I think this one is a better deal (especially for pre-'97 SC's):
http://l-tunedparts.com/product/?id=1649

What is "FRP" anyway?
fiber-reinforced polymer
Old 06-15-06, 12:17 AM
convoy
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

add me to the list of CL members who loves this front lip.
Old 06-15-06, 12:47 AM
Cannonbear
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so do we have an importer that can bring the whole kit in?
Old 06-15-06, 05:08 PM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by ~SC~
For some reason, I got this feeling some know where to get this front lip, but is not willing to share.
I don't think that's the reason... check below...

Man.. I swear, these lips don't cost much to make. These distributors be jacking up the price. It looks more like a $200.00 lip to me, and for all the other add on's as well. It's probably easy as hell to make too!

Opps! Maa bad.. didn't read the thread entirely. Just the lip is 22 yen..; now that's more reasonable but still slightly expensive
Comments like that make distributors very weary of bringing in Products overseas. Also, the majority of the SC crowd is on a "budget." So basically they are unwilling to pay for shipping, taxes, etc etc.

Last edited by AutoCoutureSC; 06-15-06 at 05:14 PM.
Old 06-16-06, 10:23 AM
Jonathan o
Lead Lap

I anyone can get a conection on the intire kit I like know. A group-buy would be great w/deposit upfront. If someone can make it happen I'm all for it.
Old 06-16-06, 10:33 AM
hass
Lexus Champion

I love it!!!
I'm going to contact my sponsor for my acura to see if he can help us out here.
-hass
Old 06-16-06, 01:02 PM
skpark70
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Jonathan o
I anyone can get a conection on the intire kit I like know. A group-buy would be great w/deposit upfront. If someone can make it happen I'm all for it.
First I love this SC forum(im on this section more than other) but when it comes to group buy, a lot of people talk about wanting to do it but when we actually have a GB people flaking out.

I already talk to some vendors but they be more incline if this was for GS/IS but not SC.
Old 06-16-06, 02:33 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by skpark70
First I love this SC forum(im on this section more than other) but when it comes to group buy, a lot of people talk about wanting to do it but when we actually have a GB people flaking out.

I already talk to some vendors but they be more incline if this was for GS/IS but not SC.
Yup.........
Old 06-16-06, 05:09 PM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

Irrelevant If you wanted to say something to me before I responded to the thread, you could have done so. Don't just pick anything to relate on. lol............
WTF?!? Irrelevant? I'm not picking on things to relate on. I can relate to most anything in the SC forum. Been there, done that. I'm not going to argue with you over these forums. I can just meet up with you in person to do that... but then again... why would i either way? skpark70 pretty much summed it up with his statement below.

Originally Posted by skpark70

Do you know how many vendors and/or importers read these threads? They can get anything brought over here into the states. Money talks, BS walks. If people say they're only willing to pay the japanese yen price, it's not going to be worth it. Shipping, currency conversion, taxes, etc etc. They all add into the cost.

Gotta pay to play
Old 06-16-06, 10:17 PM
reamemiya
Pole Position

it's so moody in here.

No offense, but Autocourturesc it seems like you're alway upset about everything with everyone on the forums. All I hear are negative things and complaining. But you know what's up there's no reason to get heated about something when you know you're right.

Vendors/importers can price it at anything they want. If someone's going to be complaining about the price then obviously they're not going to get it. Whining about the price here isn't going to make vendors lower the price so just give up.

And like Autocourture said it takes a lot of money to get large items here. The box containing my wald kit was about 5 feet wide and 8 feet long.

If you want a lip for cheap buy a stock lip.
Old 06-16-06, 10:55 PM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by reamemiya
it's so moody in here.
No offense, but Autocourturesc it seems like you're alway upset about everything with everyone on the forums. All I hear are negative things and complaining. But you know what's up there's no reason to get heated about something when you know you're right.
I'm sorry if my posts in this thread seems like I'm upset when in fact I am not. I've only been upset on the classifieds more recently, but other times who knows. But this time I am not upset. No need to get upset really. Yes, you hear negative things, but complaining? Nah... the only time i'll complain or be very negative is when you bad mouth law enforcement in general.... I don't have any tolerance for that.

I already stated in my prior post that Im not here to argue. Did you miss it? Please re-read my comments in this thread. I was in no way complaining.

If you have any problems with me or have any issues. PM me. Let's get back on topic...
Old 06-18-06, 10:01 AM
roo
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by AutoCoutureSC
Do you know how many vendors and/or importers read these threads? They can get anything brought over here into the states. Money talks, BS walks. If people say they're only willing to pay the japanese yen price, it's not going to be worth it. Shipping, currency conversion, taxes, etc etc. They all add into the cost.

Gotta pay to play
As he said, yen price is what you'd pay in Japan if you could go there and buy it in person. I can get this kit and pretty much anything else from Japan but Yen price isn't what it will cost. Even if you were in Japan but not in the area of the manufacturer, you'de have a hefty shipping fee. When you import something like this there is the shipping withing Japan, Shipping from Japan to the U.S., customs, duties, and in many cases, shipping within the U.S. Hence, why imports are usually more expensive. Consider this, my Target kit was about $700 shipping from Japan. It came in 3 huuuuuuge boxes and shipping is determined by dimension, not weight.
Old 06-18-06, 02:23 PM
skpark70
Lexus Champion

Is there any more pics of this bodykit???
I want this kit......
Old 06-18-06, 05:20 PM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by roo
Consider this, my Target kit was about $700 shipping from Japan. It came in 3 huuuuuuge boxes and shipping is determined by dimension, not weight.
Roo, that's a good price to have it shipped here. I had to pay $1k on shipping ALONE for a body kit once.

Quick Reply: A new 97+ Front Lip