SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

SOCAL cops suck, day2 hood popped

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-06, 03:33 PM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Lexo904
Ok the post above mine about not hating on the cops is just rediculous... its 2 totally different sides to police work... the needed side such as murder and drug investigators i appreciate. The everyday side such as cops that pull people over for tint and plate laws... what does that hurt anybody? Thats just cuz they are jealous and on a powertrip.
If you aren't in the field, please don't post. They have tint laws because every single time a cop pulls over a car, he/she risks their life. If the tint is too dark, he cannot see who or how many people are in the car.

They have plate laws for a reason too. So they can easily identify cars if they are on the other side of the road or going in the opposite direction. Plate laws are also for cameras at the intersection.

And you do realize that the same cops that pull over people for tint and plate laws can be the same cops that do investigations..

And I don't think cops are jealous of you. Powertrip yes, but jealous? I doubt it.
Old 05-16-06, 03:44 PM
verylost
Lexus Test Driver

The cops don't write the laws. They merely enforce them.

If you have a problem with the laws, vote for someone else or write your local representative.
Old 05-16-06, 03:46 PM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by verylost
The cops don't write the laws. They merely enforce them.

If you have a problem with the laws, vote for someone else or write your local representative.
thank you.
Old 05-16-06, 04:13 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by sc1jzgte
well i was driving like a granny and stopped at a light and a copped pulls up to my right, i see him, he sees me, i got a vertex style kit and soarer badges, i try not to be ricy, just want a clean nice stockish car look, and i just got my 1jz in 2 days ago, real deep sound when i take off no matter how slow, well cop pulls me over, says because i have no front liscence plate, asks me wat my turbo timer and defi control unit is(still installing so wires and crap, looks like ish) i tell him i just think it looks cool, i guess it helps me monitor the car, but i just did it cuz it looks cool. he then ask if i have any mods under the hood and i say no, he says pop it, and i did. he looks at my very clean install and says i need to get that muffler fixed or they will send me to the state smog center to get it put back to normal.... And my friend laughed at me for taking off the 2500 sign and putting the lexus emblem on the cam gear cover, i told him just in case it might help trick cops. well lesson is if u live round here hide ur guages! and keep under the hood looking really stock, or atleast put panels and heat shield crap around things u dont want cops to see..... btw i took out a lotus Elise last night!
You try not to be ricy but you have an aggressive body kit, loud exhaust (yes, deep is loud too) and different kinds of badges and electronics.

Are we still wondering why we got pulled over?
Old 05-16-06, 04:57 PM
$C300
Lexus Test Driver

Its not the cops in cali its the law, cali is broke and needs income so there pressing all the buttons, the street racing scene is huge in cali so they see it as a easy way to make money.

1J consider yourself lucky, I know ppl who have gotten ref. tickets for intakes.

If u want it to change get up and vote or Wright Ur congressman, trash talking the cops (no matter how stupid) won’t get any thing done.
Old 05-16-06, 06:27 PM
TMaxxTim
Instructor

Originally Posted by lsflame
Gotta love Tennessee even more now! The rednecks here don't give 2 poops what you have under the hood!
Very very true. I've gotten pulled over twice with my 5% tint on and neither time did they say anything. and I KNOW you cannot see through the back window into my car its so dark!!! lol
Old 05-16-06, 06:45 PM
Cannonbear
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

going to the smog ref is something i can't chance if i install a 1jz or even a turbo kit, don't wanna mess with any of that. change your exhaust or get used to the pull overs
Old 05-16-06, 06:53 PM
DriftGirl
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

It trips me out when I read stories like this. California has all of the top modded cars!!

I always complain about living up here and im always 'on the fence' about moving down there ...guess I should count my blessings and be happy that they dont care what we do to our cars here....and would need a court order (and a notorized note from their parents) to look under our hoods

Thanks MONSTER!!
Old 05-16-06, 07:03 PM
ntran18
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by AutoCoutureSC
If you aren't in the field, please don't post. They have tint laws because every single time a cop pulls over a car, he/she risks their life. If the tint is too dark, he cannot see who or how many people are in the car.

