tried to disavow any knowledge of the incident. I threw everything on the desk to the floor. They fixed my car. While they were fixing it, I went in the back to talk with the technician who originally worked on my car. I let him know I wasn't upset he made mistakes, I was upset they tried to disclaim it. He admitted his screw ups and apologized.

A furniture store tried to rip me off. After months of being patient and trying to work with them, I went to the crazy method again. I threw everything on a desk to the floor. They took care of the problem that day.

It's very sad that resorting to craziness is necessary to get people to do the right thing. It shouldn't have to be that way. But you gotta do what you gotta do.
haha, you are one crazy ****. I always start off with just harrassing and that usually works. I've never tried the crazy route before but I think I just might, thanks!! I'm gonna throw EVERYTHING i can find on the floor!! i'll let you know if it works.

Quick Reply: Jiffy Lube Damaged My SC