View Poll Results: YOUR sc goals?
speeeeeeeed!
18.89%
classy beauty like Lexus intended
35.45%
I have a goal of both moreso than just 2 upgrades each
45.67%
Voters: 773. You may not vote on this poll

Class or sass.......... what is YOUR SC goal?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-11, 12:12 PM
CloudNine7
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Interesting post! I have always loved the classy looks of the SC, and I'm going to love how luxurious, quiet and smooth it is on road trips. I want mine to look and perform the way it did when it came off the showroom floor. I'm perfectly happy with the acceleration power of the SC400 just as it is and will add no modifications to the car's performance or looks. Love this car and can't wait to find mine.

Edit: P.S. I think this board attracts a lot more of those that love the SC for sass more than class, because those looking to do mods have more of a need to confer with others, so of course, I think there are a lot more of us that have a love for the car just as it is than this poll will reveal!

Last edited by CloudNine7; 08-09-11 at 12:17 PM.
Old 08-09-11, 01:16 PM
JDMJoe239
Pole Position

i voted speed but i really have plans for all around performance not just speed. but my car will look good too, i plan on getting a T&E vertex kit after all the major performance stuff is completed. i plan on drifting it but it should be able to grip pretty well too. as of right now my plans are a 1jz swap, some bolt ons for that. k-sport coilovers, new wheels, a limited slip differential, and a roll cage/bucket seats (not in that order. wheels are fist than coilovers then motor/diff). but it will also be class with that body kit and im going to try and restore the interior and make it black and gray rather than the black and tan it is now.
Old 08-09-11, 01:41 PM
SandaraSC4
Driver School Candidate

I would say both, but my bank account only really permits me to maintain the car and thats about it (I'm a broke college kid too )

Right now, I am just going to do some simple/basic performance mods which just bolt on and dont really require any intense tuning or building. So coilovers, I/H/E, and wheels/tires. I may do the 5 speed conversion soon. After that, I just wanna keep it in good shape, make sure it runs well and looks good. I hope to have my motor completely built by TTC one day with some kind of sick forced induction. At that point, it will be show and go I could go on about all the things I wanna do, but I doubt anyone is interested so I'll leave it at that.
Old 08-09-11, 01:47 PM
BigBang
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by SandaraSC4
I would say both, but my bank account only really permits me to maintain the car and thats about it (I'm a broke college kid too )

Right now, I am just going to do some simple/basic performance mods which just bolt on and dont really require any intense tuning or building. So coilovers, I/H/E, and wheels/tires. I may do the 5 speed conversion soon. After that, I just wanna keep it in good shape, make sure it runs well and looks good. I hope to have my motor completely built by TTC one day with some kind of sick forced induction. At that point, it will be show and go I could go on about all the things I wanna do, but I doubt anyone is interested so I'll leave it at that.
I'm broke college also haha. But can't afford to do what you just mentioned with coils, wheels, exhaust, etc. For now just enough to do maintainence... and yeah both definitely. If money wasn't a problem. Performance costs much more than looks though, simple look things like tint, hids, maybe a lip, wheels etc costs less than forced induction. Do more for less XD
Old 08-09-11, 02:04 PM
JDMJoe239
Pole Position

Originally Posted by BigBang
I'm broke college also haha. But can't afford to do what you just mentioned with coils, wheels, exhaust, etc. For now just enough to do maintainence... and yeah both definitely. If money wasn't a problem. Performance costs much more than looks though, simple look things like tint, hids, maybe a lip, wheels etc costs less than forced induction. Do more for less XD
the thread did say goal. as for right now i cant even really afford maintenance. i mean i need new tires and i cant afford them... im trying to find a job because i cant even really drive anywhere because premium is expensive... i have $400 to my name and that has to last until i find a job. if im not careful that could be gone very easily with such a thristy car. luckily i did change the oil and tranny fluid/ filters. the car has 140,000 miles and the tranny fluid was never changed. im pretty sure we all have plans for our cars but few of us have funds to do it :'(

also legit wheels w/ tires will cost more than a turbo kit in most cases.

Last edited by JDMJoe239; 08-09-11 at 02:07 PM.
Old 08-09-11, 02:38 PM
BigBang
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by JDMJoe239
the thread did say goal. as for right now i cant even really afford maintenance. i mean i need new tires and i cant afford them... im trying to find a job because i cant even really drive anywhere because premium is expensive... i have $400 to my name and that has to last until i find a job. if im not careful that could be gone very easily with such a thristy car. luckily i did change the oil and tranny fluid/ filters. the car has 140,000 miles and the tranny fluid was never changed. im pretty sure we all have plans for our cars but few of us have funds to do it :'(

also legit wheels w/ tires will cost more than a turbo kit in most cases.
Sorry about the job Hope you can find one soon. I need new tires also.. if possible maybe you can go regular fuel.

In that case I would go turbo if had money.. wheels r so expensive Previous owner of mine ran into a curb and it lost tire pressure. I had to fix it myself instead of letting a pro do it. I had to lap my own valves and clean up all the parts to my engine instead of sending it to machine shop to sandblast during my rebuild/reseal cause the other engine died at 186k miles.
Old 08-10-11, 01:51 PM
CalitriSC
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

"clean" was my goal.
Old 08-10-11, 05:28 PM
Klyons1011
Driver School Candidate

just bought mine. sold my subaru wrx to get out of a car note and the little cash i had left from paying it off i bought a 1995 sc400 about 6 months ago. ive started by going ahead and true dualing the exhaust. and throwing some drop springs on it. and ordering john deere blitz black paint to go ahead and do a satin black paint job. just ordered my vortex front bumper and now trying to figure out what rear bumper to go with before it goes to paint. very fun cars indeed.
Old 08-11-11, 01:10 AM
FrshPrince
Rookie

I'm going for class, it cost too much to compete with these newer cars in my SC400
Old 08-11-11, 08:59 AM
BigBang
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by FrshPrince
I'm going for class, it cost too much to compete with these newer cars in my SC400
Ah that's true.. the newer v6 accords are fast! for v6.. Class and cleanness. Never hurts to have a fun ride tho
Old 08-11-11, 09:00 AM
BigBang
Lead Lap

Even though you have a fast car. Someone out there is much faster.
Old 09-13-11, 04:12 PM
Duck05
Pole Position

Received 373 Likes on 253 Posts

Class is my goal.. Getting it back to near original condition.

I'd like to upgrade the stereo system to a modern gps system with Bluetooth for the cell phone and an SD slot. If there are suggestions or a thread on here that talks about that please advise.
Old 09-13-11, 04:38 PM
texan_176
Intermediate

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts

Class

The only 2 things non-stock on mine are the 2nd gen GS polished 16 inch wheels and the 01 RX wooden steering wheel. The only non-maintenance thing I plan to do with the car is maybe swap out to the 99/00 seats if I find an excellent set.

Other than that...just care and upkeep.
Old 09-13-11, 05:48 PM
luvmysc400
Lead Lap

My goal is both & it will happen one day. But for now I'm gathering parts like crazy for a 1j swap.
Old 09-14-11, 02:34 AM
Duck05
Pole Position

Received 373 Likes on 253 Posts

Picture of my very stock SC300.

Name:  SC300 5.jpg
Views: 174
Size:  4.6 KB

Quick Reply: Class or sass.......... what is YOUR SC goal?