SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

SOCAL cops suck, day2 hood popped

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-06, 04:43 PM
Lex*Toy
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The modding scene is easy extra income for the city and state, where no one of significance in the senate, congress, or otherwise would disagree with leaning-on the racing scene.

Just get used to it being like "skateboarding" in the Ninetys and "rock and roll" in the Fifties.

Its life....

BTW- Great job on dodging the bullet.
Old 05-18-06, 04:51 PM
Inabj2
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by AutoCoutureSC
If you mod your car, that's the risk you take. So Cal cops don't suck. You guys suck for getting pissed at the cops for doing their job.

Would you guys get mad if the cops responded quickly after you called 911? Let them do their job.

Hate all you want... let it be...

edit: to the OP... first mistake was to lie in his face..

You realize if you let them do their job, and and enforce unconstitutional laws, they will put a hurt in your bussiness right?

This people and their policies will target against a portion of your customer base.
Old 05-18-06, 05:23 PM
scoarer
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Memphisacc
Most car modifcation laws are excuses for a cop to search your car for drugs, with out reason. Or to find those little kids you are always kidnapping( maybe thats just me.)

Theres an area right outside of memphis kinda of like franklin, tn (called collierville) its a white flight part of town. When ever i drive my car through town (with tinted windows i always get pulled over) this has happened now about 5 times. Each and every single time the cop has realized he's just pulled over a 5'8 145 pounds jewish kid with a preppy girlfriend over. And every time the cops have said this "Oh im very sorry, i must apologize, We've had some complaints about drugs being run up and down here in a black car" ......right more like ....you pull over anyone with tinted windows because you wanna be captian america for a minute and think your saving the world by targeting certain vehicles....

A huge percentage of Cops are slime i dont care how you cut it, its the same way in any busniess though just happens to be its legal for them to shoot you....for moving wrong

ps LA

MEMPHIS, TN

Boy do i love the south...

LA:

Tenuhcee:

SOcal rocks!!
Old 05-18-06, 05:30 PM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Inabj2
You realize if you let them do their job, and and enforce unconstitutional laws, they will put a hurt in your bussiness right?

This people and their policies will target against a portion of your customer base.
what business are you referring to? customer base? My customer base does not target the car crowd... my customer base is totally different...
Old 05-18-06, 07:24 PM
Sc400on20s
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

what business are you referring to? customer base? My customer base does not target the car crowd... my customer base is totally different...
That is true, I wouldn't imagine it hurting your business...but I hope that everyone hasn't forgotten that the truth of the matter is that 90% off all aftermarket parts on your cars are not street legal. It's just the chance we take, don't like the rules, don't play the game!

Last edited by Sc400on20s; 05-18-06 at 07:31 PM.
Old 05-18-06, 07:35 PM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Sc400on20s
That is true, I wouldn't imagine it hurting your business...but I hope that everyone hasn't forgotten that the truth of the matter is that 90% off all aftermarket parts on your cars are not street legal. It's just the chance we take, don't like the rules, don't play the game!
Old 05-18-06, 10:59 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Jewtheist
Im not arguing with ya Greg, but how is the state with the most celebs so poor???
The Celebs have learned how to keep their money...The more you make, the more loop holes there are in the tax laws to take advantage of...

Cali is so strict not for money, but for smog...Anyone should know by now that there is a serious prob with air polution in Cali, that is the reason for the emissions laws in that part of the country...

It's good to have cops that enforce the law and help preserve our safety...Sometimes you meet a bad apple that is cocky, and immature, but it is always good to have respect for the law and the authoriy behind it...especially if the one in authority does not abuse the position pf power, but respects it themselves...

Ryan
Old 05-19-06, 03:43 AM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

The Vertex kit is quite aggressive looking compared to many of the other SC kits on the market such as the Auto Couture or Wald. It kind of attracts cops i think.

If I ever do a 1jz swap, I'll prolly get a cleaner VVTi one and try to slap on Lexus badges to make it look legal.