SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

SOCAL cops suck, day2 hood popped

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-06, 11:34 AM
sc1jzgte
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SOCAL cops suck, day2 hood popped

well i was driving like a granny and stopped at a light and a copped pulls up to my right, i see him, he sees me, i got a vertex style kit and soarer badges, i try not to be ricy, just want a clean nice stockish car look, and i just got my 1jz in 2 days ago, real deep sound when i take off no matter how slow, well cop pulls me over, says because i have no front liscence plate, asks me wat my turbo timer and defi control unit is(still installing so wires and crap, looks like ish) i tell him i just think it looks cool, i guess it helps me monitor the car, but i just did it cuz it looks cool. he then ask if i have any mods under the hood and i say no, he says pop it, and i did. he looks at my very clean install and says i need to get that muffler fixed or they will send me to the state smog center to get it put back to normal.... And my friend laughed at me for taking off the 2500 sign and putting the lexus emblem on the cam gear cover, i told him just in case it might help trick cops. well lesson is if u live round here hide ur guages! and keep under the hood looking really stock, or atleast put panels and heat shield crap around things u dont want cops to see..... btw i took out a lotus Elise last night!
Old 05-16-06, 11:54 AM
sc.Fred
Instructor

That's one of the reasons why i haven't gotten a 1j yet.. SOCAL cops are punks, period..

anyway, what part of SOCAL did this happen?
Old 05-16-06, 11:56 AM
lsflame
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Gotta love Tennessee even more now! The rednecks here don't give 2 poops what you have under the hood!
Old 05-16-06, 11:58 AM
fjurado1
Rookie

I have been in the street race scene since 1992, and I usually leave stock tips on my exhausts and paint the stainless on them black with high temperature paint. Just things that won't attract their attention. Cali is the worst for any mods or loud sounding exhausts.
Old 05-16-06, 12:07 PM
DriftGirl
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

glad I dont live down there. you can see my oil pumps and piping from the outside
Old 05-16-06, 12:14 PM
MONSTER
Pole Position

Man, what a bunch of BS! I cant believe those tree-huggers are so **** about exhausts and mods, I mean do they ticket every Harley Davidson rider for having an obnoxious exhaust? Or every trucker for insane clouds of diesel smoke? Damn cops

-edit- pisses me off.

Here in South Beach they dont care, I got 4" straight pipe on my Supra, we dont even have emissions testing. You roll into any exhaust shop and they will make you any size straight piping for cheap, so much for the ozone layer

BTW Emerald thats one hot pictorial there in the mag, very tight . Just glanced thru it at the airport the other day

Last edited by MONSTER; 05-16-06 at 12:38 PM.
Old 05-16-06, 12:24 PM
hemogoblin
Lexus Test Driver

Wow where in CA did this happen? Thats exactly what im worried about when I get my 1JZ in. I will however keep the car looking 100% stock, stock rims, stock suspension, and stock exhaust (unless I find a stock looking/sounding exhaust)
Old 05-16-06, 12:27 PM
indypwr
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hmmm, makes me wanna change back my red spark plug cover back to "black"......lol

and my hks blow off valve to "stock".....lol

Old 05-16-06, 12:30 PM
indypwr
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

where did you mount your gauges?
my exhaust is quite flashy at night when being followed from behind . i think i should paint the back of it in "black".....

i am scared to drive my car too....but thank god i dont drive it to work...i take my gs300 instead.

Originally Posted by sc1jzgte
well i was driving like a granny and stopped at a light and a copped pulls up to my right, i see him, he sees me, i got a vertex style kit and soarer badges, i try not to be ricy, just want a clean nice stockish car look, and i just got my 1jz in 2 days ago, real deep sound when i take off no matter how slow, well cop pulls me over, says because i have no front liscence plate, asks me wat my turbo timer and defi control unit is(still installing so wires and crap, looks like ish) i tell him i just think it looks cool, i guess it helps me monitor the car, but i just did it cuz it looks cool. he then ask if i have any mods under the hood and i say no, he says pop it, and i did. he looks at my very clean install and says i need to get that muffler fixed or they will send me to the state smog center to get it put back to normal.... And my friend laughed at me for taking off the 2500 sign and putting the lexus emblem on the cam gear cover, i told him just in case it might help trick cops. well lesson is if u live round here hide ur guages! and keep under the hood looking really stock, or atleast put panels and heat shield crap around things u dont want cops to see..... btw i took out a lotus Elise last night!
Old 05-16-06, 12:55 PM
racinstyle
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 1 Post

thank god the cops here in houston are not asses like that
Old 05-16-06, 02:52 PM
reamemiya
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a dream about this last night. So, i took the explorer to school. This is the ****** you have to go through just to have a little fun in life in socal.
Old 05-16-06, 02:58 PM
Jewcano
No Sir, I Don't Like It

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by reamemiya
I had a dream about this last night. So, i took the explorer to school. This is the ****** you have to go through just to have a little fun in life in socal.

Unfortunately anywhere you go a cop will pull you over and give you some bs excuse, just to fill his/her quota. Its the sad thing we have to live with.....Unless we overthrow the police department......or demand that police not be used to ruin peoples lives with tickets...
Old 05-16-06, 03:09 PM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you mod your car, that's the risk you take. So Cal cops don't suck. You guys suck for getting pissed at the cops for doing their job.

Would you guys get mad if the cops responded quickly after you called 911? Let them do their job.

Hate all you want... let it be...

edit: to the OP... first mistake was to lie in his face..
Old 05-16-06, 03:21 PM
5spdSC300
Lead Lap

Its crap like this that makes me keep my car as stock looking as possible. If cops see anything that leads them to believe your car may be moded illegally such as visible gauges, it gives them reason to pull you over. It sucks but its something we have do deal with here in so cali.
Old 05-16-06, 03:22 PM
Lexo904
Driver School Candidate

Ok the post above mine about not hating on the cops is just rediculous... its 2 totally different sides to police work... the needed side such as murder and drug investigators i appreciate. The everyday side such as cops that pull people over for tint and plate laws... what does that hurt anybody? Thats just cuz they are jealous and on a powertrip.

Quick Reply: SOCAL cops suck, day2 hood popped