SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Do I really want a Supra?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-06, 03:39 PM
Sleeper97
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think having a car that attracts attention is a good and bad thing but it all depends on where you park it and where you drive it..If your gonna buy a lamborgini and park it on the street or drive it through bad neighborhoods of course you will get some unwanted attention. As the car owner you should be responsible in taking care of the car, and knowing where is safe to park that will not attract the wrong attention towards your car.
Old 05-22-06, 06:02 PM
aliga
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

some lexus sc guys want supras
some supra guys want lexus scs

step up and cop a ferrari.
Old 05-22-06, 06:05 PM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by aliga
some lexus sc guys want supras
some supra guys want lexus scs

step up and cop a ferrari.

just like we talked about right? I'll get a yellow one...
Old 05-22-06, 06:07 PM
aliga
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

im working on it, let these guys step up to the supra, im stepping over that.
Old 05-22-06, 08:28 PM
sc4dbl0
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Drocay
i dont want a supra, i want a Sc400 with 2j in engine bay for me thats about as sexy as it gets.
HELL YA
Old 05-24-06, 03:03 PM
SCSpeed
Rookie

Originally Posted by Sleeper97
I think having a car that attracts attention is a good and bad thing but it all depends on where you park it and where you drive it..If your gonna buy a lamborgini and park it on the street or drive it through bad neighborhoods of course you will get some unwanted attention. As the car owner you should be responsible in taking care of the car, and knowing where is safe to park that will not attract the wrong attention towards your car.
I can't agree with you more. Exactly!!!
Old 05-24-06, 07:00 PM
jibbby
Banned - could not follow forum rules

Get a supra TT without question........That would be my choice if I could do it all over again...It would have saved me alot of trouble, time trying to mod my SC up to that level of performance....Then again not sure I could get a clean Supra TT for $16,000 which is what I am into my car now for.... Although I would miss the luxury aspect of my sc400.....
Old 05-24-06, 07:24 PM
jpvarghese
Lexus Test Driver

I had a Supra; sold it and miss it dearly. I love the SC though and absolutely love my silver/black combo; wouldn't get any other combo, but kinda wished I got the V-8 instead! I just hate the auto and I'm really liking the idea of a 6-speed SC400...........turbocharged; lol! I'm looking to add a Supra yet again. This time, a white hardtop with black interior and the 6-speed; that itself is a rare combo, but its my favorite! I already have the ultimate daily driver; I just need the ultimate sports car to pair it with!
-Justin
Old 05-24-06, 08:00 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Drive one and the other, then after comparison you'll know which one you want. As for me, I took the supra over the SC. (Actually I sold the SC months ago) Well, it's not a twin turbo, but it's a 91 turbo 5sp with 66k miles. It was super clean so I bought it for $7600. The guy had time slips of 13.8. (it's modded) I enjoy it, but sometimes it gets annoying when people keep pulling up and reving with their little 4 cylinders.

Last edited by 3000; 05-24-06 at 08:08 PM.
Old 05-24-06, 10:44 PM
imprtLEXUS
Rookie

Default I'm goood

Nah I don't want a supra..... to answer your question.

My reasons for no are, simply ladies love lexus, I mean yes a 2jzgte is clearly faster than my 1jz swap (on delivery as we speak), but walk into a bar and drop your lexus keys , watch you'll get a reaction, drop your toyota keys see doesn't have the same effect does it.

But in all seriousness I chose my 94 sc 5spd over a supra because I needed a car with show potential and me and my crew felt like the sc had more potential because supra's have been done more than enough, not to mention good condition clutch sc300s arent easy to find i had to drive 3 states to get mine.
Old 05-25-06, 08:45 AM
MrJohnTan
Lexus Champion

I sold my SC.....

and picked up a Supra. I havent looked back ever since...

There is just no comparison between the two cars. The Supra outhandles, outpowers, outbrakes and outperforms the SC in every way.
Old 05-25-06, 09:00 AM
TeamDX
Driver

Originally Posted by MrJohnTan
There is just no comparison between the two cars. The Supra outhandles, outpowers, outbrakes and outperforms the SC in every way.

It also attracts way more attention (not hot chicks like 3rd graders imagine, more like honda owners, kids in junior high, F&F lovers, general ricers and old guys in junk cars that will try to race you.. and oh yah, COPS), way higher insurance, a group of owners with a "its never enough" attitude that try to make you feel inadequit unless you're making 800+rwhp, a forum of 98% non supra-owners, etc etc etc.

I went from my Widebody single turbo aem 6-speed supra to a SC. I COULD NOT be happier.

btw john, call me, i miss your tender voice =(
Old 05-25-06, 09:08 AM
HKSC300
Driver

Originally Posted by TeamDX
It also attracts way more attention (not hot chicks like 3rd graders imagine, more like honda owners, kids in junior high, F&F lovers, general ricers and old guys in junk cars that will try to race you.. and oh yah, COPS), way higher insurance, a group of owners with a "its never enough" attitude that try to make you feel inadequit unless you're making 800+rwhp, a forum of 98% non supra-owners, etc etc etc.

I went from my Widebody single turbo aem 6-speed supra to a SC. I COULD NOT be happier.

Some good points both ways. I've personally never really liked the Supra's looks (love the engine however), but for sure it's one of Toyota's best ever.

If you love the Supra, you'll be like John and never look back. Whatever floats your boat.

John, please call Jack. Everytime he IM's me, he asks about you and only you. He misses you, man.
Old 05-25-06, 09:10 AM
MrJohnTan
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by TeamDX

If you have peoples attitudes on a so called "supra forum" affecting your decision on whether or not you should own a particular car, then you have problems. As for the attention, if you can't handle the heat, then stay out of the kitchen.... at least it looks like you have done so and I commend you for admitting to it.

BTW, I just called you, how much more of my attn. do you need?
Old 05-25-06, 11:14 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by HKSC300
John, please call Jack. Everytime he IM's me, he asks about you and only you. He misses you, man.
Okay guys, what's going on here?

Quick Reply: Do I really want a Supra?