SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

SOCAL cops suck, day2 hood popped

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-06, 09:59 PM
bodiby
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I moved to California from upstate NY. No smog check in upstate, but there is a sniffer test in NYC. I am still rolling around with my NY plates cause my car will not even pass the visual. Sniffer- forget it.

I have already gotten a speeding ticket in CA while driving my wife's car. That one is totally legit. Cop was cool even though I didn't have my license with me. I beat the ticket in court.
Old 05-16-06, 11:06 PM
sc1jzgte
Pole Position

ok, to clear up a few things my car is not ricy, vertex kit is very clean and almost looks like stock 97up, not like a chunky lego kit, and i dont have clear corners and blue leds on my washer squirters, my goal 4 my car is it to look like a completely oem nice car when its done. i want a stock sound and hidden guages, but i put the motor in 2days ago, im still working on it, dont want to spend 1grand on exhaust just to not like it, thats why my other post is on exhausts, im taking my time just like i did with the swap so everything is smooth, ant theres not a single exposed wire or non black hose or anything for that matter in the engine bay(thats y i diddnt get my car jacked) and lastly i do have respect for cops, i was kinda upset about this morning when i posted this, i shouldve said a lot of socal cops suck instead) in fact the guy i posted about with the old rx7 putting in a 350 small block is a cop, and hes helped me out with getting my motor in, hes really cool, but he does his job to protect people, not just to show off that he has power or to meet a quota(yea i know they dont have a real quota but they still are compared to averages which is same ish) and lastly i live in westminster, CA, down the street where they filmed that little saigon scene in fast and the furious and its full of ricers here so i can kinda understand y cops are krazy out here, but seriously, my car has all the emissions hooked up from the stock 1jz, and its not faster than all the exotics driving around newport, NSX's, ferraris, lambos, and porsches left and right, so its not like i created this tree killing super fast dangerous car, i went to iraq for a year and busted my a**, came back and rewarded myself with a lot of hard work, those whove done this know what i mean, no outside help but the forums and people who swing by, and that cop this morning wanted to take away all that hard work a poor soldier put into his car just because my motor came from japan, wasnt racing, or doing anything stupid, just driving to my grandmas.......(oh yea, great idea.... hi officer, i have an illegal 1jz motor in my car, just thought id be honest so u can take my car now) i can seriously say the only thing in my life that isnt legit is my car, i pay my taxes and work extra hard so millions of people that depend on me can enjoy welfare, im not gona just hand my car over because i dont have a front liscence plate
Old 05-16-06, 11:22 PM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Lexo904
I think tint lawa sre stupid.. the backs can be tinted dark... whats to stop the person in the back form shooting? and if you are enclined to shoot a cop (stupid enough to) you arent gonna care if your windows are tinted or not... and how cna u say they arent jealous? do u kno me?
very nice punctuation you got there. I do know that tints can be dark in the rear. I'm talking about fronts in general.

We're talking about "what if's" in this scenario. Of course they wouldn't care if their windows are tinted.. the're going to blast anyway. But if the cop can see what the driver is doing while walking up to the car, he's more prepared.

And NO, i do not know you, nor do i ever want to. You are not important to me. Most cops in CA make more money than cops in any other state. I don't think cops here will be jealous of you.
Old 05-16-06, 11:31 PM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sc1jzgte
ok, to clear up a few things my car is not ricy, vertex kit is very clean and almost looks like stock 97up, not like a chunky lego kit, and i dont have clear corners and blue leds on my washer squirters, my goal 4 my car is it to look like a completely oem nice car when its done. i want a stock sound and hidden guages, but i put the motor in 2days ago, im still working on it, dont want to spend 1grand on exhaust just to not like it, thats why my other post is on exhausts, im taking my time just like i did with the swap so everything is smooth, ant theres not a single exposed wire or non black hose or anything for that matter in the engine bay(thats y i diddnt get my car jacked) and lastly i do have respect for cops, i was kinda upset about this morning when i posted this, i shouldve said a lot of socal cops suck instead) in fact the guy i posted about with the old rx7 putting in a 350 small block is a cop, and hes helped me out with getting my motor in, hes really cool, but he does his job to protect people, not just to show off that he has power or to meet a quota(yea i know they dont have a real quota but they still are compared to averages which is same ish) and lastly i live in westminster, CA, down the street where they filmed that little saigon scene in fast and the furious and its full of ricers here so i can kinda understand y cops are krazy out here, but seriously, my car has all the emissions hooked up from the stock 1jz, and its not faster than all the exotics driving around newport, NSX's, ferraris, lambos, and porsches left and right, so its not like i created this tree killing super fast dangerous car, i went to iraq for a year and busted my a**, came back and rewarded myself with a lot of hard work, those whove done this know what i mean, no outside help but the forums and people who swing by, and that cop this morning wanted to take away all that hard work a poor soldier put into his car just because my motor came from japan, wasnt racing, or doing anything stupid, just driving to my grandmas.......(oh yea, great idea.... hi officer, i have an illegal 1jz motor in my car, just thought id be honest so u can take my car now) i can seriously say the only thing in my life that isnt legit is my car, i pay my taxes and work extra hard so millions of people that depend on me can enjoy welfare, im not gona just hand my car over because i dont have a front liscence plate
No one is telling you to blatantly(sp?) lie to the officer by telling him straight out your motor is from japan. What i was referring to earlier was just tell him the truth if he asks.