With tinting you are allowed any % behind the front windows (in CA). They usually approach from the rear. How does this help their safety if the back of the car is heavily tinted and they can't see inside? I guess if you know that the driver is visible then the other occupants won't be a threat.
Old 05-16-06, 08:03 PM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by ntran18

With tinting you are allowed any % behind the front windows (in CA). They usually approach from the rear. How does this help their safety if the back of the car is heavily tinted and they can't see inside? I guess if you know that the driver is visible then the other occupants won't be a threat.
I think you're reading my post wrong....
Old 05-16-06, 08:04 PM
Lexiss_sc430
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've personally met and know a few cops, weather LAPD or CHP... Most are awesome people...

But there are a few that I have met that have major power trips and believe that everyone is scum and they believe that they should get what ever they want when ever....

I personally believe it is these cops that give most of us a hard time...

Take it from me.. I have been pulled over 30+ times in the last few years only once have I received an actual ticket. All the other times the cops were usually cool... I've complied with them.. made its easier on them... like turning off the car, rolling windows down, if at night turning all dome lights and such on, placing left hand out of the car and staying still and not shuffenilg around. And depending on where I am neighborhood wise Ill even throw my keys on the roof. and I always have all my info ready to go..

Cops usually see that I'm not out to give em a hard time, so they let down their guard a bit and are a little bit more relaxed... they usually even give me complements on my car shoot the **** for a lil and they let me go on my way... and usually their only reason for doing so is that I was overly compliant with them and I made their job easier.... but they say you know u have illegal tints this and that.. their not stupid

But then again I’ve had the cop who pulls me over and I do the same as described as above, gets me outta the car, searches me completely and the car... gives me crap like this car is to nice for YOU to be driving and so on

Out of all the times I have been pulled over I have gotten one ticket that was an actual moving violation and only the 3 ego trip cops wrote me up for stuff like tint and such.. The rest of the cops have been pretty nice and easy going....

I personally think you had a nice cop... he let you go.. dont think their stupid.. I have 100 bucks saying that he saw the turbo’s and just didn’t want to give u a hard time.

-Tommy
Old 05-16-06, 08:35 PM
Jewcano
No Sir, I Don't Like It

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by $C300
Its not the cops in cali its the law, cali is broke and needs income so there pressing all the buttons, the street racing scene is huge in cali so they see it as a easy way to make money.

1J consider yourself lucky, I know ppl who have gotten ref. tickets for intakes.

If u want it to change get up and vote or Wright Ur congressman, trash talking the cops (no matter how stupid) won’t get any thing done.
Im not arguing with ya Greg, but how is the state with the most celebs so poor???
Old 05-16-06, 09:28 PM
Lexo904
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AutoCoutureSC

They have plate laws for a reason too. So they can easily identify cars if they are on the other side of the road or going in the opposite direction. Plate laws are also for cameras at the intersection.

And you do realize that the same cops that pull over people for tint and plate laws can be the same cops that do investigations..

And I don't think cops are jealous of you. Powertrip yes, but jealous? I doubt it.
I think tint lawa sre stupid.. the backs can be tinted dark... whats to stop the person in the back form shooting? and if you are enclined to shoot a cop (stupid enough to) you arent gonna care if your windows are tinted or not... and how cna u say they arent jealous? do u kno me?
Old 05-16-06, 09:38 PM
reamemiya
Pole Position

OT:
Just watching the news right now. Looks like Veragosa is cutting garbage funds and putting it into the police force. YAY! hundreds of more officers for california. owned and considering how desperate california is they'll probably higher any unqualified person off the street.

btw and we'll be paying twice as much for our trash to get picked up.
Old 05-16-06, 09:48 PM
kaotiq
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Emerald
It trips me out when I read stories like this. California has all of the top modded cars!!
a reason why many of us don't drive our cars all the time.

Quick Reply: SOCAL cops suck, day2 hood popped