SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

SC's have become quite rare...

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-06 | 08:59 PM
93 LS4
Lead Lap

Default SC's have become quite rare...

I just can't help but notice that SC's have become a rare sight over the last three years or so. You just don't see them anymore, at least here iin Florida. The good news is that when I do see one it's in great shape. Maybe thats because I live in the Naples area and the 100 year old owers don't drive there SC's much. Has anyone else noticed the decline in SC's over the past few years?

NOTE: The good news is that maybe the value will start going up again...
Old 05-19-06 | 09:06 PM
Jewcano
No Sir, I Don't Like It
CL Folding 1M

Very wrong buddy, i personally know about 5+ SC-Soarers in my area. Someone in my neighborhood has one, 1 or 2 at my university, one of our friends, my best bro's mom has one, and a local shop i visit on occasion has a few. I dont think they are as rare as you think, just a personal opinion, plus i see them once in a while down my road, but they arent CL members .....
Old 05-19-06 | 09:09 PM
neurocity
Neu`roc´i`ty
CL Folding 25,000

Most of the Sc's and Soarer's I see are in Florida. Lots on the east coast...

Its rare to see them in Chicago area.
Old 05-19-06 | 09:11 PM
93 LS4
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Jewtheist
Very wrong buddy, i personally know about 5+ SC-Soarers in my area. Someone in my neighborhood has one, 1 or 2 at my university, one of our friends, my best bro's mom has one, and a local shop i visit on occasion has a few. I dont think they are as rare as you think, just a personal opinion, plus i see them once in a while down my road, but they arent CL members .....

Well, at least in my area they have become quite rare... I used to see them everywhere. I don't even see them at the dealer much anymore.....
Old 05-19-06 | 09:13 PM
Jewcano
No Sir, I Don't Like It
CL Folding 1M

How far is Naples from Jax? I guess Orlando and Jax are two hotspots?

Gotcha That distance can make the difference....
Old 05-19-06 | 10:44 PM
93 LS4
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by neuro4you@
Most of the Sc's and Soarer's I see are in Florida. Lots on the east coast...

Its rare to see them in Chicago area.
Good point, I do see quite a few when I go to Miami, but not too meny on the west coast of FL.

Like I said, when I so come cross one - it's clean....

Originally Posted by Jewtheist
How far is Naples from Jax? I guess Orlando and Jax are two hotspots?
Orlando is about 3 1/2 hours and Jax is about 4+....hThe last SC I sold went to Colarado and the buyer told me that it was very tough to come across a five speed up there..

It's funny, I've been to a few local car shows and it seems like all I see in a Jap coupes these days are G35 and Scion TC's... The funny thing is that they always complment the SC!
I would love to one day be able to buy an SC430 with out selling my SC3 and start to mod it out. I'm sure when the SC430 price comes down a bit more members will start moding them a bit more...

Another thing I have noticed is that when I do see one here in Naples, besides it being mint, there is a very old man or woman driving it. I look and them and thing that they have to be the original owner. There may not be many here, but the few that are around are mint.... I think this is a great place to buy a stock and untouched SC

Tell you what, I'm happy as hell with my SC, I have 78k now and the car still smells new or at least like a Lexus.

Ramble, Ramble Ramble....... I love my SC!
Old 05-19-06 | 10:49 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by SC 1JZ
I just can't help but notice that SC's have become a rare sight over the last three years or so. You just don't see them anymore, at least here iin Florida. The good news is that when I do see one it's in great shape. Maybe thats because I live in the Naples area and the 100 year old owers don't drive there SC's much. Has anyone else noticed the decline in SC's over the past few years?

NOTE: The good news is that maybe the value will start going up again...
I find they are getting a resurgance. I find that idiots are buying cheap SCs and slapping 20" crap on them, not getting the paint redone, no new leather, just 20s and look like chumps all day long.

That is what I am seeing,

What is RARE, especially here in Atlanta, is a SC tastefully done. Done correctly, the way is should be.
Old 05-19-06 | 10:51 PM
Koma
CL Folding 25,000

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
I find they are getting a resurgance. I find that idiots are buying cheap SCs and slapping 20" crap on them, not getting the paint redone, no new leather, just 20s and look like chumps all day long.

That is what I am seeing,

What is RARE, especially here in Atlanta, is a SC tastefully done. Done correctly, the way is should be.
Mine's in rough shape, sorry guys... I'm driving one of those hoopty looking SCs. I just don't have the money to dish out on it. But if I did it would go straight to fixing her up.
Old 05-19-06 | 11:05 PM
Sly Guy Yu
Lexus Test Driver

i saw 4 today. I live in socal.
Old 05-19-06 | 11:44 PM
93 LS4
Lead Lap

Not that there is anything wrong with 20" wheels, but I'm happy that I'm still rolling on my 18's..
I only drive my 93 SC maybe once a week in hopes of keeping it new for as long as as I can.
Old 05-20-06 | 12:42 AM
pimpmobile
Rookie

so nice and clean.

Last edited by pimpmobile; 05-20-06 at 01:03 AM.
Old 05-20-06 | 06:59 AM
DriftGirl
Lexus Champion

SC's are becoming the new 240
Old 05-20-06 | 08:17 AM
neurocity
Neu`roc´i`ty
CL Folding 25,000

SC's are becoming the new 240
I don't think its going to be quite that bad. The parts for our cars are too expensive, and you can get a 240sx with less miles for less money. Remember, a majority of the 240sx people are kids 18-25....I was broke out of college, so a 240sx was a deal for me. And I modded the hell out of it. Then when I got sick of having every "meat-head" in a Honda Civic or Integra try to race me at every intersection....I traded it in...and got my Lex.

But it wont be my car that make the ricers turn their heads and want to trade in the SR20 swapped 240sx....It'll be yours....Not to be a jerk, but my car blends in with the world....Your car stands out like a Ferrari in a used Mini-Van lot.
Old 05-20-06 | 08:53 AM
ConSynX
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by neuro4you@
I don't think its going to be quite that bad. The parts for our cars are too expensive, and you can get a 240sx with less miles for less money. Remember, a majority of the 240sx people are kids 18-25....I was broke out of college, so a 240sx was a deal for me. And I modded the hell out of it. Then when I got sick of having every "meat-head" in a Honda Civic or Integra try to race me at every intersection....I traded it in...and got my Lex.

But it wont be my car that make the ricers turn their heads and want to trade in the SR20 swapped 240sx....It'll be yours....Not to be a jerk, but my car blends in with the world....Your car stands out like a Ferrari in a used Mini-Van lot.
well said.

not sure if talking about how great the sc is at everything on the drifting forums is gonna stop 240 owners from wanting them as well.
i'd just keep pointing out how heavy they are, and how expensive it is to put a 2jz-gte in(don't mention 1jz)
Old 05-20-06 | 09:10 AM
twizted
Instructor

I am in fort myers just down the road from you in briarcliff there are 2 that are stock in my comunity. Also there are about 2 others in town besides mine that are modified and one in cape i know about that are all on the board here i believe. Yeah thats still pretty rare....

Quick Reply: SC's have become quite rare...