also, it would help your posts if you put them in paragraphs. It's easier to read
Old 05-17-06, 01:47 AM
chitwnsazn
Lead Lap

if you has a front license plate then maybe he wouldn't pull you over. Limit the reasons for a cop to pull you over and you'll be all good
Old 05-17-06, 02:15 AM
wildrice09
Lead Lap

SC1jzgte...I salute you for your bravery in Iraq and also your newly finished 1jz swap(keep up the good work). On the matter about cops, I really don't hate them but I also don't really love them either.

I think its mainly just that small fraction of cops that just don't cut you any slack. I don't really care if a cop pulls me over and gives me a ticket for speeding becuase I can potentially see the harm that could have come from it. What I do care about is if the cop pulls you over for something retarted and gives you a ticket for it. For example, I got pulled over about a year ago for having a blue led in my headlamp (when the headlights were on it just kinda blended in with the regular lights). The cop gave me a ticket for "missuse of blue lights" which I felt was unneccessary because he could have just given me a warning and told me to take them out (I even offered to take the lights out on the spot in front of him and destroy the bulbs, but he still continued to write out the ticket). What added to the anger on my part was that I couldn't see how it could have possibly hurt another driver or affected anyone else.....the lights could barely be seen while the lo-beams were on. In the end I lost an hour of my day and I had to take a day off of work to go to court and dispute the ticket.

O...also are clear corners and illegal? Do you have to have an amber light for your sidemarkers?
Old 05-17-06, 03:15 AM
Sc400on20s
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sc1jzgte, I feel for ya! I myself have always loved cars and take pride in what we do. To tell you the truth, I have never owned a car that I haven't fixed up if it's from my old school CRX to my recently purchased Porsche (I guess it's the enthusiast in me) but let me tell you living here in Hawaii and owning a modified ride is no paradise! I've gotten pulled over countless of times with alot of tickets to go with that. Yes I was mad, upset even pissed off but just remember if it's against the law, we really only have ourselves to blame, that's the risk we take as (I hate this word) tuners (how's about Enthusiast)
I recently got pulled over for tints $287.00 per window (I got two tickets) Here in Hawaii, actually only on the island of Oahu anything modified must pass a reconstruction inspection and it's not easy, I swear they just make up thier own laws or rules for this inspection but once they pass our cars...we're legal, as long as you haven't modified anything after the recon inspection.
So it's good and bad...
I agree with AutoCoutureSC, in no way are they jealous nor are they the ones to hate...to tell you the truth sc1jzgte, they probably see your SC just as ricey as the next Honda (I don't see it that way but I'm into SC's and you my friend are doing it the right way!) I'll be frank...I think alot of Lexus' now-a-days look kinda ricey (sorry, IMO).
For all you posters that keep bringing up different angles on how the law sucks..you know what to do...
Just for a minute, think outside of the box, those laws are there for our protection...PERIOD! I admit I've meet and even know some cops with power trips but remember we took the risk of breaking the law, we're giving them the reason to pull us over in the first place, if you don't like it then don't play the game. There is always a price or consequences to pay!
sc1jzgte, I feel for you but don't hate the popo, hate the laws!
Old 05-17-06, 04:42 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Yea we all know the risk we take when we mod our cars. I got 20% on my car had it for 2 years with no trouble. Also got catback but it's crazy quiet barely louder than stock. Got some other stuff too my car isn't daily driven so I guess that helps but anything could happen anytime. Kinda funny when I had a civic and 240 I used to get pulled over more for "fix it" tickets all the time.
Old 05-17-06, 08:12 AM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Sc400on20s
to tell you the truth sc1jzgte, they probably see your SC just as ricey as the next Honda (I don't see it that way but I'm into SC's and you my friend are doing it the right way!) I'll be frank...I think alot of Lexus' now-a-days look kinda ricey (sorry, IMO).

