SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Window Prob...

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-06, 02:35 AM
93SC300.
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Window Prob...

Well sense i bought my car ive had a prob. with my pass. window. Ive noticed that it hesistates to go up but not down. This was from the driver controls. From the passenger side it seemed fine. I had taken the controls off and disconnected everything and when i connected it, it seemed to work fine for bout 1 month. Today it went down and hessitated to go back up. I went to work and when i came back and tried to roll it down it wouldnt go. I can hear a clicking noise when i try and roll it up from the drivers controls so i know there is power, but when i try and roll it down i dont hear anything. BY the way the window is up, lol. Is this the motor or what? the passenger side controls do the same.
Old 05-18-06, 11:54 AM
markesc
Lead Lap

This is a classic problem. The harness within the door gets pinched. If you take it to lexus they will automatically have you over pay for a new switch, instead I'd look into the door harness first. Mine had a simple ground wire that was severed. You could probably save yourself 300-600 by trying to fix it yourself.

Also you can carefully take the switch apart and clean out the contacts, but it sounds like it's not the real problem, but not a bad idea to clean it up.
Old 05-19-06, 01:18 AM
93SC300.
Lead Lap

Default Wiring diagram.

I wanted to know if someone could send me a wiring diagram of the interior of my lexus sc300. My window on my pass. side wont go down. I took the door pannel off and my motor is fine. I ran a battery to it and it went up and down. Im getting power through my wires but not form either one of my controls. I ran a wire from the hot wire to all the other wires one by one and got a spark off 1 wire which is teal with a white stripe. Can somone tell me what this wire is. EVen better is someone willing to send me or post a wiring diagram for the power windows. That would help em so much. Im in pain right now seeing my luxury automobile having problems.My email is Kokooie@yahoo.com. Help me someone!!!
Old 01-04-07, 12:08 PM
zegnaguy
Pole Position

Default did you find window solution?

Originally Posted by 93SC300.
I wanted to know if someone could send me a wiring diagram of the interior of my lexus sc300. My window on my pass. side wont go down. I took the door pannel off and my motor is fine. I ran a battery to it and it went up and down. Im getting power through my wires but not form either one of my controls. I ran a wire from the hot wire to all the other wires one by one and got a spark off 1 wire which is teal with a white stripe. Can somone tell me what this wire is. EVen better is someone willing to send me or post a wiring diagram for the power windows. That would help em so much. Im in pain right now seeing my luxury automobile having problems.My email is Kokooie@yahoo.com. Help me someone!!!

Did you ever find solution? which wire was the problem? a wire diagram?, I have a similar problem. pass window will go down but not up. Nor from the driver switch. I took the pass door off and switched the wire and pressed the pass switch and made the window go back up so I know its not the motor and I'm getting power.
Old 01-04-07, 04:42 PM
93SC300.
Lead Lap

Talking

it was the master controls on the driver side. it was grounding through the window lock. new master controls.