SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

A day in the AZ Desert (pix)

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-06, 12:53 AM
SUPRMSC
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wildrice09
Hah...thanx for all the comments guys. I know almost all of you guys won't do this in your SC's but just so you know I do run the car pretty hard but I take car of her always, synthetic everything, weekly checkups, etc. She's not going anywere for a long time, only 57k on her right now.
Good to see that you're enjoying your SC without killing your tires.
Old 05-09-06, 10:10 AM
racinstyle
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 1 Post

off roading with an SC....eeekk.....I think ill keep mine on the pavement
Old 05-09-06, 12:38 PM
wildrice09
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Arizona
I miss Az.. I wouldnt do that to my SC but more power to you...

Where abouts do you live in Az and where were you driftin, an indian reservation?
LOL...thanks. We were at a chunk of desert on Hayden just off the 101. There are scrubs there but its open enough so that if you happen to hit a tree then you must really suck at drifting. There's also no dips or holes anywhere which made me a lot more comfortable. I did do a burnout on the dirt and they open diff shined.....one tire dug a big hole in the ground while the other just scratched the surface.
Old 05-09-06, 12:52 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

did you get dings on your bumper?? don't look like a safe place for SC!!
Anyway, you really had some fun!!
Old 05-09-06, 05:22 PM
Inabj2
Lexus Champion

Who is the 240 guy?

Is he from www.az240sx.org?

Im stuck between the nissan and lexus world too (look sig). We should start a azlexus.org or something.

I did the same thing to with mine, on a drive as well.. I know people say they would never do that on the sc. This car was meant to be enjoyed and driven. inside trunk is still dusty :P.

I find it that its particularly harder to do the 180s in the SC then it is on the 240sx, the steering wheel ratio from turn to turn is just to .. loose. It can be done no doubt, but takes more effort. I can't get it to be as tight of a 180 as I can with the S13. One day I hope I can do something about this... not a priority at the moment though.

Last edited by Inabj2; 05-09-06 at 05:26 PM.
Old 05-09-06, 06:03 PM
wildrice09
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Inabj2
Who is the 240 guy?

Is he from www.az240sx.org?

Im stuck between the nissan and lexus world too (look sig). We should start a azlexus.org or something.

I did the same thing to with mine, on a drive as well.. I know people say they would never do that on the sc. This car was meant to be enjoyed and driven. inside trunk is still dusty :P.

I find it that its particularly harder to do the 180s in the SC then it is on the 240sx, the steering wheel ratio from turn to turn is just to .. loose. It can be done no doubt, but takes more effort. I can't get it to be as tight of a 180 as I can with the S13. One day I hope I can do something about this... not a priority at the moment though.
ummm...i'm not sure exactly. I have two friends that have 240s, his was a 95 i believe and my other friend has a 98. I don't think we have enough lexus enthusiasts in AZ, there are barely any on clublexus. Well, if you want to go we might be going to have another desert drifting event on Sunday if you want to come....Where abouts AZ do you live? Send me a PM and i'll let you know exactly when we're going.
Old 05-09-06, 06:21 PM
PsiQo1
Lead Lap

ummm...i'm not sure exactly. I have two friends that have 240s, his was a 95 i believe and my other friend has a 98. I don't think we have enough lexus enthusiasts in AZ, there are barely any on clublexus. Well, if you want to go we might be going to have another desert drifting event on Sunday if you want to come....Where abouts AZ do you live? Send me a PM and i'll let you know exactly when we're going.
marvin your an idiot..hahaha...
i would never do that to my SC except for this weekend.. and only because i got rear ended and im gettin new paint and stuff anyway... oh yeah and Inabj2 lives off the 101 and union hills or something like that by ARROWHEAD...hes a flake ... and hiz real name is Juan...j/k..hes a good guy...
Old 05-09-06, 07:43 PM
wildrice09
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by modaoreoho
i would never do that to my SC except for this weekend.. and only because i got rear ended and im gettin new paint and stuff anyway... oh yeah and Inabj2 lives off the 101 and union hills or something like that by ARROWHEAD...hes a flake ... and hiz real name is Juan...j/k..hes a good guy...
Lol....so i take it your defenately going? I'll have to take you to school on the drifting scene.
Old 05-09-06, 09:59 PM
PsiQo1
Lead Lap

Lol....so i take it your defenately going? I'll have to take you to school on the drifting scene.
never that lil kid!!...you wish...your stuck on camera duty!..no drivin for you, only 5 speeds allowed
Old 05-10-06, 04:15 AM
Inabj2
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by modaoreoho

Ill be working this sunday . And hey now lets tell everyone where I dont live! Im somewhere in the, west side of the valley .

Maybe next time... although if its gonna be dusty maybe Ill bring my 240sx instead. Thats right bring a 240sx when hanging with the lexus guys, and bring the sc300 when hanging with the nissan guys....