Swapping seats in an SC?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-06, 06:58 PM
PsiQo1
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Xotic sC
And how does this power mechanism work.
Sounds interesting, and at $2000, doesn't seem all that bad! I'd probably pull the trigger if I could get it for $1500...hmm...
id also be willing to "pull the trigger" at $1500

also do you use the stock seat heater controls?!?!?
fill us in
Old 06-06-06, 07:17 PM
LexAnt
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

well when i talked to him, the seats has it's own power functions already on the seat much like our stocks. so you can just move it up and down, forward and back, tilt all the same way. the power cables have to be integrated, not sure how since i haven't gotten that far yet. as far as the cooling and heating feature they offer, i believe it mite be able to wire up to a stock switch but that would be for heater only and not for the cooling part. pretty sure they have a separate control for that. as far as memory functions, turns out that feature would be lost.

*edit:
features that are not shown in a pic - RECARO vent® system, seat heating and electrical recline adjustment, and electric seat height and tilt adjustment. Seat cushion extension: better thigh support relieves strain on the muscular system and assists rapid pedal-switching. Other than that you can see the bolsters

Last edited by LexAnt; 06-06-06 at 07:22 PM.
Old 06-06-06, 08:27 PM
PsiQo1
Lead Lap

that sounds pretty good.. i could go without the memory seat positioning.. no biggie
Old 06-06-06, 09:53 PM
markesc
Lead Lap

Honestly, I wouldn't get too picky, the supra seats work great, paid $250 for mine, saved a lot of weight, they look great, a lot more comfy if you're tall!!
Old 06-07-06, 09:50 AM
jibbby
Banned - could not follow forum rules

Originally Posted by markesc
Honestly, I wouldn't get too picky, the supra seats work great, paid $250 for mine, saved a lot of weight, they look great, a lot more comfy if you're tall!!
I agree with you.... my choice is the Supra seats...Going to hit up the wreck yards today to see what I can find... .
Old 06-07-06, 10:17 AM
LexAnt
Lexus Champion

well i guess it's all preference. my mechanic had a supra tt to be worked on and he let me sit in it for a while, and i can say it definitely has better support than the stock seats. however, when i went to the recaro dealer and sat in the sport topline, man, that seat just hugged me, way more support then the supra seats... that's what i want.
Old 06-07-06, 10:23 AM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by LexAnt
well i guess it's all preference. my mechanic had a supra tt to be worked on and he let me sit in it for a while, and i can say it definitely has better support than the stock seats. however, when i went to the recaro dealer and sat in the sport topline, man, that seat just hugged me, way more support then the supra seats... that's what i want.
How was the lower back support on the Recaro's? I personally have to leave a pillow in my car because the stock SC seats have 0 support for that area. The more you talk about this seat Lexant, the more I want it.
Old 06-07-06, 11:11 AM
jibbby

Originally Posted by Xotic sC
How was the lower back support on the Recaro's? I personally have to leave a pillow in my car because the stock SC seats have 0 support for that area. The more you talk about this seat Lexant, the more I want it.
I used to use a pillow, sweat shirt, even a roll of paper towels half roll...That's funny..

Anyway, just a suggestion, stroll your car into any auto upholstery shop near you and tell them you want your lumbar support builtup...They will remove the seat cover and ad more foam...It should cost $50-$100... I did that and no more pillows......

The Ricaro seats would be my choice too but unfortunately you cannot pick up a pair for around $500 at a local wreck yard...like the Supra's.......
Old 06-07-06, 03:12 PM
LexAnt
Lexus Champion

the lower back support was great for me. but that is again said, for me. i'm not sure how your body would fit to it. my best advice is to go find a dealer and sit in one of their showroom seats and see how it feels. for me with my frame, it hugged me damn good. my sides, back and bottom were all held by the seat itself. basically felt like fallin backwards into fresh snow.... it just surrounds you completely and is very supportive.
Old 06-07-06, 03:46 PM
jibbby

Originally Posted by LexAnt
the lower back support was great for me. but that is again said, for me. i'm not sure how your body would fit to it. my best advice is to go find a dealer and sit in one of their showroom seats and see how it feels. for me with my frame, it hugged me damn good. my sides, back and bottom were all held by the seat itself. basically felt like fallin backwards into fresh snow.... it just surrounds you completely and is very supportive.
Sounds like these seats are almost better then a woman....I will have to check them out...