Just for a minute, think outside of the box, those laws are there for our protection...PERIOD!

Thank you.

Why don't you guys put yourself in the Law enforcement position. Large body kit that obviously did not come from the factory, no plate, loud exhaust (obviously anything that is louder than factory ). Lexus or no Lexus, he's going to wonder what's up with this guys car.

Anything you do to your car is a risk here in CA. If you mod wisely, most cops won't even pull you over (yea, with tint and front plates).

I really don't know why we are dumbfounded about being pulled over, it should be expected.
Old 05-17-06, 09:28 AM
Lexo904
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Memphisacc
Hah these above it all guys with their dont talk crap to cops routine is retarded, like they are any more well versed in the law then any of the rest of us.

What did writing your congressman or representive ever do for you, waste 15 minutes and 39 cents ?!?....

Thats like saying words speak louder the action, it makes no sense.

Ive gotten around more laws by opening my mouth and out talking a cop, then ive ever gotten from voting or writting a letter. Im not saying lie to the cops, but know your rights the badge and pistol dont give them the right to screw with you at their own discretion.

Sure these cops are just enforcing the laws, but lets not be that ignorant here how many times do you see a cop pull someone over for illegal lane change....not that often its against the law isnt it ....how many people with out insurance get in wrecks every day and how often is action ever brought against them...next to never why cause they are poor ? and you get nailed cause you have enough money to enjoy your ride .....thats a f'n joke...no one has to stand for that....
THANK YOU
Old 05-17-06, 10:25 AM
sc1jzgte
Pole Position

my initial intent on this post was just a heads up for those who think they arent going to get there hoods popped ever, i stated how i was stopped and driving like a granny for those who think jus cuz they arent driving reckless they will be fine, and then i tried to make a point of keeping your engine stock looking to keep the cops from taking your car, just trying to inform people in the forums, i apologize again for coming off bad against all cops, my friend and i got pulled over for takin off at a light in highskool, cop talked to him about his car and joked around, gave us a lecture, taught us something and warned us. he wasnt a good cop because he let us go, but because he made a difference about something dangerous(chezzy huh) but there is no argument that there are ****s in every profession(we all work with them{i guess sum of u are them}) and the ones in the cop profession directly screw good guys sometimes when unneccessary,(not protecting nothing)

BTW lots of cars came stock without a front liscence plate, i never had one... and tint law, cops walk up from the back of the car, and the back windows and rear side windows could be pitch black, hows the windshield not being tinted going to help the cop, im pretty sure the front windows arent allowed to be tinted so old people wont struggle seeing through tinted windows and crash into us) but thats another law that shouldnt have to be, because if u know u cant see throught the damn tint cuz ur vision sucks y would u endanger yourself and passengers? jus like the seatbelt law, i think its dumb because no matter what the law is i would wear it to save my a** and if sumone wants to be dumb then they will pay for being lazy..
Old 05-17-06, 10:34 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If you got pulled over (never fun ) and he saw your engine swap, regardless of if he knew or did not know, you are still currently driving the car. I'd call that a good day.
Old 05-17-06, 10:41 AM
neurocity
Neu`roc´i`ty

Received 74 Likes on 38 Posts

I love reading this stuff.......Just more nails in the coffin of me never moving to California....They'd have a field day with my boat. Dual blown 454's with no emissions, no cats......flippin' birds die when I start the thing!!!
Old 05-17-06, 12:44 PM
sc1jzgte
Pole Position

ur absolutely right neo, now i need to get that exhaust done like supra_dr and those guages hidden
Old 05-18-06, 03:46 PM
MONSTER
Pole Position

You're welcome lady!

I just got back from the muffler shop, they built 3" straight pipe from turbos back on the red car....it sounds so sick. Muffler has 4.5" tip with titanium burn finish. Cost $2fiddy!

New silver car is getting swapped next week, after my GS3 gets finished

Originally Posted by Emerald
It trips me out when I read stories like this. California has all of the top modded cars!!

I always complain about living up here and im always 'on the fence' about moving down there ...guess I should count my blessings and be happy that they dont care what we do to our cars here....and would need a court order (and a notorized note from their parents) to look under our hoods

Thanks MONSTER!!

Last edited by MONSTER; 05-19-06 at 11:38 AM.

Quick Reply: SOCAL cops suck, day2 hood popped