SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Sad day for my SC... and me..

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-06, 03:23 PM
Hai_Nguyen
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sad day for my SC... and me.. *NEW PICS*

I had just ordered the Version Select kit from Ted17, as well as some Speedline Corse 2210 online.. My stupid idiot of a brother decides to use my car today so I could do some work on his Benz. Anyways, I went out to UPS freight to pick up my shipment from Ted and I get a call from my brother telling me he got into an accident with MY car. Some guy had crashed into him from the driver side while he was making a left turn (guy ran the red light). So now my car is ****ed up on the driver side, I havent gotten a chance to see it yet but I'm guessing from what he told me my entire door down to the quarter panel is ****ed up along with the rear wheel. I'm just hoping to god its not completely totaled. I'm about to go down to the lot where they currently have my car at (it was towed away) and I'm hoping to take pictures.
I just needed to vent.. I'm really considering not letting anyone drive my car EVER again. This is the 2nd time my car has been in an accident from someone else driving it.
The accident was the other guy's fault so he's gonna be paying for it but it just pisses me off so much especially after just getting the kit in! It wouldn't have been so bad if it were a minor front end collision because i already have a new front bumper but its the SIDE!
Anyways, pics will be up later if they place is still open. I just need to go get a rental car for now..
I think i'm gonna cry!!

Last edited by Hai_Nguyen; 05-06-06 at 02:15 PM.
Old 05-05-06, 03:29 PM
SUPRMSC
Lexus Test Driver

Well since it is the other guys fault, and you have a body kit coming in that would replace some parts, your fortune isnt that bad.

As long as the insurance company doesnt total the car you should be okay. Heck, take it to the tuner body shop and get a widebody or overfenders while you're at it. Make every bad event for the better, I got into a bad accident with my SC and did a complete makeover.

Anyways, good luck to you and post up some pictures when you have the time.
Old 05-05-06, 03:39 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 357 Likes on 229 Posts

Sorry to hear about the car, try and keep the language clean.

PS- quit letting people drive your car.
Old 05-05-06, 03:44 PM
SCguy58
Pole Position

Damn that really sucks!!! But Look at his before and after pics. This actually could be a good thing.
Old 05-05-06, 03:49 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Sorry to hear that man. Well just don't be mad at your bro as it doesn't seem like it was his fault.

Jonny
Old 05-05-06, 03:50 PM
$C300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man that suxx bro, get that thing fixed and baq in tha game.
Old 05-05-06, 03:58 PM
hass
Lexus Champion

Damn sorry to hear about that, hope all turns well for you
-hass
Old 05-05-06, 05:29 PM
0l33l
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Hain
I had just ordered the Version Select kit from Ted17, as well as some Speedline Corse 2210 online.. My stupid idiot of a brother decides to use my car today so I could do some work on his Benz. Anyways, I went out to UPS freight to pick up my shipment from Ted and I get a call from my brother telling me he got into an accident with MY car. Some guy had crashed into him from the driver side while he was making a left turn (guy ran the red light). So now my car is ****ed up on the driver side, I havent gotten a chance to see it yet but I'm guessing from what he told me my entire door down to the quarter panel is ****ed up along with the rear wheel. I'm just hoping to god its not completely totaled. I'm about to go down to the lot where they currently have my car at (it was towed away) and I'm hoping to take pictures.
I just needed to vent.. I'm really considering not letting anyone drive my car EVER again. This is the 2nd time my car has been in an accident from someone else driving it.
The accident was the other guy's fault so he's gonna be paying for it but it just pisses me off so much especially after just getting the kit in! It wouldn't have been so bad if it were a minor front end collision because i already have a new front bumper but its the SIDE!
Anyways, pics will be up later if they place is still open. I just need to go get a rental car for now..
I think i'm gonna cry!!
I feel your pain! My car's been in the shop since the 12th. I tboned a truck who was trying to do a left turn. Obviously his fault. Pics.

There's always a bright side to accidents: new parts! I've got a 97 front bumper, new set of lights, got all dents removed, etc, etc.
Old 05-05-06, 05:42 PM
trent
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Well, at least your brother is all right, the car can be replaced, your brother can't
Old 05-05-06, 06:22 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

chill man, it happened it happened... Just get it fix and lucky you brother is OK since it got hit from the driver's side/....
Old 05-05-06, 07:35 PM
Hai_Nguyen
Pole Position

Yeah you guys are right. I just had to vent. I love my SC more than anything. even my girlfriend!
My brother's fine, i'm gonna make him go to the doctor and make sure. He just has mild whiplash but i'm making him go anyways.
As for the car, the towing place they brought it to was closed so i'm gonna go in the morning, as well as get a rental car.
I'm not really worried anymore, either way i'm gonna give the other guy's insurance company hell depending on how everything goes. but from the looks of it they might declare it as totaled.. And i'm going to force them to either give me a wad of money or get me an even better SC.
I'll take it unless its certain the frame is bent up real bad.. and if that happens i might just part it out for all you CL members. I also looked up my car's value on KBB and it says around $8000. I'm hoping to get more than that..

Idrewfelix - where are your before pics? I've only seen your recent pics, and your car looks gorgeous!

0l33l - Those pics looked painful! lol, i'm glad to hear you were able to recover. I'm hoping to be able to as well..

Thanks to everyone else for the support as well, i'm hoping to get her back soon. I miss my SC so much already.
Old 05-05-06, 08:34 PM
ted17
Pole Position

sorry to hear man hope everything goes ok...atleast your bros ok soo thats good.
Old 05-06-06, 02:06 PM
Hai_Nguyen
Pole Position

Here are some pics of the damage..
Attached Thumbnails Sad day for my SC... and me..-wreck1.jpg  
Old 05-06-06, 02:07 PM
Hai_Nguyen
Pole Position

Attached Thumbnails Sad day for my SC... and me..-wreck2.jpg  
Old 05-06-06, 02:08 PM
Hai_Nguyen
Pole Position

yes its all bent up..
Attached Thumbnails Sad day for my SC... and me..-p5060271.jpg  

Quick Reply: Sad day for my SC... and me..